suddenly people become an expert in style and beauty when a new model comes out???!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

suddenly people become an expert in style and beauty when a new model comes out???!!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by johns930, Mar 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    F12 is not running for office.
    U pay for the airfare, so u can have an opinion with their service.
    U cant rape a woman, just like u cant drive off a f12 without paying, whether u like it or not.

Regardless what i think, there are millions of people who will never have any cash to buy any ferrari already had something to say about the f12, so what exactly am i stopping?

2. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    Good, if u have a CAR or cars of equal value to the f12.

Many say they can sell their house and get whatever doesnt count, or people tell u at partys that they value furniture, watches, diamonds, or family and kids more so they choose to spend on them and not cars on a CAR forum when u ask where is the f12 equivalent AFTER they LOOK like they are buying by comparing them to lambos, other cars, art, whatever.
    Or like lots here, they say i dont like it and what?!!? u dont have the means anyway and ur saying??

Say whatever, i just like more creditability.

3. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Your argument is tremendously flawed. You haven't taken into account the secondary market, (resale), toys, models, and various other products. Ferrari would be no where near the brand it is without the merchandise and according to your logic people that don't matter. If Ferrari couldn't cultivate a following of people that couldn't afford their cars they would never have become a desirable items. Not everyone is born with the ability to purchase a Ferrari. Ferrari must market to future buyers as well.

4. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Are you accusing George of lying about his ability to purchase an F12?

5. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    not arguing with anyone, who cares about who affording what?

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Man, this thread is becoming more and more childish.

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hard to believe that was possible...but yep

8. nfg2507

nfg2507 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think I know where johns is coming from. If you are in the position to buy a new Ferrari, a gorgeous new model comes out and instead of being excited loads of people just start hating on e.g. youtube how the new Lambo is better, the Ferrari looks like sh** and they are rather going to buy the R8 this might be a bit annoying.
    However, I believe that most of us are able to look past those haters and just do not pay them any attention.
    Still I do rarely find myself watching a Ferrari video on youtube and getting upset about the stupid comments - but I am always able to stop myself.
    Of course the line of arguments in this thread is a bit - let's say questionable and the thread is becoming childish. When someone is angry he is not arguing reasonably.
    Let's just leave those haters alone and be excited about our privilege.

9. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    Ding ding ding ding ding.
    And I thought I was a bigger man when I pay no attention to them haters as u put them, but I think of them as what they are, not haves being sour.
    But after all this time of ignoring them, I finally voiced out which made me realize I'm not the bigger man like u.

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This thread is becoming epic actually! Hehehe!!!

I love how the F12's looks and I admire the specifications. That being said, all people have the right to their opinion! I cannot afford to buy the new A380 airliner bit I find it appalling appearance-wise!

11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That's the goal of my life. Saying the same damn thing.

12. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Re-reading my post, it was indeed childish. Sorry, didn't think it through in the middle of a Saturday night with little sleep.

With that said, just to flip the situation around: I can't currently afford a 458 Italia - you got one right? Does that mean that I shouldn't compliment your cars beauty...?
    Have you never commented the looks of a car you cannot afford, a Ferrari P4/5 perhaps? ;)

13. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Of course you can. Whether you can afford it or not is totally irrelevant. Also not liking a new Ferrari doesn't mean nobody should.
    This forum is for enthusiasts and includes owners. So you should comment all you like

14. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    no, never. whats the point other than hating?
    im not fond of the bugatti veyron's looks, but i never comment on that on a forum, until now anyway. To me saying negative things on something i cant afford is a representation of loserness. when i get a pagani maybe im bored enough to say some zh!t about the veyron but by then i dont think i would.

as for the f12, i think its better and pleases my senses more than my 458 when it first came out. the numbers and tech are so much better than my 599. The only excuse for me not to get it is the lack of cash. the logical step is to replace my 612 with it. but do i want to take a us$300k hit?? its all about cash, not about the car. the f12 is fantastic.
    but if money becomes a concern u start making excuses to urself not to get it or like it.
    everything is about money.
    if im married, i'll say my wife wont let me, or my garage is too small, or my dog ate the check......
    but i dont think i have the heart to say anything negative being a long time ferrari lover and financial supporter on FERRARIchat.

15. platinumsc

platinumsc Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2004
    I thought it was only one person behaving childishly.

16. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    Well said.

I don't know what the OP is babbling about. It seems lately, on ALL car forums, fanatical owners and fanboys alike cry over anything negative being said about their love children. To them I say CALM DOWN! It's the internet. That's what makes it interesting.

I'd say it's more important now than ever to voice your opinion. Manufacturers are admittedly reading forums and blogs now and using that input to create future models. SRT has actively done this with the new SRT8 Jeep and Viper. I think the results are promising.

If you want to participate in some utopian Sesame Street auto circle jerking session go start a private forum and never open it to the public. Then you can ban any members who disagree with you. Sounds like a fun place!

Crying "hater" sounds like some immature 16 year old boy, or an uneducated adult rapper...

17. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    Say that to the majority of gangster africans that go around doing that (in africa)...

And yes you can drive a f12 without paying, what if a friend paid for you, and gave it to you as a gift...

18. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    The idea that you can't have a valid opinion on a car unless you can afford to buy one is completely absurd.

19. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    At face value, sure. You're correct. But we who cannot afford them at sticker do not have the same opinions. I earlier made a comment about how black was a less ideal choice the more detail, the more intricate a car's sculpting. It was pointed out shortly thereafter, not at me but simply on topic, that black understates and flies under the radar. That's an important point. Those that drive this market, the ones that make it possible for Ferrari to do what they do, look at purchases differently. Look at the color spectrum, or lack there of, in the 612 market as an example. Silver and black dominate. When I look at the fleet of 599's in black at the bottom of the resale market for their color, as a buyer of limited means, I see through eyes that say "silly color". What I'm probably really looking at at the 2007's that the finest Ferrari enthusiasts in the continental united states optioned to enjoy without attracting any more attention than absolutely necessary while driving the latest, hottest Ferrari on the planet.

All that's to say that when you're considering it in your garage and how the vehicle would fit into your life as a purchase decision, you're necessarily going to have a different opinion that someone, like me, who's only connection to the car for the next half a decade at least is going to be magazine articles. Both opinions are valid, but from very different points of view. And theirs makes ours possible :D

20. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Sorry, BS. I can't believe how petty people are being because other Ferrari lovers think this is an unattractive car. IMO it is a very unattactive car. That swoop is horrendous. If you have the money and you think it is attractive then it shouldn't matter what me and others say cause you like it and you bought it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the owner. I don't owe anything to the owners because they make this possible. Please don't make this possible and don't buy this ugly duckling. Send a message to Ferrari to build something attractive and elegant.

21. platinumsc

platinumsc Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2004
    I said this in a thread somewhere but I don't think it was here...so I'll say it again.

Initially, I kinda liked the F12 and thought it wouldn't be long before "kinda" turned into full adoration. Strangely, the more I see it the less I like it. It's going in reverse.
    The rear end is just plain weird. Looks out of place. More like it should be connected to a Kia. Don't like the FF front. Not feeling the exaggerated curves throughout the body.

There is still a chance things will turn around cause I want to like it. Good thing is there are so many other models to like and pay attention to.

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #72 TheMayor, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee