Cigar Guys - Any Here? | Page 92 | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - Any Here?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Karting

Mar 4, 2012
    For all you fellow cigar lovers, some wise words from the late Grouch Marx: “A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.”

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #2277 4REphotographer, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah me too, but I enjoy both anyway!! :)

4. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    How many people here do the Cigar.com Cigar of the Month Club?
    For $29.95 for 5 a month + 3 free Cohiba at sign up it seems like a fair deal. Do they provide a good variety each month?

5. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Picked up a box of the Camacho Connecticut and a couple Curivari Reservada Limitada with the white band.

The Curivari is a really nice smoke.

6. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    At the River City Big Smoke, they gave away AF Short Story, Oliva V Torpedo, Oliva G Robusto, Liga Undercrown and a San Lotano.

Picked up a couple Opus X for $13 each too.

I am loving this Short Story, it has the best tasting pre-light draw I've ever had

7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    A buddy gave me a Cohiba that someone gave him a couple months ago. It's obviously all dried out since he had it sitting in his office in a baggie. Any chance I can rehydrate it and it will be good? I tossed it in the humidor last night when I got home, but it's actually starting to peel a bit midway down it is so dry.

8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Yes. Best I have found is toss in 80% humidity for about a week. Take out and return to your humidor at 70%. Let sit for about a year. Turn 1/4 ever month or more.

9. chairpilot

chairpilot Formula 3

Mar 3, 2007
    LA, CA & Olympia, WA
    Full Name:
    PlateClipGuys
    John, I've done this before on many cigars "given to me" too, with 50/50 success. Keep it in your humidor for at least a few months (yes months) and keep an eye on it. If it continues to peel after the first few weeks your pretty much out of luck - just smoke what's left of it right then to put it out of its misery and until you can't stand the wrapper droppings off your hands (LOL!). If it "holds" to its current (loose looking) wrapping and it does not look too visually objectionable (i.e cracking separating,etc.), then check it monthly to see if it feels a bit squishy/pliable (not brittle) and you may have something decent to smoke. Don't count on any 85+ rating experiences though.

Good luck!!

10. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Got a new 100 stick humidor that should be ready to load up this evening.

Got a box of Oliva Connecticut's and a box of LCG Serie N to go in.

Owner of my B&M passed out 1992 year Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 to everyone in the store the other day. Feels solid with a little give, still in the cellophane with no band.
    This will be my first realllly aged cigar. Anything to be aware of before I smoke it?

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks guys, I'll try to save it. I put it in a bag off to the side with a little humi-pack to get it started. I'll stick it in the humidor after a bit and keep an eye on it!

So speaking of rotating, do you generally do that with all of your cigars? I never really thought about it but it makes sense.

12. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'd be curious to hear how it turns out. The 8-5-8's are one of my fave basic Fuente's.

13. Oakmontgolf

Oakmontgolf Karting

Jun 27, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Have to say if you make it to your local cigar shop and they have any of the purple boxes (2011) for the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation for $50 the money goes to a worthy cause but inside is an Opus X and the other gem is a Julius Caeser, hands down the best cigar I've ever smoked. It's not a regular Julius Caeser, the shape is different and it just has an overall different flavor then the normal JC.

14. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well it doesn't look good at all. It just seemed to keep peeling. Maybe I'll just light it up this weekend and see what happens!? I don't think it'll get any better that's for sure. It was worth a shot at least!

15. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    It was too aged, I think. Not a whole lot of flavor going on, lit once and required absolutely no touch ups and still had a pretty tight draw. Smoked for a bit over an hour.

Would love to have one at just 1 year old for comparison.

16. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #2291 koisokok, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That's too bad. I already went through my box of 8-5-8's. Need to start looking for some more to add to the collection. Warmer weather is here so my "stock' will start dwindling. IN fact gonna go light up a Cohiba I think!!

18. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    I've been on a big Fuente kick lately, Opus X XXX, Short Story WOAM and Anejos for the last couple of weeks.

Yum.

The 858 Maduro is on my to try list.

19. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I got a few Lost city's sitting in the humidor waiting for the appropriate occasion! Probably golf trip this summer.

20. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Ive been smoking some lost city opus x. The xxx beli is more my speed.

For the $ I can get twice as many of the Cubans i like I havent been restocking the opus.

21. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Definitely agree with you on that. If I find a decent 5'er of Opus X anything on Cbid I'll pounce on it, but I'm not going to pay $15+ a stick.

I just paid one third that price per for 25 CC that I like almost as much.

22. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yep, I think I picked mine up on Cigarbid for a decent price. I was at a friends for dinner and drinks and lit up a Montecristo Habano out by the fire. Was a nice night for it!!

23. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well, three day weekend=three smokes. Saturday had a nice Padron Anniversary. Sunday had a GAR torpedo, and today it was a RP decade torpedo. It was a good weekend!!

24. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well nobody else is posting here and its been awhile. Just about done with another Padron 64 while enjoying a very pleasant evening in New Hampshire.

25. chairpilot

chairpilot Formula 3

Mar 3, 2007
    LA, CA & Olympia, WA
    Full Name:
    PlateClipGuys
    Nice! But what are you doing in NH??