Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September, 12th (The 2010 Edition) | FerrariChat

Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September, 12th (The 2010 Edition)

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Aug 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #1 AVFPolo, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Once again you are invited to attend an informal gathering of sport vehicle enthusiasts at the home of Ed and Sandy Smith. Enjoy a leisurely, or spirited, drive to Autumn View Farm (AVF) located in Warren, Mass. The 2008 and 2009 events were well attended and due to popular demand we are hosting a 2010 event.

What is this event all about?
    This is an informal gathering of vehicles of a sporty nature (cars and bikes) and sporty vehicle enthusiasts. All marques are welcome to attend. Let's see some Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, Alfas, Jags, MB, Shelby, BMW, Corvettes, Ducatis, etc. We have Alfas and Avantis invited, and if only we knew a Zonda owner or two, we'd have all the marques covered from A-Z. We will once again be parking display vehicles in the back yard and along the garden. We'll provide light lunch, desserts, coffee, soft drinks, water. Attendees are welcome to BYOB or wine. We're counting on you to provide the enthusiasm.

Caravans will be forming for the drive in from central Connecticut, eastern Massachusetts and possibly New Hampshire. Let us know if you would like to join a cruise group and we'll provide the appropriate contact information for thegroup that you wish to join.

We are hoping to be able to offer the very popular 'golf cart polo' match again this year. The action will again take place on our polo field which is a very long, and safe, distance away from the display vehicles. I will look into securing the use of the carts.

Sorry, no low level wedding fly by this year unless someone volunteers to get married that day.

Who is invited?
    All are invited. Sporty type vehicle ownership is NOT required. The only requirement is a passion for vehicles. If you don't have a sporty type car then just bring yourself. Spouses, children, buddies are also welcome. If you know someone who should be added to the invitation list then please send their contact information (including email address) to us.

When?
    Sunday, September 12th
    Rain date is Sunday, September 26
    In case of inclement weather we shall make a 'go-no-go' decision by noon on Friday, September 10th. And we'll advise everyone via email.

Itinerary
    11:00 am Display vehicles begin arriving
    12:00 pm Lunch is served
    1:00 pm Golf cart polo matches begin (assumes I can secure the use of the carts once again)

Where?
    Autumn View Farm
    Warren (south central), Mass

Cost?
    There shall be no cost to any attendee to display a vehicle or to spectate.

How to get there - for street address and additional information please send an email to [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
    Ed and Sandy Smith

Following are a few links to the 2009 Gathering at Autumn View Farm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLO2RVv49pA Video made by attendee Allen Harris.
    http://www.automobilesdeluxe.tv/category/ferrari/page/2/ Scroll down about one half of the page for monograph with pics. Thanks Gunnar.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29108381@N02/sets/72157622247386415/show/ Nice shots taken by attendee Bobby Lincoln.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    One of the coolest events I went to last year. Great place, great people, and great fun.

This year Team Reds gotta make a comeback!

3. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hey, that's Kenny in the pic!

Enjoyed meeting you guys at Verell's and will try to get out there with a friend. Thanks for organizing it.

4. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    Sadly I didn't make it last year but will definitely try to get there this year. Thank you so much for your hospitality and hosting of this event. It is a great event and much appreciated.

5. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Not only was this the best event I went to last year, but it ranks amongst the best events I've ever been to! Thank you Ed and Sandy for hosting this terrific event, and inviting us all to your beautiful farm!

And Golf Cart Polo... what a hoot that was last year!

I've added the date to my calendar, and very much plan to attend. I'll see what I can do to wrangle my cousin and friend so we can bring 3 topless German ladies (BMW M3 vert, Porsche Boxster, SLK55 AMG vert) along for the day. Oh, and our wives too! ;-)

Is there anything I can do?

6. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Allen,

Thanks for making and posting the video !!!
    I especially enjoy watching it while I'm having lunch at the office on one of THOSE days.

My money is on Team Red for 2010.

- Ed -

7. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Tom,

Good spot. That is indeed Kenny front and center.
    I see a few more Fchatters in the pic as well.

Last I knew FastRadio was planning to attend. Don't know if you are coming the same way but you may want to contact him if you're interested in making a group drive.

We'll look for you on the 12th.

- Ed -

8. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    It seems there's interest from some who wish to meet up in Stafford Springs and tag onto the convoy up from Glastonbury as they pass through. A handful of us did this last year, and it worked out great.

Anyone in the Stafford area, or Agawam/Springfield/Enfield areas who want to meet up either in Stafford Springs or drive down Route 190 to Stafford Springs post or send a PM.

9. noodle

noodle Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As far as I know, I'm going and will meet you in Stafford.

Rt 190 is currently being milled for new pavement in Somers and I'll let you know if it isn't done by the 12th.

Eric

10. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Eric J and Eric,

I've got both of you confirmed on the guest list.
    We'll look for you at AVF.

- Ed -

11. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Liquid1,

I've also got you confirmed to the guest list.
    Hope that you can make it this year.
    Please try to bring additional metrowest folks with you.

- Ed -

12. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

As of today we are at almost 30 display cars. We are shooting for around 40 cars. I have about 50 persons (pilots and copilots) confirmed as attending with their car to be displayed and approximately 20 additional persons attending as spectators. Please keep those RSVPs coming.

I'm still working on securing the use of the golf carts but I think I'll be successful.

I'm also working on something else to keep you amused. Can't (won't) say what it is because it is currently up in the air.

- Ed -

13. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Ed, I wanted to update my headcount.

I will be there. My wife is saying she's a "tentative". Grrr.

My cousin wants to come in his Boxster, but needs to verify his work schedule and honey-do list are clear. He also said he's got a co-worker with a Z3 who would love to go to something like this too. I'll let you know as soon as I get yea/nay confirmation from them.

My friend Brian in the SLK55 AMG who you spoke with last Sunday tells me he wants to go. I'm not sure if he's confirmed with you directly or not. I'll try to find out and let you know.

14. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Eric,

I did speak to Brian and assured him that his AMG does indeed qualify as a sporty type car. Last I knew he is planning to attend and is arriving at AVF a little after noon. I've got him on the guest list.

Also, Eric's cousin's coworker is certainly welcome with his Z3.

Thanks for the update.

- Ed -

15. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    If anyone from eastern/northern/southern Ma. is interested in driving out in a caravan, there will be a rendezvous point on the Mass Pike westbound at the Westborough rest area just after exit 11 around 10:30am. Same as last year.

16. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Kenny,

Great to hear that you will be attending.
    We need all the help we can get to boost the twelve cylinder car count.

- Ed -

17. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    See you there!

18. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #18 UConn Husky, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    For the GBury group cruising to AVF on Sunday, we need to coordinate timing on your passing through Stafford Springs. I seem to have gotten the job of organizing those who want to meet up in Stafford Springs and tag along the rest of the way to Ed's place.

Anyone meeting in Stafford Springs, let me know.

I'll be coming from Agawam, through Enfield and down 190 to Stafford Springs. Anyone who wants to meet up and cruise to SS together let me know.

I will duplicate this post in the CT Gatherers 2010 thread.

20. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

The momentum is continuing to build. We are at 35+ cars and approximately 80 persons confirmed. Ferrari leads (of course because this after all FChat) all other marques with 17 confirmed display vehicles. Forza Ferrari !!!

We are still looking for examples from other marques - Lambo, DeTomaso, Dodge (Viper), Pagani (Zonda), etc.

GOLF CART POLO IS A GO. I have arranged for the use of six Club Carts from our good neighbors at Scottish Meadows Golf Course. Actually, Mrs.AVFPolo made the arrangements. But I'm still taking the credit. It's never too early to begin putting your teams together. And as Allen H. said "perhaps this year team red will feel what it is like to be victorious".

Still working on arrangements for another activity but it is "up in the air" at this time.
    Any attendees Accelerated Free Fall (AFF) certified??? Just Asking???

All for now
    - Ed -

21. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    Hi Ed,

I can only add 4 cylinders with my GTV, but at least it's Italian and red!

Thanks,

Michael.

22. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Michael,

I love your car. First Alfa confirmed for the Y2.01K edition of the Gathering at AVF. She'll fit in perfectly. I have you and the GTV confirmed.

Now we just need a Zonda to cover the entire automotive alphabet from A to Z.

- Ed -

23. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'm sure I can dig up an Omega somewhere. Does that count?

"I'm the Alpha, baby! I'm the Omega!"
    - Bruce Nolan

24. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'm sure I can dig up an Omega somewhere. Does that count?

"I'm the Alpha, baby! I'm the Omega!"
    - Bruce Nolan

25. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Ed, I just got an email from Brian (SLK55 AMG) and he said he won't be able to make it this Sunday. I'm not sure if he emailed you directly or not, but I felt it was my responsibility to let you know as well anyway.

I still haven't gotten confirmation on my cousin Skippy (Boxster) or his co-worker (Z3).