360 spider - selling the machine to make room for a new one - local car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 spider - selling the machine to make room for a new one - local car

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RobertM, May 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    like they say . . . there is a butt for every seat. I had a porsche with tons of mods and everyone said the exact same thing. so you never know.

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I have found that Porsche people are more willing to pay for mods. your price is near the price of a 430 definitely of the 2004 low miles 360...

3. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Since you are the expert, then what do you think your 360 is worth?

4. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm no expert , I'm a realist. I turned down a serious offer for 55. so it's not about what I think it's worth it's about what potential buyers it is worth. I turn down the offer because I decided not to sell.
    at the time I am ready to buy another car I will accept the best offer I can get not worry about how much I have lost and move on to the next car.

I feel that any potential buyer would you feel that they could get a newer lower miles car for the same price. whatever price someone give you then that's what is worth.

5. HOBE456

HOBE456 Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You know it's a bid/offer game. Until you put a price on something special or different, Ferrari or otherwise, you often don't really know what it's worth.

If he doesn't get any buyers close to his price, then it's pretty obvious that it's price is too high.

Time will tell.

Mods seldom bring what they cost. Just look at a Mecum or Barrett-Jackson auction. A realistic seller understands the real world and usually does the options for their own enjoyment, not what they would get in a sale.

It'll be interesting to watch this ongoing drama. Good luck with the sale. It's a beautiful car, no doubt and should bring a nice premium over a stock version. The question is-how much?

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I will start the bidding........

$25,000, a gatoraide squeeze bottle, a used comb, a wheelbarrow, a pop-up sprinkler head, an old pizza box, and some pocket lint...... BTW, the wheelbarrow has mods!!!

:D

7. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I hear that Freddie's pocket lint has mods too

8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Yeah but it has never seen rain or been tracked!

9. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    " so it's not about what I think it's worth it's about what potential buyers it is worth. whatever price someone give you then that's what is worth."[/QUOTE]

So in other words, it's overpriced for you but not necessarily a real buyer who could afford it.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Considering that I have a 360 means I'm in the real buyer group. And I would like to see him get get his price or at least close to it, especially considering it a "high" mile car.

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The rating of mileage on Ferraris always makes me wonder what people buy them for. If you want to have a low miles Ferrari you are allowed to use it approximately one hour per month. Makes no sense.

I had a 30k mile Ferrari and didn't have any issues with failures due to wear.

:)
    BT

12. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Although I do believe there is a slight difference between 55K and 110K.

13. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    There's a big difference between 55 and 110 and I've had my car for 2 years and put 22k miles on it ...and that does not subtract from the point that having bought a 360 makes me a real buyer ...

Can you say that ?

The fact a 2004 with less than 10k could be bought for that price or less is my point ...

I wish these cars would sell for higher even with miles. Fact is they are a dime a dozen because Ferrari produced too many 360...

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #39 BT, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is true that the market for the 360 has been beaten up in the past three years or so. It is also true that Robert certainly doesn't NEED to sell his car, and may prefer to price it where he feels the value is for a person who wants his car. I can see someone local seeing the car and deciding they have to buy it, even at a premium to the general market. I think Robert would be just as happy to keep the car in reality and is probably only putting it for sale because he is used to changing sports cars every so often. I am similar, and do regret selling my little silver car even though it was the right thing to do at the time...

Fred usually provides the most accurate advise in these scenarios. Buy him lunch at Tacos al Carbon and you get a free one hour automotive therapy session!

BT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Yes I can. My car is valued at $50-55K with 17K miles on it, had it since new. But that doesn't make me a real buyer for Robert's car.

The fact is, it all depends on who likes it, wants it and can afford to pay for it.

16. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    What!!??? Did somebody say tacos!!!???? Mmmmmmm!!!

17. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    will advise for food...................................me too!

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm saying I'm a real buyer because I bought one. I'm not one those who say they can afford one and give excuses for not owning one.

For the record, I like Roberts car. The mods he has made , I will do or have done. And I'm one who will pay extra for a modded car especially if they are the mods that I would want done.

19. msos

msos Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    S. FL
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    sounds like a lot of talk..............where's the beef?

20. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Clara Pellar passed away a long time ago. No more beef. :(