SE 30 thread | Page 35 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAB

SAB Formula Junior

May 12, 2010
    South Wales, UK
    Hi J

Are the UK and European SE30s the same apart from the obvious driving position? One difference I've always been puzzled about was the body colour petrol filler cover as compared to the round metal cover on UK cars (at least), maybe other countries as well.

Sab

2. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Yes, I believe the RHD cars are the same as the standard European version. Only USA and Canadian cars have the body coloured fuel cap.

3. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Whats the story about SE30 #91?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSh75UmZ0k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjQ0qkXzBc[/ame]

4. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf
  5. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    "the guy" is the German Lambo collector Bob Forstner he should know what he is talking about, but i wanted to make this post here because there is very litle info about this car on the web and books.

6. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf
    cool....I bet his Jota is the only one in the world set up like it is.

7. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I saw that in the showroom and was confused by the 99 headlights, the video does not explain if they were retro fitted or there from the start. It would be interesting to know the whole story, plexiglass windows also??

8. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf

I am wondering about the headlights too, but there is no way they were fitted like that from the start, because SE30s were built from 1993 to 1995, and those headlights weren't adopted by Lamborghini until 1997 for later use, so they must be retrofitted. Question is if they were retrofitted by the factory at a later date (maybe when the Jota kit was installed?) or retrofitted by another. ??

9. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    USA 009/150, originally with black leather interior
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmi7wssVuHc[/ame]

10. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
  11. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #861 Martin D, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been in the museum earlier this year. quite a nice collection :) as far as I know they changed the location of the museum and I hope to go there next year again.

here are some pics of the SE30

Martin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    JOTA! :)

13. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Hi guys, that is my TV show. I have been meaning to let you all know that I have featured that car. I have several other Lambo's I have reviewed on the show including a Jalpa,
    5000S, Anniversario and Murcie Roadster among other incredible Supercars.

Enthusiasttv is the channel on Youtube. I hope you enjoy... be nice, I did my best!

Jeff

14. SAB

SAB Formula Junior

May 12, 2010
    South Wales, UK
    Watched the SE30 video a few weeks ago, nice work but should have been longer! You were lucky to find an owner willing to share the car.

15. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    I would have loved to have a longer format which is forthcoming but I have to fit the show into the scheduling cycle.

16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Jeff: you present & articulate Lamborghini enthusiasm very well!!

17. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Appreciate it Joe, thanks! On the channel are a few other Lambos as well as the Anniversario we have discussed.
    Kind regards,
    Jeff

18. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
  19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Probably way more then it should, as with most cars that cross the block at PRIME time Fri/Sat nites.

Plus, I wonder how many willl understand it is a Canada Vin car, so will have to be careful where to title/register it for Smog/Emissions. It also will need at the very least, new tires, date coded, full service..and who knows what else after not driving for 10 plus years.

Then add the 10% buyers fee onto the final selling price as well..

I will say it goes for $175K plus, or be bought back by the sellers "hidden" represenatives in the Bidder area.

20. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
  21. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #871 Martin D, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    so the (main) difference between SE30 and SE30 Jota are the air inlets on the roof? how many of both variants were built and why are there two modells to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Lamborghini? (I've only read the last two pages of this thread, so sorry if that has already been asked in here)

here are some pics that I took in 2006 at the Hockenheimring where two SE30s were present.

Martin

22. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
  23. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf

No, the only model made to celebrate the 30th anniversary was the SE30. 150 plus 1 prototype were built. The SE30 Jota came to be shortly after the SE30 was announced, and the Jota starts life as a stock SE30, so a Jota is a modified SE30. Therefore the total number of SE30 models stayed the same, just some of them became Jotas. I think Roy know the exact number best, but I believe about 17 SE30s became SE30 Jotas. The mods were more than the ram air. There was also a unique intake system with double intake runners (switchable by the ECUs), different throttle bodies (4 instead of 2), different cams, and different ECUs. I also believe there are different degrees of Jota, defined as: on one extreme, an SE30 with just the ram air, and the other extreme with all the mods. This is because the factory assembled some Jotas, but kits were offered allowing owners to modify their own SE30s to varying degrees of Jotaness. Roy has a complete kit (very rare) and I would defer to him for more details. Power ranged from 525 hp for a stock SE30 (some literature says 535 hp) all the way up to around 600 hp for the full Jota kit modified SE30. I hope that helps explains the differences.

24. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
  25. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    According to Lamborghini data, 157 SE and 28 Jota kits were made