Located in Arkansas? I want to hear from you! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Located in Arkansas? I want to hear from you!

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Oct 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwil

dwil Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    ozarks
    Full Name:
    Dave Wilson
    I sneak in the crescent parking lot one evening a year to check the cars out. It makes
    no sense for me to lodge in eureka as i live within 10 miles. It would be fun to tag
    along on one of your daily outings next year!

2. dwil

dwil Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    ozarks
    Full Name:
    Dave Wilson
    Jack,
    I think i came close to buying a black jalpa that you had listed on ebay several
    years ago. Do you still have the R5? I would love to see your cars sometime!

3. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    I'm in Gravette and the phone book, give me a call and we can hookup. The r5 has been gone a year.

4. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mark told me about it last summer, I meant to go this year just too much going on. Maybe next year, but ill have to thumb a ride?? It will likely be a long time before I own another, much less two. But it was fun.

5. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    You dont have to stay at the Crescent to attend Crescent Classic. Register and join us!

Derek Bell is our guest driver for 2012.

6. strosek

strosek Karting

Sep 23, 2010
    Arkansas, USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes Dave I was at Palooza with two cars. The Supercharged Strosek and the 935 Race car.
    I wanted to run the Strosek in the autocross, but I got stuck on "cone duty".

7. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am now in the Little Rock area

8. Texasfly

Texasfly Rookie

Jan 28, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    We live here in Texas but have a lakehouse just outside of Eureka Springs in Beaver Lake, Arkansas. Wife and kids spend most of the summer up there. Have given some thought about bringing the F430 up this summer when I come up to joint them for 2-3 weeks ... do any of you all meet anytime during the summer?

9. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    texasfly there are a few of us in the Fay-Rogers area that get together and run to Eureka on a sat or sun...the roads are such fun take the low road in and the high road out...and there is always something going on for the weekends in NWA

10. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I'm not in Arkansas but in central Louisiana. I would happily come to Arkansas for a weekend cruise. I was up there w/ my Mondial 3.2 and once w/ my Europa Twin Cam and the roads were fantastic! Along w/ the Swiss passes & Smoky Mtns area roads (Dragon, etc) AR has the best driving roads I've been on.
    PS: can't really justify the mega expensive events ... nothing against them, I just have kids to support, etc.
    I also know a great mechanic in Little Rock ... Ferrari, Lotus, Lambo, etc. Contact me if you want his contact info, as I don't want to violate FChat rules.

11. Texasfly

Texasfly Rookie

Jan 28, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Gents -

Funny you mentioned the excellent roads since that is what got us to purchase a modest but comfortable vacation home in this area. We came up there for a week every few years in a driving trip with the Porsche club. Fell in love with the scenery, the ROADS, and the people. So much so that we decided that a modest place on the lake was better than investing in Wall Street. We consider ourselves very blessed. But now longing to drive the roads again in the Ferrari - driving them in a Ford Expedition EL full of kids and junk is just not the same! I will contact the both of you and give a "heads-up" if I decide to drive the black beast up that way. Would love to get together with other car enthusiast, specially ones with any other Ferrari. Thanks.

P.S. Please PM with the name of the recommended mechanic ... would be great to have if one is ever needed.

12. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Crescent Classic is recognized as the largest and best Ferrari Rally in North America. If you are in Eureka Springs in September, you should join us. The Rally sells out every year, but we do have a few slots available.

Chris

13. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    the Cresant Classic is a nice get together at a great town and Hotel with good people I have made it over there the last couple years just to ogle the cars, i so not take part in it as the money 1000.00 for 3 meals is just too crazy...i'm sure there may be some other benefits but not a 1000 dollars worth... me and the misses can do vegas round trip for less

14. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    #39 cmparrenzo, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Crescent Classic is a 5 day event, with multiple meals and receptions. We provide Crescent Clothing for both the driver and the navigator along with a full bag of Ferrari swag.

FORZA Magazine and CAVALLINO MAGAZINE both give Crescent Classic recognition as one of the leading Ferrari events in North America. Alain deCadenet wrote in the February issue Sports and Collector Car magazine in europe that Crescent Classic was the best Rally in the world for 2011.

We bring in celebrity drivers, in this case, Derek Bell, to rally with us for the entire event. Our "themed" parties are legendary, huge parties, great food and music.

Ferrari of Denver brings in two semi-trailers of new Ferrari's, Bentley's and Maserati's for long term test drives on the rally.

Our rallies take months to setup, the rally books alone are worth the price of admission.

Our awards ceremony is being held at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in the Grand Pavillion, Crescent Classic is the first major event to be held by an outside event at Crystal Bridges. Cavallino Magazine will be the major sponsor with Derek Bell as our speaker for the evening.

I can promise you, you can't do what we do at Crescent Classic for the fees we charge, major corporate sponsors help to keep the fees well below the actual cost to attend.

I am sorry if you feel Crescent is not for you and your wife, but if you have never been a participant, how would you know if you liked it or not? I would love for you to attend, I promise you will not go back to Vegas!

Crescent Classic has over a 90% alumni rate, we must be doing something right! We have 64 rooms reserved at the Crescent Hotel for Crescent Classic 2012.

Oh, and the cost for 5 days, is $750.00... not $1,000.

15. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    355tsr...
    I too thought the same thing 5 years ago BEFORE I attended the first time. I can promise you it is money well spent and worth every penny. If you come the first time...you will be back :)

Brian

16. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    With all due respect you could not be farther off on your assumption of Crescent Classic. I have been to all but the first two. The drives that are organized are 2nd to none, the people are even better. Two years ago I got to have lunch with Derek Bell (he raced for Ferrari and McLearn in Formula one not to mention running in the 24 hr LeMans winning 1st five times!) He was one of the coolest people I have ever met in my life. Last year I partied with Alain de Cadenet. (he finished 3rd overall in the 24 hr Le mans in 1976, and co drove with desire wilson in 1980 won 2 races in the World Sportscar Championship at Monza and Silverstone) I will not talk about what happened that night but it was EPIC to say the least!

I have met nsxer, deon.smith, slm. all F chatters, all great guys. I know Cmparr personally and know what he does and how hard he works on making it what it is. He literally works year round to make sure it all goes as planed.

To sum it up, unless you are a lot luckier than I an in Vegas you are better off coming to C.C. You will make some great new friends and in a 355 have the best time over 5 days you could ever want. I hope to see you next year, I will be the guy in the black tan 355 gtb with Capristo exhaust so you will hear me before you see me:)

17. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    I am sure your take on the rally is accurate...and some years ago when i first checked into it i was not able to find out much as to "what you got for the money"...so I just relented to being an observer, which was OK as I enjoyed playing the part of Ferrari Fan.. as far as the drives in thru the hills well I live here and drive those same areas often in My 355 and usually have a few others join me so I know from where you speak.
    side note; I am a founding member of "Crystal Bridges" and have no doubt that Alice will
    roll out the red carpet for your banquet...as you probably know most everything she does is over the top, and "Crystal Bridges" is no exception. if you plan on taking the tour you ought to allow about 3 hours.

18. Texasfly

Texasfly Rookie

Jan 28, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Crystal Bridges is a MUST! Fantastic place and like "355tsr" said, allow yourself time to explore and enjoy the environment. A feast for the senses ....

19. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    355tsr, I live in Gravette, and like you enjoy these roads all the time, chucking out that kind of money for local event is hard to chew, when I spend that kind of cash I want to be someplace else.

Crystal Bridges is first class and the best part is that it's here in NW Arkansas. My wife and I have taken many friends to see the artwork and have dinner, first class without pushing and shoving.

355tsr do we know each other?

20. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Jack, you have more cars in your garage than the rest of the town of Gravette...

I grew up in Rogers, I suspect we have some friends in common. We have a Crescent Classic participant that has several of the same cars you have, including the Renault R5 and several Lambo's.... why in the hell are you not at Crescent! Derek Bell will be here this year, you need to come play with the big kids!

21. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    Really the biggest issue is the dates, I'm usually in California that time of year. Brian has told me I'm missing out.

22. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    P2164 can't say that we have ever met..I am in Springdale..but out and around NWA most every nice weekend...Yesterday it was Tontitown..

23. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    spotted a 348 GTS yellow on I540 the other day, someone else had said they had also seen it, anyone know of a new purchase in the area?

24. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    I have heard of the yellow car, not sure who owns it but I just purchased a red 348 TS a month or so ago. I live in Gravette.

25. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    P2164... have not seen yours around either...but i realize some people just don't get theirs out that often, me Im around all over NWA couple times in the week, and always on the weekends