Jr. Prom Car Help | FerrariChat

Jr. Prom Car Help

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by echferrari, Apr 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    1. I live in Bainbridge, Ohio 44023 close to Chagrin Falls
    2. If I drive it I don't know stick
    3. The total travel distance is probably in the 25 mile range
    4. Date is the 5th of next month

Ok so I want to suprise my date by picking her up in a cool car cause she knows I'm obsessed with cars. Problem is I have a Jeep Cherokee 01 so if anyone would let me borrow your car or be willing to do the driving for the night tht would be awesome. I think my parents would b willing to pay you idk how much tho. If you can help tht would be awesome f not don't worry about it, feel free to ask any questions and by the way I've now had my license for a year and a half and do have insurance. Thanks for reading

2. Jodan108

Jodan108 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Dan
    [advice] Learn stick shift...it's definitely worth your time and opens a field of opportunities!!! [/advice]

3. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    1. Post picture of date
    2. Rent a limo
    3. Find out what SHE'S obsessed with and surprise her with that. Girls your age don't really care about what you're obsessed with (unless it's them).
    4. Rent a limo

4. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    Haha ya I gotta learn stick but only have automatics at the house, and for the limo the only one in my area is not worth the price he wants.

5. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    I admire your spunk for asking. If I was in your area I would probably give you a ride but not let me use your car but alas I am too far and too busy to drive that far.

I am a firm believer in "it doesn't hurt to ask".

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Jeep Cherokee 01 is a cool car.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv4mKt-69d0[/ame]

7. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    Thanks and ya im just seeing wat happens

Wax- Mine doesnt do tht its only has the tires/rims, lights and trying to get a brush guard, roof rack and lift

8. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Do some research and find a shop in your region that repairs Rolls-Royce and Bentley. They would know who hires out chauffeur driven cars for events.

While others are getting cookie-cutter limos (or worse - some "themed" stretch), a Rolls or Bentley of any era would make a nice, elegant statement.

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    ROFL! +1!!

1. Pics or GTFO!
    2. Yes.
    3. Troof.
    4. Yes.

4.0 or bust! :D

10. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    #10 Bullitt44, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    1) No one here will help you become an after school special. Drive your Jeep and be proud!
    2) Never admit you can't drive a manual transmission on a enthusiast site.
    3) Your high school date's parents would frown on this (after school special part)
    4) I have a hot wheel car you can keep in your pocket to impress her!
    5) Correction: your parents have insurance!
    6) learn how to spell if you are going to ask for a ridiculous request!

Enjoy your Jr. Prom and be safe!

11. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    Since it does not hurt to ask! Does anyone have a classic 250 GTO I can borrow for a vintage track day?? I have years of track experience and an instructor tag, but no track day insurance. ;)

12. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    1) Work on your spelling and punctuation; unless you're a phenomenal athlete, musician, or lottery winner, you'll need to know how to communicate effectively if you want an opportunity to earn a good living. Someday, if you can get yourself a decent career, you'll be able to buy a Ferrari. Spelling and punctuation can help you with this. Really.
    2) Learn to appreciate the fact that YOU HAVE A CAR. Lots of people your age (and some a lot older than you) DON'T have a car. You've got a Jeep, for Chrissake. Act like it.
    3) If you're choosing a girl as a prom date who would "like" you more if you drove an exotic car, I'd say not having an exotic car is the least of your problems.
    4) Learn to drive a stick shift. I'm sure SOMEBODY whom you know has one. When you've taken care of that, come back to FerrariChat.

13. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    No need to get angry I'm just seeing what happens if I were to ask this isn't supposta be tell a kid he's wrong, go to more school tht at for 12 hours a day, say I'm not athletic i have scholarship opportunities and to appreciate wat I have cause trust me I do if you knew anything about me where I live is pretty damn expensive and my parents work there asses of to get me almost anything I ask for. And I didn't know knowing stick at 17 was a requirement for FerrariChat. BTW you have no right to say **** about my date at all, so ur #3 was completely uncalled for.

14. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Hit the nail on the head there. I can't say for sure if that's the case, but if it is, then I think you should consider upgrading your date, not your car.

Chris

15. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    Wow this isn't about her, its about me trying to SURPRISE her not get her to like me more.

And about the Jeep there car is awesome i love it and YES I DONT KNOW STICK I WILL BE LEARNING i didnt pay for my car my dad did and wanted me to worry more about driving then shifting at 15 and a half when he bought me the car

16. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    It is never a good idea to rub in the fact that you come from a charmed family.
    Your allowed to be proud, but you come across as spoiled. I wish you the best and the use of spell check in the future.

Work hard of for those scholarships, that would make your parents very happy!

17. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    Im on my phone right now, an no im not spoiled I have a job and do pay for alot of wat I have, im just saying theres no need to try and say stuff about me, my date or my life. this was just to see if anyone would be willing to help a kid out not shoot me down

18. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    It's an F-Chat Meanie/Uncle's sacred responsibility to make F-Cadets sweat.

What can your Jeep do that standard cars can't?

19. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    Tht isnt the point the point was she knows I drive a Jeep and I was going to suprise her with a cool car because yes she is into cars also

20. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    OK, your motivation is proper.

What kind of cars does *she* dig?

21. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    I kid you not exotics

22. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    +1 to the bolded part!

Is that a HotWheels in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me! :p

I have a bridge in New York if you want to buy that!

23. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    Regarding the bridge, I'll take it! ;)

24. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Tell her something like "The moment you got in it, this Jeep became an exotic beauty" and things may get erotic.

25. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    #25 Bullitt44, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spoken like a true:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login