Ferrari's in Thailand??? | Page 47 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Thailand???

Discussion in 'Asia' started by alx355gt, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry to see all the flooding. I will be there in a few weeks for a friends wedding. Whats the outlook for the first week of November?

2. biggss

biggss Rookie

Jul 11, 2006
    Bangkok
    Full Name:
    S.T. Biggs
    You should be safe and dry if stay in the central area of Bangkok. My personal prediction is the water from canal and river will rise up and flood the road nearby but that should not be to the extreme. At this point no one knows what will happen since this is the worst in half the century.

3. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the reply! Hope the rain lets up and things start to dry out!

steve

4. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Oh well, won't be in BKK on the 3rd as planned. Friends wedding is moved to HK. I will be back later in November and hope to hook up with some of you.

Head to Pattaya on the 25th and 26th. My team will be competing in the Fireworks competition there!

Steve

5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    To all of you in Bangkok: I am reading the reports on Bangkok Post of the flooding situation. Sure sounds like the folks in charge are having a problem telling the truth about the situation.

Stay dry!

Jeff

6. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Seeming like what they said. Luckily, most of the city is still dry. Btw, all Ferraris are already hid away on high rise building. Ready to rumble again when the situation is clear. Hopefully, those water mass won't stay long before finding its way into Thai ocean. So far so good (touching wood) ;)

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    CNN is now saying Suvarnabhumi may close as water is too high to get people safely to and from it. Not to mention service the jets.

8. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Hopefully not since the arm force services already prepare up to 4-metre high bunker covering all around the area. Lets pray!

9. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    BTW, the pictures of those planes on wet runway as seen on CNN is actually shot at Donmuang domestic airport, not Suvarnnabhumi. The international airport is located on another side of city. The water is not reaching that area yet.

10. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have been watching the situation closely. Was supposed to go to Thailand 2x this month. Both trips cancelled. Just found out today our fireworks competition has been postponed until December. Friends wedding next week moved to another locale. Hope the situation from the North can be dealt with as to have the least impact as possible on BKK. My thoughts are with everyone in BKK.

11. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Cheers mate :)

12. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Lucky me. I bumped w/ this hot wheels by accident when I went for shopping w/ my family at factory outlet in Oxford, UK. The car looked awesome. The owner was also nice, we had a few chatting. I asked him,"Why not 458?". He replied proudly that "Because this car is quicker. Much quicker!".

This macca orange color is growing on me. The best color combo imho ;)

Check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.306763822672616.98343.100000170029743&type=1

Enjoy guys,

13. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Sawadika. How are you guys doing in Bangkok?

Our Porsche Club Malaysia is supposed to do a DOTY next month to Laos thru Thailand but it's now cancelled due to the flood.

Are your cars hauled up & dry?

14. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Thx for your concern mate. We are safe from flooding, as well as our ponies. They all have been kept in the sealed building. Ready to get bk to life again after the roads are clear and cleaned.

Btw, they are only some part of the city where get impacted from flood. Mostly on the northern n western part of Bkk, the rest are pretty ok, including our international airport.

Sorry to hear your main event was cancelled due to our difficulties. Ours was called off as well :(

Hopefully, we will have our nice city back to normal asap ;)

15. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Great to hear that, esp the ponies, you guys can swim right? :D

Two of my friends are not so lucky, their factory have to close till further notice so they went on holiday!

16. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #1166 ferrariKP, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    Eventhough, there is no damage to our Ferraris, somehow, one downside of this flooding crisis is obviously we just lack of chance to drive them as before since they have been packed and sealed in high-rise buildings.

Its simply mother nature's angry act, so water has come and will GO. We gotta hang in there.

Thats it...Hopefully :)

17. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    So what is the real situation now? I read on Bangkok Post where the PM is saying the worst has now passed and it should be getting better quickly. Then the head of some Science and something agency is saying is could still get worse.

Has Don Muang airport and the highway to it started to drain yet?

I usually stay at the Sofitel at Central Plaza in Lat Phroa - did they get flooded or just some of the area near there?

Is Tuesday the end of the holiday? Have some business that need approvals that has been on hold for the end of the holiday.

Jeff

18. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Got information that there is flooding at Central Plaza/Sofitel now as well as some at the Thai Airways headquarters.

Jeff

19. myPalhave1

myPalhave1 Rookie

Jul 4, 2004
    #1169 myPalhave1, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    yes that area is flooded.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Really sick and bored to get stuck in this kinda situation, even it is still dry in my area. Since I left my toys in a sealed building before flying abroad month ago. Now, I get back to work but without a pony to enjoy. I believe you guys know how sad it feels like :(

However, my problem is far too little compare to those who suffering directly from flooding. They lost their asset and comfy in life. Some even get trouble and hard time to go back and forth between their residences and offices. Thai government and city administrator are doing their jobs to solve this crisis. We, all civilians, are also do contribute by helping and donating to others as well.

Hope thing would get back to normal very soon. God bless Thailand!

21. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I wish a quick resolution to the flooding and all the reconstruction necessary so everyone can return to normal.

Jeff

22. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Cheers mate. Our wishes too :) Our government now has consulted with Netherland (Dutch) and South Korea which both have similar experience and knowledge about flood and dam. Hope we could come up with some measurements to solve this problem now and protect our city in the future too.

23. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    So what is the latest situation in Bangkok? It seems to be saying 2 opposite things at once in what I am reading: 1) Water receeding and getting all better quickly. 2) Not better yet but they can see that the water will start receeding soon. Then there are the people tearing down the sand bags which may make it worse for areas that have managed to stay dry.

Hope that none of you personally have been damaged.

Jeff

24. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    The recovery rate is good. Hope we could get back our normal life in city of angel soon. ;)

25. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny