My 09 Scud ;-) | FerrariChat

My 09 Scud ;-)

Discussion in '360/430' started by diSCUDsted, Jul 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    #1 diSCUDsted, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello all.
    I've had my fair share of cars, with a lot of action in the past 22 months (not good for the pocketbook)!
    Had a beautiful 06 Maserati GS in Bianco Fuji, which was sold and followed with the purchase of a an Ibis White 2010 Audi R8 V8. Kept that for 9 months, and loved it! With the need of wanting more power, I traded that in for another 2010 R8. Only this one featuring the V10 motor. After 6 months of ownership on this one, I saw a big decline in pricing and panicked! I found a great buyer and ran the sale through the dealer, in what would be my next purchase of a 2012 LP 550-2 Gallardo.
    After only 5 months with this one, I would find that once I'd approach the 45 minute to 1 hour mark of driving, my back would start killing me. Couple that with the fact that when I'd go on Lamborghini cruise events, (having 15-20 Lambos unite) there were times where there'd be 5 Gallardos same color and all! Me being me, couldn't settle for that (wanting to be somewhat unique). So I turned to what I actually wanted before the Lambo purchase, a 2009 Scud!!

As the saying goes, "hindsight is 20/20"!
    Had I purchased the Scud to begin with, I'd have saved myself a lot of money, and started the pure satisfaction of owning a Scud 6 months sooner. Lesson learned!!
    Now, on with the pics!! Interior shots in post #6

Looking forward to ownership, learning more, and eventually... contributing here on this forum!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Georgescott

Georgescott Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2009
    Congrats! Wow it took you a while to find the suitable toy!

Looks great in white, I also have a lambo and agree re the lower back problem.

3. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Congrats Tommy!! Beautiful ride! Looks much better than the pictures from the dealer and original owner in Cali. Can you comment on the exhaust valve controller?

4. sm1810

sm1810 Karting

May 21, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    beautiful about to pick up my scud too this week :)

drive it in good health!

5. vf430

vf430 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2009
    SoCal
    Congrats Tommy. Now go drive it!!

6. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    #6 diSCUDsted, Jul 2, 2012
    Yes, lower back was agonizing for me, and I DO NOT have back issues at all! I can't explain it, as many acquaintances claim it's the most comfortable they've been in these types of cars.

Thanks Steve! The exhaust valve is ridiculous! It almost seems as if it should be open at ALL times (although it gets a bit loud at certain cruising RPM's, and depending on what gear you're in). I guess it's really the best of both worlds. Being able to go all out loud and nasty full time, or tone it down in certain situations/surroundings. Either way, I love it! And believe it's a must have mod.

7. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    I don't see a switch on the side? Is it in the center console? I'm curious. Can you tell if it is really Ferrari installed or subcontracted aftermarket by the dealer?

8. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Did you ever get a chance to talk to the owner in Cali?

9. sanchezdds

sanchezdds Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2009
    California
    Discud-
    I love your beautiful Scuderia. Great job finding the car.
    My car came with the valve switch, and I love it so far. Like you said at certain RPM's the car could get a little loud, but I am not complaining:) I was in SanFrancisco this weekend and kept the valve open most of the time, and my car set off about three car alarms. I thought this only happend in the movies, but to my amazement realized my car was tripping these alarms.
    Anyways, enjoy your gorgeous car.

10. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Actually, it is on a separate key fob. I was told this was a 5k option (from viewing past listings) from Ferrari, but nobody is able to confirm that Ferrari ever even offered this. And if they did, I would tend to believe they would have used a switch in the interior like Sanchezdds car. My bet is that it is the Capristo module. I'll try and confirm this at a later date if I can locate the actual module. From the Capristo website, it shows their name on the module itself, but nothing on the key fob.

As for the past owner(s), the Cali guy never responded. I believe he knows nothing about cars, and is NOT a true enthusiast like many of us. I did however track down the gentlemen that owned it prior to him. A late 70's male retired physician that has owned MANY Ferrari's. I emailed him, and he responded the same day. Told me the car is 100% straight, and that he only sold it because it was a bit too "raw" for him. lol

11. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Quick question fellas, why do my pics appear as links, and not full visible pictures right on the thread itself. Any other forum I post on would appear as a picture, and not a link....

12. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    #12 Finlander, Jul 2, 2012
  13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    haha told you so Tommy for the 1,000,000th time.

=D

14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    If you have the adjustable seat option,you can tweek the height and make it even more comfortable than your previous lambo seat....

15. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Live and learn Alwin. Live and learn! lol

Thank you. I'll check and see.

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Congrats on the arrival of your Scud! Great color combination especially with that interior. Those floor mats look more like art, that should be hanging on a wall...
    CH

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Congrats, she looks great!
    How does the driving compare to the lambo performance wise?

18. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  19. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    WOW !!!!....what a circuitous route to getting your ideal car

I was fortunate to have by-passed all the rest and jumped right into a Scud from the get go.

It is an amazing vehicle that I am sure you will love as much as I do.

Best of luck

20. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Sexy in white. Congrats.

21. Hkpooh

Hkpooh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2011
    OMG your scud is soooooooo hot! Great choice!

22. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I think that I might have seen your car in Madison Wisconsin last year. If it is the same car, I was behind it when driving my F355. That is the best looking car I have seen on the road. The white with silver stripes is fantastic.

23. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Many congrats on a lovely Scud.

This is a picture of the Capristo fobs.

[​IMG]

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Hey Tommy, did you go balls in and drill your dead pedal in or did you use double-sided industrial grade adhesive? Mine just came in the mail...still trying to decide which route to go!

25. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    So you noticed.... my very first mod to the Scud!! lol
    I guess you can say I went "balls in" then. ;-)