Cigar Guys - Any Here? | Page 91 | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - Any Here?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #2251 Jdubbya, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    well I hope your right because someone might have busted knee caps tonight..just read your post..thanks for the heads up..

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Have you guys in the US received any cubans with intact bar codes?

I was told that the bar coded boxes are going to certain markets and then sold to others where they are torn off so Habanos can't track them as easily.

4. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Eddie@CavallinoModels Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    You are talking about grey market cigars. Common practice of distributors to sell discount products to warehouses and very large vendors so that they can get their numbers up. In the middle east this happens a lot. That is why the barcodes are cut off so that habanos does not know which distributor is doing this. When you buy from a brick and mortar or LCDH vendor the codes should be intact, otherwise something is up.

5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I finally got tired of the cold and snow and braved the chilly garage to light one up last night. I've been dying to try some of the new ones I bought lately. Lit up a Patel Connecticut torpedo. It was very smooth but actually almost too mild even for me. Good smoke though, pretty consistent and even burn.

6. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    #2256 A.D.K., Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I've been spending way too much time and money there. But I did pick up some more 1964 Padron's tonight for a decent price.

8. msquared

msquared Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Had a handful of padilla in the back corner of the box for a few years - part of a gift sample pack long ago. Never intended on smoking them, but after reading darth's recommendations of the brand I lit one up.

Burned down the padilla corojo edicion especial 2006 with some dark coffee this morning and it was a great start to a cold lazy football sunday.

9. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks.

Hopefully soon I will get some time to travel somewhere with a Habanos store. I would love to have a selection to see in person.

10. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Eddie@CavallinoModels Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    More expensive but highly more rewarding. Something about looking at a box before buying it makes me happy.

11. msquared

msquared Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Is anyone familiar with the dominican montecristo classic series? I lit up the rothchilde vitola last night and it was very weird.

It had an overly sweet, gummy, almost like a slight menthol aftertaste. I'm trying to be honest with myself: I can't decide if i really liked it or not. At the time it was just so different than what I'm used to. Now i'm anxious to try it again to make up my mind. Maybe that's the answer right there?

Am Ii the only one that thinks this is an odd one?

12. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    #2262 A.D.K., Feb 2, 2012
  13. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Had my first Camacho today, the Connecticut. I love the spice from it, but was still pretty mellow compared to my usual go to sticks.

My favorite local shop just got a few boxes of the My Uzi Weighs a Ton. How are they?

14. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I had a bunch of the 1999 anniversary series that were great. Not sure how far off they are from yours. Pretty mellow and mild though. I can't say any of them had a menthol aftertaste. Not sure I'd like that either!?

15. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    Can't realy say yet. I've only had one so far the ones I got was a pre week smoke to try out before my local B&M had another DoubleShot event with Drew Estates and Joya de Nicaragua.
    It was the second one their the rep. Had a bundle of the MUZWAT 6x60 and a box of Undercrown Corona Doble (hit those hard) along with JDN Dark Corojo.
    The local B&M should carrying the MUZWAT and Undercrowns soon. So for the MUZWAT 5x60 was pretty good stick. Medium bodied with coffee/ chocolate notes with mid wood and spice undertones running almost three hours of smoking time.

16. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #2266 Jdubbya, Feb 12, 2012
  17. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    And here is tonights treat. Pretty tasty but I think the Padron from last night was still better.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

18. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  19. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    This place has been dead lately just as I've been stocking up and enjoying some decent sticks.

Didn't get done what I wanted on my car tonight so I'm loserbrating with a new one to me. Lit up a Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo. Very nice smoke!! I took a chance and bought a box of them so I'm glad I like them!!

20. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Going to be a long night. Got hired off duty to work a Frat party with another officer so had to pick something up. 2 montecristos cabinet seleccion Belicosos and 2 Churchill. Will get some actions shots shortly, lol.

21. msquared

msquared Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Happy birthday to me: Macallan 18 and some Davidoffs - Anniversario No. 3 and Double <<R>>.

She's busting my balls to propose; she may well be worth it.

22. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    A happy birthday indeed!!!!

23. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    #2273 A.D.K., Feb 28, 2012
  24. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Hey Andy, if you're interested there is a Big Smoke dinner and event down here in Evansville on the 31 of March. Here is some info, copy and pasted from my email.

Cigar! Cigar!, Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant, Buxton Motorsports, and Tucker Publishing/Evansville Living Magazine will host the very first annual River City BIG SMOKE with all profits benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project. The date is Saturday, March 31, 2012 from 6 PM until 10 PM which coincidentally is the day before a local smoking ban goes into effect.
    The River City BIG SMOKE will be held in Madeleine's Event Center, 956 Parrett Street, Evansville, IN and will include a gourmet buffet provided by Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant, complimentary premium liquor tastings of single malt scotch, high end bourbons, etc. along with several complimentary premium cigars. First Year Introductory Price for the very first River City BIG SMOKE is $50 per ticket and is partially tax deductible. There will be a cash bar and a cigar bar available where attendees can purchase beer, wine, mixed drinks, cigars by the single or box, and cigar accessories plus numerous vendor tables and displays.
    We are LIMITED TO 300 TICKETS and they must be purchased in advance at Cigar! Cigar!, Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant, Tucker Publishing/Evansville Living offices, Buxton Motorsports, or Opus 1 Music. You can also call 1-812-401-1202 to purchase. All tickets will either be mailed to your address or can be picked up at the door the night of the event. Tickets WILL NOT be available for purchase at the door and You Must Be 21 Years of Age to Attend this event.
    This event will be a great night out not only for cigar smokers, but anyone who enjoys gourmet food, fine bourbons, single malt scotch, good music, and just a great, fun evening. Mark your calendar now, buy your tickets as soon as possible, and prepare for a great Saturday evening, March 31, 2012. All profits from this event will benefit the Wounded Warrior's Project (see: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/) and part of your ticket price is tax deductible
    UPDATE: The list of complimentary whisky pours currently stands at the following: Russell Reserve Southern, Rare Breed, Wild Turkey 81, Stetson, Glenlivet Nadura 18 year old, Glenlivet Nadura 21 year old, Chaviz 18 year old, Woodford Reserve Double Aged RNDC Bourbon, Aberfeldy, MacCallan, Highland Park, Willett Crossroads Bourbon, Backbone Bourbon Crossroads, Bulleit Bourbon, George Dickel Single Barrel Tennessee Whisky, Johnnie Walker Double Black, Crown Royal Black Canadian Whisky. And there are more to come....!
    I've got my tickets, should be a great time, Madeleines is the very best restaurant around so food will be fantastic.

25. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    Last batch of cigars I received was a birthday gift from my dad. He bought me 10 liga privada from drew estate. I wish I knew they were limited edition, I wouldn't have smoked them all!

I only have one left and having trouble hu ning more Dow