0302 found in Venezuela | Page 13 | FerrariChat

0302 found in Venezuela

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by elmotorizado, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    that's hilarious. Great looking machine, nonetheless.

Onno

2. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    These experts probably have no hard data to back their claims.

What do you think about the Ferrari-Mercedes being 0302 or 0304?

3. elmotorizado

elmotorizado Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Not easy to investigate via remote control.

My heart wants it to be 0302 because was the first number found and I like the Belinetta better than the Barchetta (this find was bashed a lot), on the other hand we found 0304 stamped twice on the chassis and the experts have not written a single word, good or bad, there most be some reason for the silence.
    branko

4. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    These cars were made at a time when renumbering was sometimes done for reasons that are not always very clear and as a result it may be near impossible to determine what serial number a certain chassis used when first built. As build sheets were (sometimes/often/usually/always?) retyped after renumbering, the early histories have largely been erased. Some cars carry double stamps as a result, some don't. This is why I believe not even the factory archive holds the answer - neither do they have people who would really understand what to look for - or care.

I could make a guess which car is which, but would like to see if the surviving/restored Vignale Spider does have more chassis stamps than just one. Then again it would be just a guess and it might be wise to accept that we might never be able to sort this one out.

Best wishes, Kare

5. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Extra!Extra! Read all about it!!! Barchetta has now teamed up with Marcel Massini and revised their page on #0562M stating that this car is the "Trans-Oliver Special" with the 300SL engine. If this is old news I appoligize. I checked this out based on banco's recent post in theVenezuela thread. It was my understanding that this issue was still unresolved. I have always wondered who edits the Barchetta sites.Anyone have any ideas. just one man's opinion tongascrew

6. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #306 elmotorizado, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    This is old news Sir, I could point several mistakes on Barchetta, and I repeat not easy to investigate via REMOTE CONTROL, bring some evidence, and read all the thread carefully.

Please read and take a look at my message 190, then go your message 209 and take a good look at the chart in my message 226.
    And please stay in the subject.
    branko

PS please what did I post in the Venezuelan forum, you can copy and paste here any of my messages.

7. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I knew I would get a reply from you.This is a new entry in barchetta and I am hoping that someone out there can explain what prompted this entry. Is there something we don't know and should??? just one man's opinion tongascrew

8. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Would you please explain what you mean by this statement?
    This kind of statements distracts the main point which is the car found in Venezuela.

Where did you get the information that it is a new entry?
    I have not seen a single Barchetta's records to be correct concerning cars in Venezuela.
    There are more than 50 pieces of evidence posted on this car, and I am still waiting for your first input in that matter, you are confused or try to confuse most of the time.
    Please once more I beg to stay on the subjet.
    branko

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I agree.

Best

10. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Hi Kare, take a look at messages 99, 104 and 116 in this thread and make your own conclusions.
    Have a good one.
    branko

11. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    I would very much like to see what is stamped under the exhaust in the existing car. Not that it would make all this much clearer...

12. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    I am missing the controversy of this discovery and believe that it should not be sweeped under de rug.
    branko

13. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
  14. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
  15. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Good evening to all,

I am sure many of you have have read the thread related to the FERRARI 625 TF serial 0302TF, in Branko´s Venezuelan Forum and as you can see that there are now many missing pictures, that were hosted originally in Imageshack:

PASION A LA VELOCIDAD Y MOTORES ? Ver Tema - FERRARI 625 TF serial 0302TF

These were hosted using Imageshack free hosting service.

Due to a new policy by Imageshack, starting Nov. 1, no more links to Forums or blogs will be allowed for free accounts, if you want your picture hosted, you will require a premium account. In Venezuela, due to exchange control by Government, it is almost impossible to exchange local currency to dollars and pay for a suscription service, even as low as $3.99 a month.

I am sure that some of Imageshack stakeholders probably are members of the Ferrari chat forum, and they should be aware that in a typical forum, pictures are hosted by hundreds of individual members, for several years. It is almost impossible to contact all of them and have them host their pictures to another free service like Photobucket.

In our particular case, many of the pictures in the Venezuelan Forum Pasion a la Velocidad y Motores, were hosted by Branko, who sadly passed away several years ago.

There should be alternatives for these cases; I hope that this message can reach some of the Imageshack stakeholders.

Regards,

emunoz167

16. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    I don't think this has been followed up:

"Originally Posted by elmotorizado View Post
    Here is the first photo a took of the polemic car, the owner told me is the original grill before de fire in the 60s
    branko

The grille would have a body number or even the chassis number (or part of the number) stamped somewhere, under the red color.
    Marcel Massini" (post #64)

Does anyone have contact with the current owner of the chassis and can they look into this?

Also it seems highly unlikely that the owner who said that "he wanted to save it to play on in his retirement. I most add, he thought that it was a worthless piece of iron." (branko -post #240)
    will have the knowledge or skills to do anything sensible with this car.
    Assuming he now knows he has something very special maybe maybe he's changing his mind. Or has it already been sold on?
    I'm sure there are one or two highly motivated persons who must have tracked him down and tried to buy the chassis by now.

17. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    #317 emunoz167, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Good afternoon 246tasman,

Thanks for your interest in the Ferrari Mercedes, possible S/N 0302.

As many of you are aware, Branko passed away on July 2011, but several of his friends have fought to keep his forum (Pasion a la Velocidad y Motores) and photos alive.

We have now a new issue with Imageshack, who hosts many of the pictures, and starting Nov 1, it will not allow free hosting of pictures, so it is probable that you cannot see them in the Forum, see the Ferrari Mercedes link here:

Here is a link for non-registered users:

http://www.pasionalavelocidad.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=392

If anybody of you knows the best way to approach Imageshack related to this issue, we would welcome your suggestions.

In order to help contact the persons who could answer your questions, I am posting a link to the Facebook version of the Forum, I would suggest that you post there. I wiil put a note there with a link to this Ferrari Chat Forum.

Dont worry about the language, some of us can understand, read and write in English, so we may be able to help you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/197080860334935/

Branko was very tight lipped about the identity of the current owner of the Ferrari mercedes, I believe that he understands the importance of the car he has, but as many owners of nice but unrestored cars, prefers to delay the decision of having the car restored . . .

As a final comment, let me assure you that there is local expertise in Venezuela for restoring a car like this, but due to current economic situation (100% + inflation) and foreign exchange controls, it is very expensive and difficult to import especialized parts.

To mention one example, currently a Maserati 450S replica being built here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/197080860334935/permalink/802446319798383/

Best Regards,

emunoz167

18. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    #318 emunoz167, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    #319 emunoz167, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Thanks for posting this. The body looks quite interesting from this angle and it's nice to see a pic of Branko.

The idea about looking for any numbers stamped on the grill should be followed up. I hope you can try to somehow get this message to the owner and that one day he will reveal what he found.

21. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Some news about the current condition of the car today...? Just this question to give a bump to this interesting thread.

22. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    Hello giotto
    the car is still in the same place in a were house here in Venezuela

23. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Thanks for the update.
    Do you have contacts there who can keep you informed if anything happens?

24. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Good evening to all,

For updates on this subject (in spanish), please check:

Venezuelan Forum "Pasion a la Velocidad y Motores":

The Forum page in Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/197080860334935/

Latest entry about 0302 with discussion about an 2015 article in the Klemantaski collection:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/197080860334935/permalink/1483532751689733/

The article:

https://klemcoll.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/a-new-ferrari-sports-car/

Regards,

emunoz167