I have HAD IT! | FerrariChat

I have HAD IT!

Discussion in '348/355' started by ernie, Mar 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I have HAD IT with this pile of **** car!

What now? The right hand side radiator is leaking.

This is THE WORST car I have EVER owned! The biggest piece of **** car ever! And I am sick and tire of fixing the mother f#@$&er! Every damn thing you can think of I have fixed on this pile of junk. I must be an IDIOT for keeping it! It has been nothing but a F%CKING MONEY PIT! The problems with the damn car seem to never cease. If it isn't one f*cking thing it's another, and I have HAD IT!!!!! I haven't ever been able to drive it for more than a couple of months because **** keeps going wrong with it. And it's not like I haven't tried to keep it up. But every m o t h e r ******* i n g TIME I FIX THIS B!TCH THE PILE OF **** CAR THROWS SOMETHING ELSE AT ME!!!!

Well FUUUUUUUCK IT! I am done!

2. m13s

m13s Karting

Oct 25, 2008
    MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am not sure you conveyed your message clearly.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This is like hearing the Pope complain about how Catholicism is unworkable in the world. :eek:

4. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Are you parting it out?

:) :) :)

Just kidding.

I somewhat feel your frustration. The first 2 years I had my car I couldn't go on a drive without the check engine light coming on, or a check valve failing or some interior part falling off.

It took two engine outs, replacing most electrical components (MAF, 02, etc) to make it work.

So sorry for your mishaps.

Kai

5. Xaika348

Xaika348 Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wijnand
    Probably your car has been manufactured on a Monday following a weekend of .........
    However, in a sense, aren't all Ferrari's manufactured on Monday?
    But I'll bet after a good nights sleep you'll wake up fully in love with the car. It's an expensive girlfriend, really a gold digger. But who cares, you're addicted, aren't you?? ;) ;)

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Wait, you are saying your Ferrari isn't realiable? I don't believe you. For one thing, your posting wasn't passionate, sounded more like someone who was typing while they watched Judge Joe Brown. Just buy a jar of radiator stop leak...

I fixed a radiator that had the little drain thing break off by prying the end cap off and putting RTV in there with a nut, then used a soft washer and bolt to make a new drain thing. Just patch it up and enjoy!

Also, you might want to change the timing belts while you are in there.
    :)
    BT

7. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    WOW.
    I hope one of the other Stooges get to you and buy you a drink soon.
    Sounds like you need it.
    Keep your head up, the frustration will pass.......

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Those are the days I go sailing.....with a BIG ice chest and a babe in a TINY suit.

HTH.....

9. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Damn dude... tell us how you really feel! I feel your pain Bro, I really do... :(
    I sometimes wonder how the folks at Ferrari ever slept at night, considering these were once $120K cars!

At least this isn't a huge expensive thing, any radiator shop can patch that up cheaply. Plus they'll pressure test it and fix any other defects that may cause it to leak in the future.

10. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Classic. You're priceless!

OP...Seriously, I feel your pain. These cars can drive you up the effing wall. My 328 did this to me for awhile before I got it sorted; funny thing was, 80% of it wasn't the car's fault but, rather, due to shoddy and shady mechanics. Don't know what you should do at this point. How much do you love the car? I know you hate it right now, but WHEN it's working, how do you feel? If not great, then get rid of it; it's not worth the aggravation and money.

My best,

Scott

11. CDF

CDF Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Get a 355, and you may think the 348 repairs weren't so bad.

12. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Ya... but how do you "really" feel?

JD

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ernie, I feel for you...step back for a day or so, cool off, then get this sorted when you have time.

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks, I needed that.

I'm coming up on my three-year anniversary of my divorce from le Shark. Lately, I have been finding myself looking out of the corner of my eye whenever I see a flash of a nicely shaped leg.

Time dulls the memories of waking up with a mouthful of cigarette ashes and snakes crawling out of my eyes.

Yep, been der, podner. Been der.

Dale

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ernie - I'll give you $1 for it.

16. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    #16 enginefxr, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is your Integra giving you all these problems?

18. 308tr6

308tr6 Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    SDakota
    Full Name:
    Rico
    Charlie....is that you man?

19. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #19 mj_duell, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

Easy Ernie, Easy................step back...deep breaths. Ok, so the radiator is leaking... find your Chi. It can be fixed and maybe cheaply. It can also be replaced with something better if needed. We are here for ya brother! I agree with Gary, look at the boobies and drink a beer.

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #20 TheMayor, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This pretty much explains it all...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here, try to be more like this Ernie. ;)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-mO-WtVJo[/ame]

22. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    How much for the future race car. Pm me a number. I need chassis and engine. You can sell everything else, seats, mirrors, ac, interior, All of it.

23. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #23 Saint Bastage, Mar 9, 2011
    The car is fine...its you that blew a gasket.

J/K...sorry for your pain.

Mikey...that was perfect.

24. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #24 ernie, Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks guys.

But dealing with this car has been nothing short of a pain in the ass from day 1.

I just called around for new radiators, and get this, for the SMALL right hand side radiator, the list price is $2300! They are INSANE! And I looked at most of the parts places, the dealer, Ricambi, Ferrpart, GT Car Parts, and they all have the same price. There is NOOOOOOO W A Y...... I am gonna get caught paying that kind of money for a damn radiator that is the relative size of a radiator used on a 125 shifter kart. NOT gonna happen. Even on a deal from one of the places I was still looking at damn near $1400. Again, not gonna happen.

This is the **** I'm sick and tire of dealing with. Not only is my car a piece of crap, then when I go to fix it I have to CONSTANTLY deal with parts that are INSANELY priced. You guys know I do my best to help out the Brotherhood, but I'm sick of dealing with all the bullsh!t involved with owning a Ferrari. I've had this car for over 9 years, and it has been nothing short of trying to pull teeth out of the mouth of a crocodile, a damn fight every time.

Someone asked about my Integra, well after 330,000 miles the engine finally gave up the ghost. So right now I'm in the process of teaching my son how to pull it. It would have been out last week, but the cherry picker I was gonna buy will be on sale in a couple of days for $75. So we wait. My 1997 Ford Expedition has 301,000 miles on it. Yes you read that right 300 GRAND. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. That truck is so tough it's ridiculous. I replaced the radiator when it had something like 165,000, and the alternator at about 250,000. And hows this? It's still on the ORIGINAL WATER PUMP from the factory! Where as it's recommended to replace the water pump every 3 years in our 348?!

This is like the straw that broke the camels back. Yeah it's only a "little radiator" but it's all the crap, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and...........................
    First it was the flywheel and clutch when I bought the car, then the brakes, then the cats, then the cat ecu's, then the thermostat, then the engine out major, then the left radiator, then the shift lever, then the shift lever again, then the spark plug wires, then the head light bucket, and then front bumper, then the gear box getting destroed, and the rear main engine seal, then the left rear wheel bearing and axle flange, then the wiring loom, then the cats again, then the right rear wheel bearing and axle flange, then the gas tank leaking, then the left front wheel bearing, then the purge valves crushing the tank, then the coolant temp sensors, then the shift lever AGIAN, and O2 sensors, and new crank sensors, then the pressure plate snapped, and the triple, seals and then the ignition control modules, and I'm STILL dealing with that damn 1212 code, and now...............the son of a bt!ch right hand side radiator, and I've probably left some other **** out.

Over, and over, and over, and over, with this M O T H E R ******* I NG P E C E OF ****!!!!

I'm am F*CKING SICK OF IT!!! Because I know that IF I fix the radiator, the F*CKING WHORE CAR will find something else to break!

I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!

25. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I'll call you.