Roland Linder | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Roland Linder

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Roland E Linder, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    how pathetic.

2. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Rob, did you really write that?

Why, after it's been months since anyone posted anything on here about Roland?

Did you ever actually meet Roland? I have, and I never knew him to "lie" about his car. He was up front about having re-built the car to his specs and, in the Forza article about the car, went into considerable detail about the rebuild. I never saw any evidence that Roland was presenting his car as something it wasn't; he jokingly stated that perhaps he should call his car an "F40 LM Modificatto." (Which doesn't actually exist; it would be like making significant changes to my 308 and calling it a 308 Evoluzione or something like that.)

I guess the moral of the story is that a burned F40 must, by law, be sent to the scrap heap if it can't be resurrected to meet Classiche specs.

Some people on here regard Roland as if he committed some sort of crime. The car was burnt and destined for the crusher. Roland never tried to pretend his F40 was an original LM.

Sheesh.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #103 Napolis, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Was he a two time Le Mans Winner as was stated in the Mothers Add?

Am I wrong about that? Either him being a two time Le Mans winner or that it was so stated in the Mother's add?

How about this guote describing him in the Players Run advertising:

"Roland Linder 2 time Le Mans winner in a Ferrari F 40"

is this true?

4. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    #104 Stackhouse, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Read the threads, do some research and you will find that there are a lot of people, including myself who paid Roland Linder based upon his story. These are not false claims being made by random people claiming to be "victims", everyone who has stepped up can and has produced mountains of credible evidence including VIDEO statements from Roland himself!!!

There is no argument that the F40 he owns is a really nice rebuild, the problem is that its owner misrepresented himself and his car.

Ask Me How I Know!! [Biting My Tongue]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #105 rob lay, Feb 9, 2011
    yes, I have met and talked with Roland, several times. I had actually forgiven him, talked to him more the last couple years, and have been on his email list. That's why I got his mass email this morning of his "F40 LM" with pics after some minor body work. Why in the hell would he call it a F40 LM? How many on his mass list don't know the full story? Is that why he thinks he can get away with it?

I wasn't talking about the past, I was talking about the current and now, today!

If you want to talk about the past I have heard both in some circles in the day Roland was forthcoming (especially after FerrariChat.com users knew better), but also from some of his closest friends during that time that he would purposely represent the car as a F40 LM and also let the Le Mans racer story go on without correction, even on national TV!

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #106 rob lay, Feb 9, 2011
  7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #107 darth550, Feb 9, 2011
  8. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy

Wonder if we can get Jerry to make an anniversary Linder F40LM Bobble to celebrate the legend!

;)

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Given the opportunity, what would he have it say on the base?

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    #110 Stackhouse, Feb 9, 2011
    Maybe we should ask him?

Maybe something about his racing career but I lost count how many times he has won LeMans or was it LeMons??

I'm so confused!

:(

11. Purple6.0vt

Purple6.0vt Rookie

Nov 2, 2010
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    He also lied about who built the car :) David Castelhano built the car..

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Two-Timer

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    You're Funny.

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    There appear to be a lot of liars in our neck of the woods, crooks, drug bust, and plea bargains. In this fog of bull****, there is a clean, well lighted room. Only the dumb and numb would think they can get away with it. They are only fooling themselves, and no one else. Don't worry, we know who they are, do you?

15. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #115 cc8s, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    Interesting read - but why so much rage? The gent has a modified F40 and calls it an F40 LM? I am sure there are many instances of something similar. Say for example that Veyron modified to be a Centennaire. The stupid thing is, that car is now known as 'the fake Centennaire' and not as a fairly incredible Veyron.

To be honest, the only person he is fooling is himself as, in my humble opinion, it is daft to modify such a fantastic car and have it known as 'the fake F40 LM' and not as an incredible F40! He apparently openly admits it is an F40, if questioned. So those that know and care about the car will know. And the masses will see no diffence between the F40 and LM and will be blissfully ignorant.

I am struggling to see where the rage is coming from. I am interested to hear more.

ETA: It seems that a lot of the rage is coming from the fact that he seems rather 'dubious' in the way he presents himself and his 'record'. Would that be right? Seems stupid from my point of view - why claim to be what you are not, or exaggerate, especially when it is so easy to catch you out!

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    lets start with "2 time Le Mans champion"

FYI, I'm not picking on Roland. You should see me at the local cruise in shows as I walk up to people with 1966 placards on their Factory Five Cobras. I have to say 288 GTO 308's, 250 GTO anything elses, and F40 LM F40's are the worse. Call them what they are, not what you wish they were.

Sincerely,
    Tom Cruise

17. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete

I think, after another look, I understood the situation a wee bit more and edited my post, moments before you quoted, to clarify.

Cheers.

18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Are you on the edge of a lake?

19. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Sincerely,
    Tom Cruise"

20. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON

Well it started over a BIG FAT lie a few years ago and when you lie on Fchat you get busted by the Fchat Police and that is why. Some of us have not lived it down. LOL As far as the car goes, it is a very well put together f40 and I'm a fan of what he did to it, by saving it from the crusher and so on. But as far as going into the story hit the search for more info. I myself have moved on but I understand why some have not.

21. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    #121 cmparrenzo, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    I knew Roland very well. I wish I could agree with you. I was there multiple times when he made claims the car was a true LM and that he raced at LeMans. It made me so mad that he misrepresented the car because the truth was so much more interesting. So I guess you did not know him as well as you thought.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Roland is OK besides playing with the truth a little. Awesome cars, awesome passion, awesome driver.

I guess you also shouldn't judge him by the friends he use to keep... Aaron White and John Guthrie. I think in long run he got as burned as anyone.

23. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I wonder what rock AW is hiding under these days.

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He was extremly damaged, financially to have entrusted his cars to Aaron White....

I'm not sure he ever got it all back.......thankfully MOST of the TR.

Aaron had fradulent titles and was OFF and running with all of that, while Roland underwent three shoulder replacements.

I'm not aware of a Wyo550 connection actually......

*shrugs shoulders*

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #125 BigTex, Feb 10, 2011
    Jungles of South America, where they tolerate such behavior....you can style find him on the Web, if you are wanting to invest...

I think Tielde went all Rambo with the black face paint and went 'in' after him.....:D :D :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login