VERDI FERRARI | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS WITH VERDI FERRARI BASED IN SOUTHALL, SOUTH EAST LONDON.

THERE ARE WINDING UP ORDERS IN THE HIGH COURT LONDON AGAINST VERDI FOR FERRARIS VERDI HAS SOLD ON BEHALF OF PRIVATE CUSTOMERS AND HAS FAILED TO PASS ON PAYMENT TO THESE CUSTOMERS.

A RECENT WINDING UP PETITION IN THE HIGH COURT AGAINST VERDI HAS BEEN DEFERRED UNTIL 19 DECEMBER WHEN IT IS EXPECTED THE COMPANY VERDI FERRARI (AFTER SALES) LTD WILL BE WOUND UP.

PLEASE POST ANY INFORMATION AND THIS CAN BE PASSED ON TO SOLICITORS ACTING FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    Might I suggest you turn on PM = personal messages as it would facilitate contact for people who would rather not discuss in a public forum as you have requested

There have been similar threads in UK forums recently to which you may wish to add your comments

3. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Just for clarity, Southall is in West London, very close to Heathrow, and the petition is with respect to a sold Lamborghini

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Fortunately I know Verdi and took the trouble to visit last Saturday to find out what was going on from their side as again we have an anonymous first-time poster stating "facts". These anonymous Internet postings all seem to be part of a dispute by a single individual over a Lamborghini that Verdi sold and really ought be dealt with in more approprate manner than this.

Jonathan

5. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    if you send me your phone number I will call you.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Thread closed until further notice.

7. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    There have been numerous replies to requests for information about Verdi.

Comments have been made about customers who maintain they gave cars to Verdi to sell and although these cars have been sold by Verdi, customers have not paid by Verdi.

There have been expressions of doubt about this by members of the Ferrari forum so please read on for proof.

The following has come to light and this information can be verified by enquiring of the courts listed below.

There are Judgements against Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd. in the Central London County Court Claim, number 1UD68206 dated 7th November 2011 and also against "Kuldip Singh Verdi" also known as "Kuldup Singh Verdi" also know as "Karl Verdi".

A combined Certificate of Judgement and request for Writ of Fieri Fascia or Writ of Possession was issued by the Central London County Court on 9th November 2011 against Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd. in the Central London County Court Claim, number 1UD68206 and also against "Kuldip Singh Verdi" also known as "Kuldup Singh Verdi" also know as "Karl Verdi".

There is also a Judgement issued in the High Court of Justice Queen's Bench Division dated 9th November 2011 against Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd, Claim number 1UD68206 and also against "Kuldip Singh Verdi" also known as "Kuldup Singh Verdi" also know as "Karl Verdi".

There is also a Petition to Wind Up Verdi Ferrari (after Sales) Ltd Issue number 59938 dated 13th October 2011 which was heard in the High Court of Justices Chancery Division on Monday 14th November 2011. The judge defferred issuing the Petition to wind up the company until 19th December 2011.

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    After discussing this in the moderator's forum, I'm reopening the thread as a "buyer beware" resource for FerrariChat, and all moderated (i.e. hidden) posts have been restored. My apologies for the short delay, but we wanted to be sure that the public presence of this thread would not compromise any ongoing legal proceedings.

Please keep any commentary to verifiable facts and avoid conjecture so that we can keep the thread open indefinitely. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    VERDI FERRARI (AFTER SALES) LTD.
    KARL VERDI also known as KULDIP SINGH VERDI, also known as KULDIP SINGH BIRDI

I have been asked to provide more details about "Verdi" and because of the serious nature of the way Karl Verdi (not his real name incidentally) conducts his business, here is some more information:-

On 10th May 2011 Judgement was entered into at the Mayors and City of London County Court, Claim number 1UC57302 in the sum of £26,097.00 against Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd.

On 13th October 2011 a Petition was issued in the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division) London to wind up Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd. Petition number 1456738 and was heard on 14th November 2011, no director or authorised company representative appeared in court and the Judge deferred formal winding up of the company until the next hearing date on 19th December 2011.

On 7th November 2011 Judgement was granted in the Central London County Court, Claim number 1UD68206 in the sum of £20,033.09 against Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd.

On 7th November 2011 Judgement was granted in the Central London County Court Claim number 1UD68206 in the sum of £20,033.09 against Karl Verdi also known as Kuldip Singh Verdi, also known as Kuldip Singh Birdi personally.

On 9th November 2011 a Certificate of Judgement and Writ of Fieri Fascias/Writ of Possession for the unpaid sum of £20,033.09 was issued by the Central London County Court and issued to the High Court of Justice Queen's Bench Division against Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd. and Karl Verdi, Kuldip Singh Verdi and Kuldip Singh Birdi.

On 9th November High Court bailiffs accompanied by the police visited Verdi's garage to seize possessions and serve restraining notices on materials and equipment.

The sum of £20,033.09 referred to above is for non payment by Verdi consequent to the sale of a customer's vehicle by Verdi.

Bankruptcy proceedings have now been served on Karl Verdi/Kuldip Singh Verdi/Kuldip Singh Birdi.

This is a warning to anyone dealing with Verdi. The Ferrari Owner's Club is fully aware of the situation and knows the names of some of the people who have been crossed by Verdi.

10. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    interesting...

11. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Writing this gives me no pleasure and indeed I find it very sad.
    I've known Karl Verdi for nearly 20 years, having taken my 308 GTB qv to him back in 1993 and used him to look after that and a few of my subsequent Ferraris and considered him a mate.

However I left him my 456GT for a service in March 2009 and asked him to prep it for sale. He serviced it and then told me might have a buyer willing to pay me my asking price.
    I said great and he went on to sell the car.
    He knew I was in urgent need of the funds as I had already bought my replacement car and needed to pay off some short term financing I'd taken to cover the purchase.

However after 2 months of him having received payment from the buyer and constant chasing by me for the funds, none were forthcoming despite constant promises that payment had been sent by bank transfer etc.
    I started to get irate and he finally agreed to meet me to give me a company cheque which he signed in front of me.

I paid it in, waited for it to "clear" then used it to pay off the credit card I'd used as short term finance. To my horror it then bounced "due to signature not matching" causing me no end of grief, bounced payments, overdraft exceeded etc.

In fury I phoned Karl and demanded my money which he then constantly promised and failed to deliver. I gave him a final warning and when he still failed to pay, I reluctantly appointed solicitors to begin procedures.
    He ignored their letters and the proposal to take out a CCJ against him. Only when the CCJ was issued did his son, Kabir (who I've always found to be a very decent guy) organised a payment to me, but it did not cover the legal and court costs which they were liable for.

Here's where it gets dark. I then get an incredibly abusive phone call from Karl accusing me of damaging his credit and business. I calmly told him that if he paid the outstanding amount within a month, he could apply to have the CCJ revoked and his credit record would be clean again.
    He calmed down and said he would (it was only £1500).

Of course he didn't and the CCJ went through and bailiffs were sent in to recover the money, first from his business premises, where employees told them the property was owned by the company, not by him personally (he wasn't there).
    Then the bailiffs went to his registered family home as the CCJ was against him personally, but they were told he no longer lived there.

This is the really shocking bit. I then received a ranting, threatening call from Karl where he screamed abuse at me and said I had better be in the next morning as he was going to come round and " f***ing sort me out". (And no, I don't think he meant pay me the outstanding legal costs!)

As I have a young family, I thought it best to report the call to the police. He didn't turn up, but the police did and took a statement and recorded the details of the call.

To date, I still have not received the court and legal costs back and I couldn't afford to continue to pay for recovery of such a relatively small amount.

I simply couldn't believe someone I had known for that long could betray me and threaten me and over such a relatively small amount of money (the 456 sold for £28k).
    Clearly I was not the only one.

12. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    that's horrible, I feel for you.

it's fairly annoying that threads on Pistonheads and on other forums are constantly removed due to online claims being unsubstantiated or explicit 'no name and shame policies' when all you 're effectively trying to do is warn other people to tread carefully as to not get stung.

13. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    Dont forget however honest pistonheads might want to be in protecting future customers,trade people such as these will have an account with them and thats how they make their money.
    At least they are a high profile company in the high end sportscar industry in the UK,and its a small country,people talk!!

14. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    someone should start a new thread, Pistonheads has closed my email and account!!

15. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Please don't. The existing thread on this topic should be sufficient for discussing all aspects of it.

All the best,
    Andrew.

16. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I'm fairly sure he means on Pistonheads

17. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Ah, I see - my mistake. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

18. jokr

jokr Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    My story is nearly identical, except that I have not got a penny out of him so we are down almost £50k. It is a shame that this story didn't surface earlier as I would not have left my car with him, despite knowing him for so long.

19. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    WHO ARE YOU?

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE CLUBBED TOGETHER AND MAKING GOOD PROGRESS, PLEASE SEND YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.

20. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    sorry to hear of all your troubles, have never had any problems with verdi, but that was a while agonand only for service, not sor

21. TDI-PLC

TDI-PLC Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2007
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Catchpole
    I am really sorry to hear about this. There's always a degree of trust necessary in business, especially when a client is entrusting his pride and joy with a service provider.

22. baggie115

baggie115 Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    London
    #22 baggie115, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    I am in the same boat - please contact me and I will reply.

Thanks.

23. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Never used this company, simply due to the overtop and down right annoying love in for them by numerous (ex) members of this forum. It just all seemed a little bit fishy to me. Always terrible news when you hear about people having issues like this, hopefully the right result will be had.

24. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    I had an unexpected call from Karl a few days ago. Although I was reluctant to talk, he unreservedly apologised to me and said he would pay my outstanding court costs and fees.
    To my pleasant surprise, the funds did arrive in my account a couple of days later and I now consider the matter closed.

25. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thats good.