Greater Chicago Motors? | FerrariChat

Greater Chicago Motors?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Webby, Feb 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Anybody dealt with them? Seems like every car I've looked at in their inventory is "below retail book value" according to Carfax, just an observation.

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Checked them out today... so far so good. Typical dealership behavior (not calling when they said they would) but they were professional enough when I was there.

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I was just talking about this with a friend over lunch today, but salespersons seem terrible these days as a whole.

5. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    never heard of them or know anyone who has done business with them.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Not a sponsor therefore the link removed.

7. bmw_e39

bmw_e39 Rookie

Feb 29, 2012
    I realize that I'm only driving a BMW e39 and not a Ferrari but in my defense I'm 29 and still climbing the corporate ladder to afford such a prancing horse.

Just joined the forum to try and help with the Greater Chicago Motors question. I bought my BMW from them 3 weeks ago and after having a BMW master mechanic look at the car it was deemed to be in excellent condition - nothing was being hidden from me.

I think they sell nationally online and have lower prices to be competitive, etc. After I bought the car I met Sam and he seems like a friendly guy and neither a schmoozer nor a moron. His finance department is good too - very professional. As for his sales man (singular - he only has one guy working at their new Elston Avenue location), the guy literally answered the phone yelling with tone at me like an arrogant *******. I went to meet him in person and play some hard ball because the car was well priced and looked clean. After sizing the guy up it was obvious he was a bumblinng idiot so I forgave him for being an ******* - he probably is too stupid/uneducated to know how to act properly and how to treat people. Whatever.

If you want a good deal they have great cars but lace up the gloves cause their salesman is prick.

8. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    normally when you see somone's first post as a review of a dealership you get a bit concerned but this review seems pretty honest!

isnt oak lawn mazda an ex luxury motors startup as well?

9. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Hi Sam,
    Nice try

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    hmm?

11. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    Is Greater Chicago Motors what's left of Luxury Motors?

12. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    seems like luxury motors clan split up and are running several different shops including this one oak lawn mazda etc

13. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Resurrecting this thread....has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Greater Chicago Motors?

14. gary alexander

Jul 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Gary Alexander
    looks like its an old thread but feel compelled to comment.. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS - just bout 2015 458 Spider; when I received the car it had 1000 miles more than advertised; severe paint damage, missing all original tools, second key, charger, some things were broken etc... when offered to return the car or get compensated, was told that i am just " spoiled rich brat" . Taking these guys to court. The classic definition of a sleazy used car salesman.

Webby likes this.
  15. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    Did they deceive you into thinking that the car was in a condition other than how you received it?

I recently purchased an old car from them and it came with the original tires. They told me the tires were a few years old…. They were 18 years old. Also they said they would find the manual and second key but never heard back on those items. Couple things were worn out and needed replacement on the car but I purchased sight unseen without any questions.

I have seen that many dealer ads have a disclaimer that the ad may not be accurate.

You have to get them to verify the information and get a PPI before closing the sale if your concerned about after the fact repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. gary alexander

Jul 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Gary Alexander
    These guys are as sleazy as they come.

17. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    You bought a 2015 458 Spider sight unseen w/o a PPI ???

alex likes this.