More Old Photos | Page 255 | FerrariChat

More Old Photos

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bertocchi, Jan 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    0515GT.

2. jsalgatti

jsalgatti Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    I thougth so but wasn't sure...a 250 GTZ and I have to ad that this picture was taken in Caracas, Venezuela but so far, there is no refference of that car being imported to that country; any hints?

Thanks for your quick reply

3. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Sorry to disagree, but that is a BMW 507.

Best wishes, Kare

4. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    :)

5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Definitely a BMW 507! Propably the famous car in "China Rot" ("Chinese Red").

Ciao!
    Walter

6. bellabarbas

bellabarbas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2008
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Corrado
    #6356 bellabarbas, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    As I mentioned Barchetta is only the beginning. What I do is is to add info and correct errors in Barchetta. My sources are to numerous to list here but I am sure you are familiar with many of them including F Chat itself. I mention questionable Barchetta listings when I am unable to resolve the issue at hand and usually get some reliable info in return. Try it. There are some great people out there who are ready to help. just one man's opinion tongascrew

8. FERRARINUTJOB

FERRARINUTJOB Rookie

May 2, 2011
    BIG NEWS - UPDATE: MAY 2011
    Word on the street that 330 LMB was victim of a theft in March 1977 involving DONALD FONG and STEPHEN BRUSINI ( both were arrested in the case ). The car was not recovered and not returned to the true owner IVARS BLUMENAU and had no insurance.
    The car ended up in the hands of John Hadjuk from a fraudulent sale by Brusini. The car went through several hands over the years until it ended up in the hands of Don Williams of Blackhawk Collection, who then sold it to the Chairman of Samsung, KUN-HEE LEE sometime in the early 1990’s. Interestingly, Don Williams kept the car for LEE in storage and sometimes at Blackhawk ( because of some tax issues in Korea ), however, Williams stored the car for LEE and listed the car incorrectly in the Blackhawk Museum as a "1962 Ferrari 330GTO", when Don Williams, as a “car expert” knew the true identity of the car as a “1963 330LMB”.
    Sources indicate that Don Williams was aware of the theft issue, but kept the car under wraps hoping the dust would settle after many years would pass. Well recently in May 2011, , the FBI and California Highway Patrol paid a visit to the Blackhawk Musuem and the car escaped justice and is on the lamb once again.
    There is an "APB" out on the "Red Hot" Ferrari and it is thought to be somewhere either in San Francisco area, or had been secreted and shipped to Chaiman Lee ( Samsung ) in S. Korea. With all that has happened to Chairman Lee since 2008, I don't think he would want to have any press on this issue, as LEE was criminally prosecuted by the Korean authorities and then 2010 pardoned and returned to his tenure at Samsung. His association in participating in the hiding of a ( very valuable and significant ) stolen car would be big news in Korea and world-wide.
    Right now anyone possessing this car would be in big trouble for participating in possession and transportation of stolen property, and there is a significant REWARD for the whereabouts and recovery of this Ferrari (FERRARI 330 LMB #4619 ). Any information should be provided to the FBI in San Francisco Phone: (415) 553-7400

9. ferrari10flrb

ferrari10flrb Karting

Mar 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dirk
    #6359 ferrari10flrb, Jun 15, 2011
    For a model car building project I would like to know the color of these 250 GT's,
    Targa Florio 1959 and 1960. I think they are grey. But maybe someone has good colour pictures

Also important is to know the colour of the background circkle where the startingnr of the 134 is placed on.

As far I know there no 1/43 models of these cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #6360 Boudewijn, Jun 15, 2011
  11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It's a transponder for tracking.

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This car was clearly displayed at different events. Why is this claim happening now?
    Why wasn't it pursued when the car was at Monterey many years ago?

13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Stupidity... or because the OP is a fraud...? Those are what come to mind.

14. ED59

ED59 Rookie

Oct 28, 2005
    Lille (nord)
    Full Name:
    Etienne DHONT
    #6364 ED59, Jun 16, 2011
    I'm refreshing the model I made for AMR by the past...

http://www.renaissance-models.com/images/WIP_proto/250GT/250GT_1956_02.jpg

15. ferrari10flrb

ferrari10flrb Karting

Mar 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dirk
  16. ferrari10flrb

ferrari10flrb Karting

Mar 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dirk
    #6366 ferrari10flrb, Jun 16, 2011
    Thanks Boudewijn!!

Now looking forward for some one who knows more about the background of the 134.

17. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I was curious and did a quick google search the other day...the name "Mark Daniels" came up. Search F-chat for "Mark Daniels" ...narrow the search by adding "0384"

18. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    What does 0384 have to do with this LMB?

This LMB was openly displayed in the US by well know owners for years. If the FBI was looking for it it wasn't hard to find.

Also where is a link to arrests op claims?

19. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Well...probably nothing, but like I said, I did a google search and came up with a reference to a Mark Daniels in the Atlanta, GA area. The story of 0384 involves (allegedly) a Mark Daniels from Atlanta, GA. Admittedly, I went to high school with a Mark Daniels and it's probably a common name, but...just something that made me go, "hmmm."

http://www.stolencarreports.com/Report/View/7401

Other than that, a few minutes on google didn't reveal much...other than supporting Jim's stance that the car has been very public since 1977. The CH# is all over the Internet, the correct model designation and production year are all over the Internet. Ownership doesn't seem to be a secret...and doesn't seem to have ever been...?

20. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I recall acting as middle-man when a well-known ex-racer/dealer in Orange County, Ca sold this car to Fong, then a highly regarded Ferrari mechanic (around Atlanta, as I recall). I was fortunate enough to have the car in my possession for a short while; it combined all the best features of a 250GTO and a Lusso---what a sweet car! I have no idea if the money for the car was Don's or that of a customer, but I recall that he ended up in jail for selling customers' cars and keeping the money. I wonder if he is still around?

21. Sire Bruno de Losckley

Aug 1, 2006

8-mai-60 Targa Florio - CM. Sport
    10em and 1er classe Edoardo Gabardi "Lualdi"/Giorgio Scarlatti 250 GT "TdF" 1357GT n°134

22. humberto rosario

humberto rosario Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    macau, china
    Full Name:
    humberto rosario
  23. humberto rosario

Oct 19, 2010
    macau, china
    Full Name:
    humberto rosario
    don't need to be so angry, life is beautiful and short, enjoy when you still alive, think positively,

24. humberto rosario

Oct 19, 2010
    macau, china
    Full Name:
    humberto rosario
    i know jim u r famous in united states and worldwide, i'm also famous but only in asia , so what? u r a rich guy i'm not , i just can afford a cheap ferrari 1/1 old 348 and some models i built by my hands,but we have share something in common that is the passion for ferraris.

25. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This has what to do with people coming on Fchat and accusing
    people of stealing cars without offering any proof what so ever?

OP claims LMB is stolen. That's a serious charge. Reminds
    me of an add that claimed Barney had a stolen car.