2010 F1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GP: FINALE RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 17 | FerrariChat

2010 F1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GP: FINALE RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Nov 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Go Vettel! And for FA and Ferrari, boy that stings. ZING. How ironic is it that Alonso's previous team held him up so much. Hah.

2. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    They need to fix that racetrack its utterly crap. Last year's procession was as dull as can be and, as a race, this one had all the excitement of paint drying.

3. pamparius

pamparius Formula Junior

May 16, 2007
    germany
    will there be a fine for showing the fist/finger by alonso?

4. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    If you want a driver to be a team mate don't f*ck him when he is about to win on the track he almost died a year before...

Psychology it's also a major key in team management.

Today the team lost because of the strategy, and Ferrari screwed up so many times in that
    domain the past 2 years that I'm not even surprised.

Finally, seeing Alonso's reaction at the end of the race makes me glad he lost the title.

5. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Agreed- but Fangio's five titles, each with a different team including four on the trot...versus Moss, Ascari, Hawthorne...

Both are golden IMHO!

6. Alexweav79

Alexweav79 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Owensville, MO
    Full Name:
    Alex Weaver
    #406 Alexweav79, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    First off, congratulations to SV and Red Bull as they are deserving constructors and drivers champions. Vettel, with that car, was they fastest combo this year. Period.

BUT...Ferrari giving it away like that! As soon as Webber went purple in a sector, Scuderia panicked and brought him in and I think everyone in the world saw it wasn't going to work, except for ferrari.

It wasn't Alonso's fault, I believe he was doing all he can to try to get by the ever-so-slightly slower Renault. That combined with that stupid-ass track is what held Alonso up. For anyone blaming Alonso, if it weren't for him, Ferrari would not have been leading the WDC going into the last race.

Thanks to the Ferrari duds on the pitboard who are getting paid millions to give the driver the best shot to win. All they had to do was return the favor with a strategy to give Alonso a top 4, and they couldn't. See ya next year, hopefully with a new line of brains calling the shots...

Alex

7. Nikolai_Petroff

BANNED

Jun 2, 2010
    La-la-land
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I think Ferrari is suffering from affirmative action. Instead of hiring the best... they hired Italian (or at least Latin).

Alonso objectively was not really close because without the points given to him by Massa... he would have been out anyway.

Also, others got close to RB because they were so unlucky/made so many mistakes... however they were simply untouchable.

Mark Webber... nice bloke but lacks killer instinct and is a choker. Fast in fast machinery and when things go his way, a bit like Button. He would have been a Damon Hill like fluke. Vettel actually desrves the title.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw Alonso pit so early on. What a bunch of dumbasses. I feel bad for Alonso for having such a crappy strategy team.

9. Nikolai_Petroff

BANNED

Jun 2, 2010
    La-la-land
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I feel bad for Alonso not being able to pass a mid-pack driver.

10. PaulVincent

PaulVincent Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Well, I for one will not bet against Alonso.

11. Nikolai_Petroff

BANNED

Jun 2, 2010
    La-la-land
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    With a track built from scratch in the middle of nowhere, one could have thought they could build it in any (best) way possible... alas they spent more thought on yacht parking and airconditioning for the royal family viewing areas.

12. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Ferrari didn't deserve the DWC. He couldn't win it even being Ferrari's favored driver. He was unable to pass a Petrov-a rookie-who was widely speculated to lose his seat. As I am sure others have pointed out, it is ironic that Alonso got beat by both Renaults.

Congratulations to Red Bull, Sebastian Vettel and Adrian Newey, a much-deserved result.

13. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    We agree, but I foresee us taking a LOT of heat for that over the next 5 months :D

I am no huge Massa fan, but Alonso was only where he was because the team cheated... not just cheated per the rulebook, but cheated Massa out of a position he deserved. It made it worse that it was his 1 year anniversary of his accident and that they had told him to turn down his engine and had Alonso turn up his engine - it still wasn't enough so they told him to move over and let Alonso by.

Today's result was karma, pure and simple. Beautiful, perfect karma.

14. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

exactly, that guy is a jerk. I call him the Spanish ice king

15. Noah930

Noah930 Karting

Apr 15, 2010
    Full Name:
    Alarick
    FA certainly didn't race like a champion today.

Congrats to Vettel. What a way to win a championship.

16. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Are you saying Ferrari should have ditched Alonso and gone Slavic (Kubica over Petrov)? Petrov certainly got the better of Alonso today.

17. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    What reaction are you referring to? I enjoy seeing him act like a clown, as he is prone to do.

18. PERSENAAMA

PERSENAAMA Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 14, 2010
    thats correct...that guy is a big joke!!!!!!

19. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Do you guys honestly think Renault was helping Red Bull? Why on earth would they? Did they tell Petrov ahead of time "listen, if you get a chance to hold up Ferrari, do it!"? Did they say it over the radio and risk a ban by the FIA? If Alguersuari, who is ultimately a Red Bull employee didn't move out of the way for Webber, costing Webber the position over Alonso, why on earth would Petrov do it for Alonso? Petrov is driving for his seat next year... if I was him, I'd be busting ass to keep Alonso behind me, it makes him look good.

And the default situation is that a driver must make a pass on his own merits (unless you are Ferrari and have ordered the pass be made), but for the rest of the field, you gotta do it on your own. So how would Alonso not being able to pass Petrov be a case of Renault helping?

I like you guys but you're seeing what you want to see - looking for excuses. Renault didn't help Red Bull and STR didn't help Red Bull either. Nobody really helped anyone, they were all in it for themselves - as it should be.

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, was it good for you too?

Oh wait, sorry. Your hero blew it in lap one. Nevermind.

21. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Funny that just in the last few minutes they interviewed LH. He was suggesting that the Renault drivers were the other two RedBull drivers :D

22. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Nice to see Sebastian refer back to his karting friends in the post-race interview. Karting is a fantastic sport, and I enjoy seeing F1 drivers pay homage to it.

23. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    What a terrible track to end the season on.

A Tilke Formula-Yawn track -- no elevation changes, no good passing opportunities -- a sterile technical track.

And poor Vettel -- he really wanted to spray the champagne --- but that citric water didn't spray worth a durn.
    Maybe he should have dropped in a couple of Mentos. ;)

Alonso has been a gorilla all year, but when the crunch came, ... nada?

I can understand Massa stuck behind the STR -- every time Massa's tried to force his way past the STRs, this year, he's been punted into the petunias.

But Alonso stuck behind Petrov all race? Where's the beast that nerfed Massa off the pit entry in China? That cut the corner (on Kubi) at Silverstone?

Of course, if you look at the fast sector times from qualifying, the Ferrari just didn't work all that well on this track.
    And the team wasn't exactly doing good strategy, either.
    In the race or in qualifying.
    So, no brilliant strategy; no brilliant car; no brilliant driving.

There's no joy in Maranelloville -- Mighty Alonso has struck out.

24. Nikolai_Petroff

BANNED

Jun 2, 2010
    La-la-land
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Of course not. They should have had Newey and Vettel/Hulk. Instead of Domenicali and Massa/Alonso

25. Nikolai_Petroff

BANNED

Jun 2, 2010
    La-la-land
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    +1 on the rose water... just emblematic of F1 selling out to all those weird countries.