SCUD pricing guide | Page 5 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    #101 MikeR397, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    Not sure what is wrong with your europipe because my 996tt sounds great with a catless europipe loud. Do you have the quiet? Very raspy growl and lots of clear turbo spool. I do much prefer the sound of a ferrari, but i would not go so far as to say a porsche with a europipe sounds like crap.

a couple revs with crappy camera audio: http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&rdm=4nsh2vnwa#/watch?v=AzXbBRxca-A

2. Scott3T

Scott3T Rookie

May 25, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott Taylor
    LOL!

Maybe "ChipG" and "Mattyrae" could each spring for $7.50 and share a membership!

3. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Why? I am an FCA member, a USTA member, a country club member, a racquet club member, do I need more? I help everyone I can, that's good enough IMO.

4. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Who cares what they think, when we are so many car lengths ahead, they can't hear what they can't see, lol.

Back on track, yes Scuderia prices are dropping, how much, who knows. 1/2 off retail would be a great deal. They are getting there, almost.

5. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Scuds can't even beat a 997.1 GT3 RS with a 3.9 conversion. You think a Scud would beat an EVO 600, or EVO 550 996 GT2? Watch Battle of the Supercars if you don't believe me.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I would still rather have a scud or even a 430.

7. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Bigger turbo'd 996 makes no difference the gt3 is a better engine and better geared car. This the reason it's fast. Adding the 100 plus hp to the 6 gt2 makes it more of a burden than a help. Until Porsche changes the rpm's in there turbo'd Cars they won't be good.

It's all about getting the power down and with most tracks you will suffer with a 550hp turbo with exception to a few tracks like RAtlanta.

Scud not much different they lack the traction to get the power down smooth coming off apex. This hampers them. The gt3 is superior in design allowing smooth transitions while constantly staying on the power band. This the very reason my gt3rs is only a second or two slower than the 100 hp more scud on several tracks.

scud will still out do the RS but remember they are double msrp and 25% more horsepower they sure the heck better.

So while your point was to diminish the scud and it's performance you are incorrect. What it lacks only in power transfer it makes up for it in brute torque sex appeal and overall hammer down fun. The thundering top speeds in the straights with a chassis that allows control and ease of speed makes scuds the best bang for the buck right now.

They will only drop with all the others now.

8. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LOL

Are you serious? "Watch battle of the Supercars"?

You think people buy these cars to see which is fastest? Who cares? Do you have a racetrack in your backyard?

9. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    I would say many people do, not all though.

10. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    #110 Zinger, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Ferraris (especially modern examples) are in a different league than Porsches, Period.

11. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I couldn't disagree more with you. I own 3 of the Modern examples you speak of.

No way a different league.

Ferrari Chat bias makes me laugh.

Are they great cars? Yes.
    Porsche GT3RS is possible the greatest track car ever made that you can daily drive, change the oil and add gas. Half the price of a 458 and more fun.

Carrera GT? Ferrari hasn't made a car that feels this good. Period. Nothing remotely close.

This all excluding the Track Specific GT3RSR and 430 or 458 Challenge cars because you can't drive them to the grocery store.

The Ferrari Badge gentlemen doesn't give you a pass to the hall of fame as many feel. They are great cars and great fun but discounting Porsche because you have a Ferrari makes absolutely no sense at all.

12. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Very popular show with the 18 and under crowd living with their parents.

13. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    And the opposite, of course, is equally true. Go over to Rennlist and you will observe many Porsche owners talking trash while talking F cars down. Also applies to Corvette Owners.

It seems to be the nature of the beast. The us v. them mentality, in other words. I own, enjoy and respect both marques. More fun! :)

By the way, WTF does "hall of fame" pass mean? LOL!

14. koukir32

koukir32 Karting

Dec 23, 2010
    LOL I agree, it's like saying buy the ZR-1...it's the fastest now..... but it's still no Ferrari....

15. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Your location cracks me up! :)

16. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    You are so funny!

17. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    Did I miss something; since when was this thread renamed from "SCUD prices Collapsing?" to "Porsche Vs Ferrari"

Stop it with the "my car can beat up your car" non-sense. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, even Chevrolet all make very nice vehicles, each with its own marketing objective. If the product suites you, then buy and drive it.

18. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Both marques are fantastic otherwise there wouldn't be forums to talk about them.

Hall of Fame pass :)
    The "I am better than you" syndrome so very many harbor. Makes me sick.

I just hate defending Porsche on this board constantly and I never defend Ferrari on Rennlist. They barely speak of the cars there. Rennlist is a true Porsche forum without a doubt but they are all things Porsche. Most could care less that Ferrari's even exist.

Of course all Forums have the true haters of anything other than "X" it just seems to be more biased to Ferrari here than other marque brands on their respected forums.

Rennlist is a fantastic base for Porsche information as the technical side of this forum is for Ferrari. Both good in their own way.

19. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for taking it good naturedly. :)

If you are ever in the hinterlands of Wisconsin, look me up and we'll drive cars!

20. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    #120 Mattyrae, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    As long as we can stop off and have some of that world famous cheddar cheese soup! One of my favorites. Maybe I will bring my "ugly pig." :)

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Disagree with you re: CGT. I wasn't impressed. Clutch and mini flywheel were silly for real roads and hill starts wern't much fun. Felt too smoooth for me at speed.

They make great cars but IMO the CGT wasn't one of them.

Look forward to the 918.

22. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Interesting you feel this way. My CGT is the only car I've ever driven that did exactly what you ask of it. This the very reason so many get in trouble with it. Too many people in this new world of cars think they can hammer the throttle in anything produced. Hammering the throttle in a CGT puts it into a place only a couple of drivers in the world can recover.

I do agree with you on the clutch. Why it's so light when they could have made it more bulletproof to me makes no sense.

The engineering had something to do with how low they had to put the clutch and that a smaller lighter flywheel was the only thing that fits.

It is the one car that I don't like leaving my Seattle condo in. Good thing it's not their much :)

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It's a lot faster than it feels IMO. I thought I was cruising at 80 and when I looked I saw I was going about 120.

It's clutch/flywheel on hills was the deal breaker for me.

24. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
  25. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Incorrect. The car on the TV show was a modified F430 not a Scuderia. The Scuderia is 234 lbs lighter, it has a much stiffer suspension and sway bars, wider and grippier tires, wider wheels, quicker transmission, and better brakes.

Check for the comparison done in New York (Monticello) with a Scuderia and a 997 GT2, the 997 GT2 is faster than all the different flavors of GT3

I have plenty of telemetry data from both my 997.1 GT3 RS and Scuderia at the same tracks, GT3 RS is a lot slower, not just slower .