Ferrari of Washington | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Washington

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by italiafan, Jan 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I understand they have a great reputation; anyone recommend a sales person I can call about a car?

Many thanks in advance.

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Not sure who is working there these days. If you need someone to scout out a car let me know, I am close and can go by and take some pics if needed or whatever.

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Five years ago, there would have been twenty replies to this post by now. Sorry, Rob, you missed the big party.

4. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Please get a PPI done by Richard & Fernando before you buy anything. They tried to sell a 430 Challenge car to a fellow Fchat member and did not disclose that it had been in a major shunt.

5. JoshECS

JoshECS Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 3, 2010
    Ashburn,VA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hill
    The last couple of cars I personally saw bought from there, were through Jonathan. It may just be coincidence, but neither buyer was displeased with their transaction.

6. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Previously it was a haven for enthusiasts, fostering a social and club atmosphere. Now, just an expensive car dealer.

StanT likes this.
  7. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    You might ping Piper (Bob S) - he's done a bit of business there lately. IIRC you are heading to DC in the spring, yes? Just a heads up, FOW since moving, is now closer to West Virginia :) than DC (I'm kidding, of course...but it is now pretty far (Sterling) to the NW of DC).

8. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Jonathan or Alfred...agree on a PPI for any Ferrari

MB

9. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I was curious where this thread would go......not surprised at the remarks. I have tried to buy 4 cars from them and price was always an issue, and I'm not talking a few grand. I purchased my car from Algar, enough said.

Ask Piper, he purchased his car from them and knows the guys. He can probably recommend someone.

Get a PPI please!

10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Allie, Tam and Ralph were awesome. Those were the days.

StanT likes this.
  11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    thanks guys...wow....hadn't realised that FOW had "fallen from grace." used to have a stellar reputation, too bad.

thanks again.

12. f1fanforlife

f1fanforlife Karting

Nov 20, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I was in there a few weeks ago. Parked my 360 out front and while inside not a single employee acknowledged my existence. Enough said.

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I agree, the prevailing attitude there is one of arrogance. Algar much nicer folks, DEW is fantastic(though by appointment only).

14. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ralph is still in the business, I would buy from him without hesitation.

15. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    As I am in the market for a 328, I went in there to ping them to see if they might know of a customer who was interested in selling / to let me know if they have one available. I know I am a younger guy so I did not expect to be taken too seriously, but the salesman I dealt with (who's name I cannot recall) acted as if i were wasting his time (the place was empty) and I am confident won't contact me even if they get one. I admit a very limited experience, but not impressed so far.

16. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Big fan of Franklyn Freeman, good guy. Sold me my 430. Had a part in selling me the prior 360 as well.

Would have seen this much sooner, but things are all quiet on the (mid-atlantic) front these days with the weather being what it is. Doing C&C for the first time in a month this Sat though so happened by :)

17. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I haven't seen a car that vintage on their lot in the two years I've been hanging out there regularly. Seen a couple 355's, nothing older. FOW moves a lot of high dollar metal, so they may not be the ideal venue. You can't expect them to perk up over something they just don't stock, man. They're really good guys. Sometimes it's hopping, sometimes it's empty. But they do plenty of business.

18. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    Thanks for the support. I am now in Sunny and Cold Florida, yes that's right it was in the low 40's this morning!

I really miss the Mid Atlantic gang. PPI Richard and Fernando..

It was actually 3 years ago the week before Christmas. Remember it clearly.....

19. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Your point is taken. Even a statement to that effect though ("I'm sorry, but we really don't see many 328s these days", etc.) would have helped me feel a bit more valued/appreciated/respected as a legitimate potential client. Maybe I am just too sensitive, or have too high of expectations for car dealers regardless of the brand(s) they are selling.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I worked with Jonathan, he was very resposnive and forthcoming with info. They were fair on the price and stood behind the car when I had a few issues shortly after delivery. I would pruchase from them again and plan to hopefully one day soon.

21. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Wise choice. A 328 is a great car.
    It was the first Ferrari for me. Mine was a red/tan 1988 GTS.

In fact, Ralph sold it to me about 10 years ago at FOW.
    I still remember that test drive. :)

FOW these days is doing well. Bought my 458 from them a year ago.
    Franklyn is the sales person I typically deal with.

I agree with Piper that they aren't too likely to stock a 328 these days, unless a customer trades it in on a new one.
    I think their focus now is on the 360 or newer cars.

22. f1fanforlife

f1fanforlife Karting

Nov 20, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am with you Greg. You are not sensitive or expecting too much. This is a business and you are a potential customer. So because you are not looking to buy the 16M and you want a cheaper 328, you are not worth the time? BS in my world!

23. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    458? When did that happen? I must be outta the loop!! :D

24. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have seen 328's come through there from time to time. The first Fcar I drove was a black w/red interior 328GTS there with Bob M. My suggestion is to always call ahead and make an appointment with the salesmen and let them know your interest ahead of time. I did this for my first trip there and it helped, kind of makes it more "official", I guess.
    The 328 is a great car and there are a lot of good ones out there for sale, look through Ferrariads right now, there must be 15+.

25. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Yep, sold my black 430 in the spring of 2010 (through FOW) in order to raise some money to buy a nero daytona 458 in Dec 2010.
    Pics of the car are in the My Garage link on my profile.

Both the old FOW and the new folks at FOW have done me a lot of favors in getting me into a few new cars over the years.