VERDI FERRARI | Page 5 | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    and I'm sure you will be sticking around FerrariChat for something other than Verdi.

2. Alan R Price

Alan R Price Rookie

Dec 21, 2011
    Northamptonshire
    Full Name:
    Alan R Price
    I am an insolvency practitioner and have been advising a substantial creditor of this company for the past few weeks. I understand that a number of individuals may have claims against the company and I would be more than happy to talk to any of them informally, free of charge, about their claims. I can be contacted through my company's website, details of which appear in my profile.

In brief, a winding up order has been made against the company and it is now in liquidation. The official receiver, who is a government official, has been automatically appointed to investigate its affairs. His role includes seeking the appointment of an "outside" liquidator to deal with the company's assets and liabilities. A liquidator also has the power to sue directors of a company on behalf of creditors if they have been guilty of misconduct. The liquidator must be an insolvency practitioner.

As a result of the winding up order, no creditor now has any right to pursue the company for his debt - he must file a claim with the OR or any subsequently appointed liquidator.

The OR has 12 weeks from the date of the winding up order to call a creditors' meeting to appoint a liquidator or he can ask the Secretary of State to appoint one. Meanwhile I suggest that any creditor writes to notify the OR of his claim as soon as possible at: The Official Receiver's Office, 21 Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3SS, quoting reference High Court 8132 of 2011.

3. shado

shado Guest

May 5, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Shado Ra
    I have noticed Club Scud has shut down its thread on this matter, for the night they say.....last night.
    Well its 4.20 pm the next day and its still locked, i think some one is hoping this matter goes away ;)
    Top marks to FC for letting this thread run.

4. 365GT

365GT Rookie

Dec 21, 2011
    All,

I have just been directed to this chat by the Baillliffs who were trying to settle the County Court Judgement I have outstanding against Verdi.

I am owed c.£26k so not dissimilar to many of you, and am very keen to extract what I can from the winding up process alongside all the other creditors, although I am not hopeful.

In addition, I understand that Kabir Verdi, Karl's son, has set up another company, apparently trading in the same business under the name Verdi Ferrari UK Ltd.

In the event that I/we remain out of pocket, as seems likely, please let me know if you would like to join forces to do what we can both to seek recompense in as much as we can, and furthermore, to ensure that no other customers are similarly treated by the Verdi family in future.

I am willing to pursure whatever legal angles are possible to ensure that justice is done, and would very much appreciate the support of others who have been similarly ill-treated.

Please PM me or reply to this forum if you would be willing to co-operate further.

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    disgusting carry on over there they got it wrong again (mods/comms) but rather than admit this and help the people who are owed money they lock the thread so it goes away and ban anybody that trys to open another thread

6. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    Shame the liquidators can't shut the website down as it portrays everything is still going along nicely, which it clearly isn't.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Is there more legal exposure if warnings were covered up and others went on to lose money?

8. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    You have to create a manifesto, lobby for several years and then take it to the high court and then the European court to see if you can have a sandwich over there so don't hold your breath.

9. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Yes, I noticed. What a bunch of women they are talking about procedures and potential law suits when verdi was their main fekking sponsor. They are in denial about how Karl said that it was just one or 2 nutcases whining when it clearly was not the case. They just thought it could not be true and are now trying to make themselves feel better by saying it was better to wait and see. They know they fekked up but are in denial to admit it.

They backed the wrong horse, were a bunch of wimps, chose money over their members interests and now I see our new poster here has now taken the amount owed over quarter of a million pounds. Well done Verdis. Let's see what else is going to come out of the woodwork.

10. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nah, we prefer a good curry :D

11. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    #111 sammysaber, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    "That sucks [redacted] IMO"...."Do not be a bunch of *******."

Your own words when you should have been grateful that CS bent over backwards to publicise your plight. The thread was closed because you had a couple of drinks too many.

Looks like you're on the bottle again tonight. For the sake of the other people who have lost money, please shut it..otherwise people will believe that Verdi only screwed over pratts.

12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Again, please keep disputes arising from actions or events on another board off this board. Thanks.

13. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    why the personal attack?

14. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max

I personally know of 2 people who tried to warn others and they got banned or deleted. Verdi was their main sponsor and they really do not like facing up to facts. Ok I was pretty blunt about CS, but this guy's reaction is out of order IMO.

15. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    My post got deleted - all I said was that as per the Mods' position I would tow the line.

16. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman

Who is your enemy Max?

17. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    This is the post mortem Francis, establishing the means of death. I think you could have handled it differently, nothing will change my thoughts on that. The same goes for Pistonheads. That said I appreciate UK Laws make it difficult for you to do so. As a first time poster last night I saw you guys have an awful lot of internal politics.

As I said to you this is done now. We live and learn, your procedures will no doubt improve if this were to happen again.

Lets leave it at that.

18. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Fine - let's do that.

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i find it amazing that you francis is on here & fgear discussing this but wont allow it on your own forum why is that may i ask and did you handle it wrong ?

20. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Ha ha, with the mention of currys and SteveF being around it's getting nostalgic.

"We volunteer our time and do a thankless task for nothing (except occasionally we all meet up secretly and use forum money to treat ourselves to a big curry), other than that its a thankless task we do for nothing after campaigning to get the role for several years"

21. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
  22. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    This matter has now reached a very interesting stage, there are at least 8 creditors collectively owed well over £250,000.00 who are now all in contact with one another, a new creditor made contact today, the Official Receiver and Liquidator appointed by the creditors are in touch as well and there have been 2 very interesting developments today involving Karl Verdi which will be explained in full on Ferrarichat, Club Scuderia and Pistonheads over the Christmas week-end.

23. shado

shado Guest

May 5, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Shado Ra
    If these two developments have already happend today, then why the 2-3 days wait? Why the drip feed?
    This is some thing i would expect Club Scud to do :D
    Its like the thread is being given extra life by giving us "duff duff" moments (Eastenders:D)

24. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    #124 Ferrari_Michael, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    I hope it is good news for you guys. This is a very sad situation, and I for one don't care that 'a respected specalist' is hopefully gone forever. There are better technicians out there, ones with foar greater knowledge than Verdi, without this malicious, vindictive side.

Good luck!

Mike James

25. ted 191

ted 191 Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    yorkshire
    Full Name:
    chris heeley
    Don't question the committee, you'll get banned !