Phoenix track days 2012. | FerrariChat

Phoenix track days 2012.

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Kyoso_Joey, Dec 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    There are a lot of track days coming up starting next month. NASA will be holding sessions at Firebird Main on the 14th and 15th. Pro Auto Sports will be having sessions from the 20th to the 22nd on Firebird East. Arizona Motorsports Park will be doing a sound testing day on the 7th. Octane Raceway will be starting their winter league sessions every Tuesday next month.

Does anyone plan on doing any of these?

I plan on doing the NASA event that Saturday, karting at Octane at least once next month, and plan on doing Firebird East on the 22nd. Hopefuly some of you go out and enjoy some track time. Stop by and say hi if you're out. Just look for the slow Z.

-Joey

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I may try to make some of those...we have to see how it fits on calendar. I also want to get a dedicated track car rather than take the CS out there much more...so we'll see.

I also checked with AMS and they rent the entire track for a day for only $2000. At some point we will have to get a small group together and rent that out! (although as I type that I realize how hard it will be to corner the cats and find a date that works for all).

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I'll try to come out to some of them, I'll be on the sidelines watching and taking some pics.

I need to get on the track one day! :eek:

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Is that $2K/day accurate? If it is, I bet we can muster 10-15 for a private day. I think that you and I will need alternate cars, as the CS may not pass their sound limit, at least mine won't for sure! :). Can't we classify our as 'music', not noise?

5. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I used to instruct with the BMW CCA and NASA and $2k a day seems optimistically low. It would be awesome if that were the price, but my guess is that the cost is higher. There will most likely be additional requirements for insurance and the necessary safety precautions. I would think that they would require 1 ambulance on site during the day as that is what was required with NASA and the CCA.

Regardless, once you get some details post them up. I haven't been on the track in a while and would love to get back out there. AMP is an unbelievable track to run on.

6. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    :cool::cool:

You can borrow the Accord! :p

7. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Quote from the email I got from AMP:

"We can be open 7 days a week. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.(no racing activity til 9 a.m.). Cost is $2,000/ day w/ up to 20 participants."

Yes, insurance (required) and safety team (optional) are in addition. Still very reasonable...

[94 decibals at 50ft is gonna be the toughest part!]

8. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    That's an awesome deal for AMP. Count me in if this ever happens. I'm going to do the sound test on the 7th to see if I am even eligible to race there in the future. My exhaust is stock but my intakes are louder than hell.

If you get a chance run on Firebird main. That track doesn't have rocks and other debris on it like other tracks in this area so it won't be too hard on the CS. I don't blame you for wanting a different track car though.

9. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Damn, that's a great deal! I'll be down if you need some more people to fill up, I'll get lapped like no other, but that sounds like fun! I'll have to put some silencers on the car! :p

10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I think mine is at 94db when its parked and turned off! I've had the SL55 out there before, and its fun.

Let's start to get a list together. I'm sure we will have a few guys that have instructed before that can help the rookies. Dave, since you have the relationship, find out their open dates over the next few months.

Interest in tracking....

Ingenere
    Arizona Italian

11. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Count me in Dino.

I will be doing the sound testing in the PM session on the 7th to see if I'm eligible to race there in the future.

12. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    thats a great price! I have a couple problems. 1. my helmet is still back in Ohio. 2. my old car and R/T are still in Ohio. on a good note my friend here has a Z06 that would work...unless I can take the FJ out and run it through the gears its a 6spd LOL

13. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    I was unable to get a spot for the pm session but did get one of the last AM spots. Is anyone else going?

14. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I am interested, but it will depend on what the open dates are and my travel schedule.

Also, I haven't done the sound test, yet, but I am pretty sure that I won't have a problem ('11 BMW M3).

Interest in tracking....

1. Ingenere
    2. Arizona Italian
    3. GNALUZU

15. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Looks like they are all booked up. Does anyone know when the next sound check date is going to be?

16. rydermike

rydermike Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2010
    Spring Hill,FL
    Full Name:
    Mike Donohue
    Want a fairly reasonable "track car" , yes it's full on race , with pretty much Corvette motors & Jerico transmissions but many out there for 12-25K , bodies are cheap if you go off and motors have a very long life , considering what you are doing . Here's some examples:

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/2337237/SUPER-LATE-MODEL-GTA-GTR-STOCK-CAR.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/2168360/GTA-Late-Model-.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/2371126/Montecarlo-Late-Model.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/1949148/2001-Pontiac-gta-spo-gt1-v8-stock-car.html

The last one I picked up for $13,000 , hopefully will have time to get it on track in a month or so. MANY of these cars out there , I've even seen some set up with 2 seats on ebay , one being in Justin,TX , very nice car.

17. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    Count me in. I did the sound test with an '09 M3 (stock exhaust), so you won't have a problem.

1. Ingenere
    2. Arizona Italian
    3. GNALUZU
    4. garak

18. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Hey do you know Pete Creek from NASA? He was my DE instructor. I had him drive my car at Firebird main and Indie and he scared the hell out of me lol. He is a badass. Maybe we can get him to join us if we do end up going to AMP...

19. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm interested. I'm pretty sure my F355 is too loud though..........

Rob

20. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    So the list keeps growing... :)

Maybe we can look into maybe renting out a track at Firebird so we wont have to worry about sound issues. Ill find out Saturday morning if my Z with the stock muffler even passes at AMP.

1. Ingenere
    2. Arizona Italian
    3. GNALUZU
    4. garak
    5. Joey
    6. Rob

21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I did last year. I don't recall how much it was, but I do recall thinking it was WAY too much to pull of a small group track day...

22. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Just called and it is expensive...$3500 for the track plus $650 for safety crew plus and unknown amount for insurance for the track day from a 3rd party.

Is anyone planning on doing the NASA or PAS events for this month?

23. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    It's been about 2-3 years since I've instructed, but the name sounds familiar. Was he driving a blue corvette?

As for Firebird, count me out. I have never been a fan of any of the three tracks there.

24. Kyoso_Joey

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    #24 Kyoso_Joey, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah that was him. Heres what hes driving now.

Firebird is probably a no go. AMP would be awesome and the pricing is very reasonable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    AMP is a fantastic track. I ran there a few times before they closed it down.

ProAutosports have told me they will give us our own private run group if we can put 10 cars together but I would have to check to see if that offer is still valid.

Count me in depending on dates.