GTA EXOTIC CAR DRIVE - SAT. JUNE 23 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

GTA EXOTIC CAR DRIVE - SAT. JUNE 23

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Toronto308, Jun 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christien

Christien Rookie

Jun 15, 2005
    Hamilton, ON
    #126 Christien, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for inviting us Porsche folk along. I was the one driving the red 72 911 with the ducktail. Esteban, nice to meet you today, and thanks for explaining the 308 to me! One day, my friend, one day :) And thanks to whomever was driving the TR - that car totally made my day. One of my all-time favourite cars.

Here are a couple pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Vasco, was at the Alfa show today supporting a friend that had entered there car the Alfa concourse. I'm bummed out now that I missed you....this is just nuts of our worlds not aligning.

Pm me .

3. HHogan

HHogan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I was there, just not for the Humberview part.

4. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    pissed I couldn't come and at the last minute kind of too! My client needed his car for a wedding so had to lend him my dealer plate and his own car to go to it, however I have it back now! so now have a beautiful white/red aston vantage to drive all weekend! :)

5. Saturn

Saturn Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2010
    Toronto land of salt
    Full Name:
    Saturn
    I'd like to personally thank Esteban for mapping out an excellent route, dealings with Humberview, lunch arrangements and making this event a success. Many thanks to Vasco and the Humberview team for hosting the event, catered food, getting law enforcement to stop all traffic as the entourage made its way to the QEW.
    I had many feedback from my group yesterday and today and they were totally floored on the level of professionalism involved.
    One even said the experience with all the exotics surpassed his experience in the last Gumball 3000 event in Niagara Falls.
    Thank you.

6. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I could not have said it any better myself!!

Again thanks a bunch Esteban & Saturn for your great recruitment.

Great to see many of the regular faces & meet many more new participants.

Vasco was nice to finally meet you after all these years. Please thank the owners & all the staff at Humberview for the hospitality & having the police presence that made exiting the area so much easier. I was surprise to see the wide area they covered to allow us to stay in a group.

We must do it again.

7. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Vasco is real ?

8. gto406

gto406 Karting

Jan 7, 2008
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Brian M.
    You have to be kidding?

Are you worried the Viper or GT-R are going to smoke your *ss all over the pavement?

Hope no one forgot to bring the Grey Poupon!

Good to see the Khamsin out at the Queensway cruise night (Saturday night) with real car folks.

Four wheels, steering wheel, enthusiast = car lover, please remember that.

9. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I agree, that khasmin was such a surprise. I loved seeing it as well as the Pantera. Had no idea these two of my favorites were coming!

What are the details of this Saturday nite Queensway cruise?

10. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    #136 Forza355, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    Nope.

I can guarantee you a Viper or a GT-R would blow the doors off of the car I drive.

I still don't consider them exotic, though.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    +1..the acr viper is far more exotic then a 360, or gallardo. That car will destroy most 300k exotics without even getting out of second gear. Production numbers are far less then most Ferrari production numbers...it just doesn't have a bull or a horse on the hood..if it did, it would suddenly become the best car in the world.

12. gto406

gto406 Karting

Jan 7, 2008
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Brian M.
    Saturday night, Street Classics Cruise. Queensway and the East Mall (Canadian Tire pkg lot) - just East of Humberview GMC.

All cars welcome, exotic or otherwise.

Many European/American and Asian cars show up.

E.g. Maserati Khamsin, 1965 MGA, etc.

Would be great to have more Italian supercars. Cya next Saturday!

Cheers,
    Brian

13. Clik CLik Vic

Clik CLik Vic Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    Every Sat evening at the Queensway Cdn Tire. Just east of the East Mall on the North side of the Queensway. Around the corner from Humberview Motorsports. The cars start to arrive at the Cdn Tire parking lot around 5pm. Mostly classic cars the time I was there. The guy with the Pantera was there, an older Lamborghini and a classic Jaguar and Porsche.

The guy with the Pantera who showed up at the Humberview June 23 event just happened to be driving by and noticed the Ferraris. He said he dropped by the have a look. I suggested to him to go inside as the maps and Cruise Instructions were being discussed. I'm pretty sure that this is the same Pantera that I saw at the Cdn Tire Sat Night Show and Shine.

The guy running the Sat evening Cdn Tire events told me that he has gotten 800-900 autos. They used to use the other part of the huge parking lot but due to construction the autos were moved to the side closest to the Cdn Tire store. Lots of free parking for eveyone.

There used to be something similar on Wednesday evening in the Plaza between Dixie and Cawthra on the road which runs parallel to and just north of the QEW. Applewood Plaza maybe - not sure.

14. Saturn

Saturn Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2010
    Toronto land of salt
    Full Name:
    Saturn
    #140 Saturn, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Once in a while I just give my son (Solomon) the camara and he just takes a pics. He came up to me and asked if he could use the camera to take some pictures of the cars. He is just pint size (6 yrs old) and some of the things he sees is awesome. I gave him the camera and he just disappeared (with my wife keeping tabs on him though) between the cars and people. His pics are all his own accord without any training or direction.

There is a pic with him crouching as a shadow. For reference thee last pic is him.

15. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Lucas this could be trouble for you---more competition.

16. abarth69

abarth69 Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mark

Yes we go to Queensway cruise to hang out with real car guys and girls.

My son and I went to check cars before the drive. Classic car owners and Exotic car owners are like oil and water they do not mix well together.

Cheers
    Mark
    Khamsin owner

17. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Thanks to all who organized the cruise (you know who you are), and great to see familiar faces once again.
    Had a blast riding co-pilot for once as well!

P.S. Keep this on topic as it seems like its about to get way out of hand.

18. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    This can be true but also not. I myself can appreciate all cars. But I really like the old-school grassroot type of events. Yes, the true car guy events. I used to do that heavily back in my VW days :D

I dont have any special sports car at the momment to take but I do have my old pimpin 1973 350 SE (W116) Benz that I could take :D:D:D

Great seeing your car. Too bad we didnt chat. Just too many people :)

19. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    Feelin' the love here brothers. The kind words are appreciated. Putting on an event like this one takes a lot more than just one person to do it. So, thanks goes out to:
    Pat and Vasco, along with everyone else at Humberview, for hosting the pre-drive meet. The breakfast was fantastic and your new dealershop is great. Sunil, I want a copy of the pic you took of your breakfast plate. :)
    Mario for spending the time to get in touch with the Ferrari drivers and letting them know about the drive, and to Saturn for getting the word out on the Porsche, Lotus, and NSX forums and Facebook (maybe there were others?). Without you guys, we would not have had the great turnout that made it so much fun.
    Bob and Andrew for coming on the proof run. Not only was it more fun having you along, I didn't have to drive. Plus, I'm not all that familiar with the Niagara region. These guys caught a bunch of mistakes and are responsible for the run being error-free.
    Sunil for bugging me, for about three years, to do a Niagara run. You were right. There are some nice roads out that way!
    John G for talking me into putting together a June drive.
    Finally, thanks especially to everyone who came out!

Now that that's out of the way. I forgot my camera on Saturday so let's see more pics!!

20. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    I'm glad it turned out so well Esteban. You know I would have been there had I not had an emergency come up.

Glad you guys had an awesome time... and the pictures look great!

21. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Thanks for all the hard work Esteban!Would have loved to be there,I'm still in CroatiabiuPat and Vasco said it was fantastic

22. Eccentric M

Eccentric M Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CAN
    Awesome pictures!

23. Saturn

Saturn Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2010
    Toronto land of salt
    Full Name:
    Saturn
    Not the best video capture but a video nonetheless.
    Turn up the volume.

following a 599 & 355
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pscm7tjbXXQ[/ame]

R8
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AiFs4ntvHw[/ame]

Sorry no tunnel video.