458 Challenge | FerrariChat

458 Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Condor Man, Apr 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the original list price for a 2011 458 Challange and also how much the spares package cost?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Aaron

2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Surely someone would know??

As I am interested to buy one and your advice would be great.

Thanks

3. TheLammist

TheLammist Rookie

Mar 15, 2012
    Safety Harbor
    Full Name:
    Aaron Baugher
    Challenge cars were MSRP'd at 278k in the US market for the 2011 year, 283k for 2012, check with your local dealer if you are in Melborne Florida, if in Melbourne AUS, try to contact Mr Len Hintch, he is the National Service and import Rep for Austrailia but is heavily in the know about Challenge Series racing, I met him at the factory in Maranello and he would be provide much assistance, if you would like to learn more about Challenge Series, download the rules from the Ferrari USA website, it is very useful, for the best dealer in Florida for track support, email me at [email protected], good luck!

4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thank you Aaron.

I appreciate your response and I will keep you posted.

Regards

Aaron

5. jacinto jardine

jacinto jardine Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Hi Aaron,

The Lammist is correct, Lenn Kench at Ateco is the man to have a serious discussion with, I spoke to Lenn today about another matter for my 458 and he was very helpful.

There is a guy from Perth that has successfully raced in the Ferrari Asian Challenge series last year and done very well.

I believe the cost in Oz is around $350k, but heard this 3rd hand so not sure how valid this number is.

all the best

6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thanks,

I have now been sorted for a couple of vehicles!

7. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thanks guys for your help!

I have jut purchased a brand new 458 Challenge from Europe.

And it's going to be a very, very long wait approx 8 - 10 weeks......

8. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    For someone who quite recently graduated from a 550 to the 575 and now this ....

HATS OFF TO YOU!

(I mean, seriously, how often do we ever get something as cool as that?)

How many challenge 458s here in Aus?

9. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Michael,

I suppose - 3 Ferrari's in under 12 months.....

I have had a string of Race cars including Carrera Cup's. So I am expecting the Challenge to be heaps of fun and actually easier to drive!!

I think that there are about 3 - 4 Challenges in Melbourne, not sure about the rest of the states.

After Visiting Maranello and then Michelotto in July 2011, I really started to go off the Porsches and started to fall hard for the Stallions.

I am super excited to get the Challenge that's for sure.

Thanks Again

Aaron

10. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Seems about right as well. I only caught wind of about 2 Challenges- one through Maranello Motorsport and (I believe) another privately owned Challenge- until now that is.

This is becoming quite the addiction isn't it?

Rest assured Aaron, that I will be camping around the streets of Melbourne for any short glimpses of a 458C at the least (if you can get away with it).

Haha mate, how long have you been participating in regards to racing Porsches?

Michael.

11. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    MM has delivered at least 2 with a 3rd on the way.

And mine will be the 4th.

I might go for a small fang on the road when I pick her up with a temp rego sticker!! That would be hilarious.

Porsche racing for 4-5 years.

I just old my ex- Bairdo Cup Nov last year. So I was ready and thinking about the next move.

12. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I didn't know that at all, seems like Melbourne is fast becoming the receptacle for rare and unique automobiles!

Interesting format. Might be able to get away with a permit; though I do not remember under what conditions a race car qualifies as a street legal road car; who am I to complain? :)

Must have had some great fun racing in the Porsche and hopefully just as much with the latest addition.

What made you go for the 458C over previous year models?

13. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Congratulations Condor Man. You will love the 458C.

Mine came in about 3 weeks ago and shake down is scheduled for tomorrow. I can't wait ... :D

14. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Imagine rolling down Chapel St on a Friday night....the look on the doof doof's faces in their slammed Commodores

15. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I think Melbourne has always had some cracking cars, it's just hard to know who owns them and where they are kept.

Porsches are fun, especially in Targa's and Cup racing, however you really need the time to work at keeping your race fitness up which is very difficult for me with the hours I work. The 458c is a real arrive, drive and have fun car.

After watching my mate Allan Simonsen race at Imola in the Hankook 458 GT2 and then meeting with Signor Michelotto at his factory when another mate collected his 458 GT3 and then driving a 458 - I instantly knew what I had to have.

Plus I wanted something brand new as second hand race cars can be a real money pit. Also my cup car was much faster than a 430 C so, I didn't want to go backwards either.

16. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Wow! That's an awesome day ahead.

Make sure you have an incar camera to remember the moment that you first drove her.

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing some picks.

Regards

Aaron

17. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The funny thing is that they still would try and run you.

18. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Let's see what we're home to: Mclaren F1, Daytonas, F50s, F40s, an Enzo, GTOs...- think we can take clarity in the fact we have some rarities in any case.

From what I hear Porsche is the way to go with having some track fun. Seems like it has given you much enjoyment over the years, hopefully, that fun continues when you are behind the wheel of the 458C.

Can these cars race in the Targa series or are there certain criteria dependent on what class you are participating?

And I do hope to see this car of yours racing around Albert Park at some point!