Is a dirty Ferrari ok? | FerrariChat

Is a dirty Ferrari ok?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dandpl, Aug 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dandpl

dandpl Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    Hi all

I live at the end of a long dusty/muddy track is it ok to drive around dirty?

Every two or three times I go out it needs a wash!

What do you all think?

dandpl

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    What do you have more fun doing, washing it or driving it?

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

#3 ferraripete, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    that would drive me crazy but that's just me.

my ferraris have never seen rain or even been washed during my ownership. silly i suppose.
    they stay fair weather only cars and are always garaged and covered. i suspect there may be others on the site that do similiarly.

pcb

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How frequent are those "two or three" times?

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #5 GrigioGuy, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm ok with it. There's some locals that give me grief, but it's all in good fun.

I've since moved but this was the road to the garage for a while.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I use mine for traveling on vacation, so while I’m out driving around the country for 2 weeks at a time, staying in cheap motels, it gets dirty!

Drive it! Enjoy It!

PS. I also take it to the local cars & coffee dirty if I've just come back from a trip, it drives all the other guys crazy! lol

7. dandpl

dandpl Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    Come on now its a Ferrari!

Thanks for posting

dandpl

8. dandpl

dandpl Karting

Jun 9, 2011

9. dandpl

dandpl Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    Most weeks so far

10. dandpl

dandpl Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    Just like mine ................still dirty or clean drives just the same!

Enjoy

11. dandpl

dandpl Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    You sound a bit like me!

Thanks for the post

12. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    That is why mine is grey....don't need to wash it all the time....
    BTW for those who think there car has never been in the rain...it rains a lot in Italy...are you sure your car was never in the rain...and what about at the dealer waiting for someone to come and buy her....

I have seen a number of Ferraris around the factory driving around in the rain....as well as a lot of cars outside various dealerships....all getting wet...

Oh and they didn't melt either....

JP....85K miles and a lot of it in the rain...and still running.

13. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    I have been known to do a quick wash of the windshield so i can see out to drive it
    Got caught in rain last week and blew fuse on wipers when tried to use the washers--another gremlin to chase

14. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sure. I hardly ever washed my 355. It was always filthy.

15. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #15 Rob'Z, Aug 8, 2011

I'm with you, never wet since I picked it up 7/31/10.

He said "during his ownership."

Rob

PS, did you see what I did there folks? I replied to multiple quoted posts in one post. No need for 8 posts in a row. Am I the only one that's bothered by that?

OK I'm done. ;)

16. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    I was going to attach picture but cant find my picture disk at the moment. I have a pic of DRTY430 from last years one lap race. that would be an appropriate plate for a dirty Fcar!

17. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I think this is the longest period of gone without a wash, around 4 weeks. Been a bit busy, plus it rains down here about every day now. I made the comment to my wife that this was the dirtiest the car has been since we've had it. We still drove it to our favorite restaurant.

18. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

A dirty Ferrari is totally unacceptable. If your not careful somebody will take a picture of it and post it in the "Abandoned Ferrari's" thread.

19. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #19 PV Dirk, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Totally acceptable. It's always nicer to have it shining. Sometimes I get a bit self conscious when it needs a wash. But, I make my cars work for a living. So I just do the best I can.

Rain streaks, bugs and brake rotor dust are a badge of honor. Then I clean up my act and feel much better about it.

21. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    I drive my 355 anywhere I please, including if its raining and will wash her when I have time. These cars are meant to be driven not mollycoddled. The owner's manual does not say do not drive in the rain or do not drive on certain road surfaces.

You purchased her to enjoy so get out and enjoy her.

22. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    #22 Bradley, Aug 8, 2011
    No! No! No! Totally unacceptable!

As Ferrari owners, we are representatives of the brand and protectors of the mystique. The general public mustn't know that these fine automobiles ever even get dirty like mere mortal automobiles.

If you're having more fun driving and - gasp! - enjoying your cars than you are protecting your museum piece, you are unworthy of the honor of having been chosen as a representative of the marque.

If you drive your car, something might wear out and possibly even have to be repaired or even replaced, marring the perfection that is meant to remain eternal for each and every car.

Worse, the car could lose some of its value!

Anybody who purchases a Ferrari and actually drives it commits the unthinkable. To dirty one is simply unforgivable.

(And if you haven't figured out that I'm shoveling the b.s. at you. . . My 308 has 104,000 miles on it! Seriously? Ferraris are most beautiful when they're in motion - especially with someone who really appreciates it behind the wheel. Ferraris are made to be driven. Do it and enjoy your beautiful car!)

23. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    You might really benefit from an FF with that kind of driving. :D

-G.B.

24. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    I love my dog. And he loves going just about everywhere I go. Once upon a time, when I would drive my Ferrari, it was a given that 'ol Ben just couldn't go with me. :( It left us both sad.

Then, one day, as I was pullin' outta the garage, 'ol Ben was once again just sittin' there with that sad look on his face. That's when I had an idea! I opened the door and hollered...."Hey Ben, come on buddy!" :)

He came runnin' so fast he jumped right over my lap and into the passenger's seat!

Now? I can enjoy my favorite car, with my favorite friend beside me!! And anytime I go....guess what? He can come too!!!! :)

Even if he does scratch things up from time to time LOL (And the shedding? It's EVERYWHERE!. (and he's a dirty little thing too!)

Maybe I'm just strange... but I think lol it even makes me like my car all that much more. :)

25. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    You have fun with your "best friend" and your Ferrari at the same time? Oh, the horror!

:) :) :) (I do that, too! Great post!)