Nouvalari? | FerrariChat

Nouvalari?

Discussion in '348/355' started by PorscheGuy, Dec 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #1 PorscheGuy, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I decided to post this in the main 355 forum. Just purchased my 355 and was about to pull the trigger on the Capristo level 1. I love it but feel like it might be a bit loud for my taste. As I was going back through the old threads on Tubi v Capristo I found some references to Nouvalari. This seems like a quieter Capristo system at a much lower cost which sounds perfect.

Anyone have any comments about Nouvalari? Its obviously not as popular but seems like an incredible value?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    As always the best bet is to go to a meet or show and hear them in person. YouTube is a good source but the sound is not the same. I have only heard stock, bypassed stock, Gruppe M and Mille Miglia (mine) in person so I can't comment on Capristo or Nouvalari.

The Gruppe M on my buddy's Spider and the Mille Miglia on my Berlinetta sound absolutely incredible. Everyone at Cars and Coffee always comments on how wonderful they sound, that they sound like Ferraris should.

Either way it will be a huge improvement over stock. You have to rev to 5000+ to get a good sound from the stock muffler, with an (quality) aftermarket you can hear the music from idle.

Rob

3. PorscheGuy

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks. I agree on hearing them in person - seems hard to find in my area but I may just be impatient :)

4. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #4 sambomydog, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
    Lol, you think that a level one Cappy will be to loud for your taste? Clearly you have not sat/drove in one. They are as loud/quite as you want them to be, either by the throttle or by keeping on your cats. Trust me when i say that a level one with the standard cats will be enough for you untill you take the next step and remove the cats. Dont make any judgements from just listening to youtube videos, they are always posted just for effect. No one posts a Capristo sound clip of a system at tick over or low revs;) That dont make good viewing:)
    Regarding the Nouvalari, yes it is a popular system and seems to be flavor of the month at the moment due to the best sound for bucks. I have driven in 355s with them on, straight pipes and cats. They are just as loud as Capristos/Tubis. With the various systems its not the loudness of the systems, its the differences in the sounds that each type of system make. A violin is not louder than a Viola, but each has its own distinctive music note:)

5. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    If you go for Nouvolari just make sure you explain you have an F1. I think I was the first to fit their exhaust to a 355F1 because their standard dual pipe design doesn't clear the F1 pump. But impressively they made me a single pipe design (like a Tubi) and had it in my hands within a few days, fit perfectly.

Regarding sound, I think it's a bit on the quiet side for my taste, but everyone else says it sounds great and is loud enough. I'd say it's comparable with the Tubi for decibel level.

6. PorscheGuy

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks. Have you heard the Capristo's in person? Are they louder?

7. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I haven't heard in person...but keep in mind there's 3 'levels' of Capristo, and also Nouvolari has a 'super sport' version that is much louder. And again when comparing online vids, you need to consider if the car has cats or test pipes, that makes a big difference.

8. PorscheGuy

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Complicated. I'm sure the answer is to wait until I hear the perfect exhaust in person but that seems like a long process.

9. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #9 captglen, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a brand new design we just released for a 355, its called our RaceTech model that sounds awsome, however it is not street legal. Whatever you decide will be the right choice for you.
    Make sure you specify 6 speed or F1 as there is a differnece because of the F1 pump as Uconn Husky mentioned
    Good luck on your purchase, you made a great deal on your 355 and you will get years of fun and enjoyment besides the great people you will meet.
    Let me know if I can answer any question for you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Congrats on the new car !!!.........and, change your user name :)

11. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have driven behind (for around 40 minutes) a 355 with a Level 3 Capristo...Absolutely effing glorious!! Probably the best sounding car/system EVER. Period.

12. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    #12 rbellezza, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    I have on my 348 a set of Nouvolari High Flow cats and Exhaust. I love them ... period !
    Well built, precise and great sound. I have no relation with the company and nothing to gain talking good about it.

13. Chris Honeywell

Chris Honeywell Karting

Nov 11, 2007
    Trowbridge UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Honeywell
    Have one on mine also Super sport with no cats took a few miles to settle down but it sounds great:)
    I would recommend one!!!

14. DiMisa1977

DiMisa1977 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2005
    i am also looking for more feedback on Nouvalari, I have a 355 spider 6 speed.

15. Chris Honeywell

Chris Honeywell Karting

Nov 11, 2007
    Trowbridge UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Honeywell
    Look for the price they charge for them they sound fantastic! the fit for me on my 355 (6 speed) was 100% spot on.

Sounds better than the X-Ost that i had on my 348 which BTW cost me (3 years ago) double what the Nouvalari cost me 2 months ago.
    I really can't see anyone fitting on of these and not be happy with the sound:)

16. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    I don't know of any 355's in the DFW area that are running Nouvalari, but I have the "quieter" Sport level Nouvalari on my 348. You are more than welcome to come by and we'll ride around in it, and you can follow me down the road to hear it from behind the car. It won't be exactly the same, but it might give you some idea of what you can expect. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'll be around all weekend. Maybe we can get Marty (aka 'Silky Smoove') to uncover his 355 at the same time (he lives right around the corner from me).

(and like Roberto stated above, I have no affiliation with Nouvalari, and I have absolutely nothing to gain here except maybe to pat myself on the back for potentially helping out a fellow fcar owner...) :)

17. PorscheGuy

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well - I bought the Stage 1 Capristo on a car I dont have yet (crazy) which I have never heard (crazy) for an large amount of money (crazy). I saw so many posts about people loving their Capristo setup I decided they just cant be wrong (crazy). My guess is it arrives sometime in the next two weeks. Then I say lets go terrorize some people in your neighborhood since my wife will likely banish me and this car. She says all of my old cars smell like a lawn mower and wake the children.

That aside - I cant wait to hear your car. I love the 348.

18. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    #18 DiMisa1977, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    thanks for the reply. i am strongly considering the Nouvalari. they customer service has been very strong as well.

one question, what are the tips like in comparison to the stock ones? i am looking for a stock look, but a F1 sound :)

19. Chris Honeywell

Chris Honeywell Karting

Nov 11, 2007
    Trowbridge UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Honeywell
    #19 Chris Honeywell, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    to me the tips look slightly meaner looking but TBH anyone else other than a 355 owner would think that its stock from the rear, you can see the tips in the pic up a bit on this thread.

That exhaust above^^ is what is basically on mine :) looks the same to me except the brackets look like a slightly different (how there welded to the pipes)

Ohh get the super-sport too:)

20. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    super sport isn't too loud? i hate loud idle, but LOVE loud scream when ripping through the gears.

21. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    LOL! Sounds like fun and I think you will love the Capristo! Marty and I are already on our HOA's radar, but bring 'er on up! What's the worst they could do to us, change the gate code? And by the time you get your car, there will be yet another 355 Spider joining our neighborhood brat pack. I think that one has a Tubi...

Don't feel bad, my wife doesn't like my 348, either. "It's too noisy! Slow down! It hurts my neck when you shift like that!" --[sigh]. :D

22. PorscheGuy

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Our wives will get along famously.

23. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    We can send them shopping for handbags and throw pillows. lol

24. m13s

m13s Karting

Oct 25, 2008
    MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi,

Installed a Supersport Novoulari on my 348 SS and it has High flow cats. Sounds the balls. Install took about 3 hours, replaced the stock can and it sits up a little higher than stock. Makes for a cleaner look. After pricing all the pipes like you did, I talked to Glen and took the plunge. Could not be happier and everyone that hears the little beast always comments on how great it sounds. The Novoulari are 304 stainless, good build and weld quality. I think the capristo are 308 but I could be wrong.

For the price I feel it's a no brainer. I may even put one on my Maserati, but the people around my house probably won't like it.

Good luck on your choice,

Michael

25. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I looking at doing a super sport on a 348 spider. I would like it louder than stock but I don't want it to be deafening. Is the sport about the same level as stock and can anyone give me an estimated % level higher that the super sport is? I have looked and looked and I can't find one in the area to hear.