Lotus Esprit front indicator lens part number? | FerrariChat

Lotus Esprit front indicator lens part number?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by thecarreaper, Feb 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #1 thecarreaper, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello. I have a 1990 Esprit SE I saved from an auto auction.

The front indicator lenses on the UK spec cars were amber /clear, and amber / amber for the USA. My amber lenses are in poor condition, and i am looking to buy UK amber / clear replacements.

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DKHudson

DKHudson Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Durham, UK
    Full Name:
    David Hudson
    #2 DKHudson, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I've forwarded the question to a mate who's a Lotus chap and I'll let you know if he can shed some light on this.

I suspect the indicator lamps were originally from an early Leyland Sherpa van, but I might be way off the mark.

David

3. Loose_Cannon

Loose_Cannon Rookie

Apr 3, 2009
    England UK
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    #3 Loose_Cannon, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    I think the indicators are referred to as "COBO" units, widely available (I think they were an off-the-peg item so could well have been on the Sherpa), They are from a Ford TW25 tractor

Lotus part no for lens only is possibly A089M6083F

Just about any Lotus seller has them, this is the cheapest I could find them though they are allegedly available for a fiver somewhere else.

http://www.forge-services.co.uk/acatalog/Lotus.html

PS just done some more digging and if your original units are Lucas the COBO units are ever so slightly different in their screw holes. Some people just make a slight mod and use some adhesive, other stick out for used or NOS items on Ebay. Check this thread out and the comparison shot half way down (BTW you really should be on the Lotus Forums if not already)

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/15690-whiteorange-lens-for-front-lamps-on-1987-esprit/page__st__15

PPS more digging reveals COBO make rear lights for the BOVA coach, as used by McLaren and Lamborghini! Just a bit of useless info, carry on.

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Many thanks to the both of you for the help. i will see about ordering some.

My amber lenses are cracked, and having the "Euro" look would be a nice touch.

Thanks again gentlemen.

Michael

5. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Any pics, years later?