1983 400i Auto Chassis 45767 on Ebay | FerrariChat

1983 400i Auto Chassis 45767 on Ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Aug 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #1 samsaprunoff, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

Just documenting these cars, as they come up...

Car looks nice and "clean" in the pics...

Cheers,

Sam

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290760868009&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

1983 400i Auto
    Color: Light Grey Exterior with Tan Interior
    Mileage: 49900
    VIN: ZFFEB06B000045767
    Chassis: 45767
    Current Bid: $100999.99 USD
    Buy It Now: $22900.00 USD

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gardnerld

gardnerld Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    naples
    Full Name:
    Larry G.
    That does not look like light grey to me ??

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    That is certainly an impressive list of "recent" work done on the car. Sounds as though the current seller bought a car that had been sitting for some time and had a ton of deferred maintenance issues.

The BIN price for a car with all of that done seems like an excellent value. What is involved in importing it to the U.S.?

4. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Be very very careful John. That kind of talk almost always leads to a new occupant in the garage.

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #5 full_garage, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey... it happens...

6. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Ha ha! Seriously, a new owner should be able to drive that for many miles before needing any more major maintenance items except that it probably needs tires and someday sooner or later will need a new fuse and relay panel. Other than those two items, and possibly an exhaust system someday, I can't really think of any of the major systems on the car that haven't been gone through if that list is true.

7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    As far as federal goes >25 years dot and epa regs are NA. As far as local registration goes it depends on the state. In the Fairbanks North Star Bourrough any car newer than 75 had to be emission checked although that program is now gone.

8. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    It looks like the exhaust is ss with all the shiny bits under the chassis. :D

9. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Hey, some more 400/412 snow pix! :D

10. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    The eBay ad has added this statement today: "The car is not CA legal due to modifications to exhaust made by previous owner." I think that's the seller's response to the questions I submitted on eBay, asking whether the car was ever registered in CA, and/or does it have a B.A.R. sticker. The seller's new statement is ambiguous as to whether this car could be registered in Cali, and I don't want to hijack every car-for-sale thread into a discussion of my state's Smog Nazis. But the seller's statement suggests that this car might be problematic for a Cali resident.

11. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Check it out... it was sold (on Ebay) for $20100... but the winner had "0" feedback... weird...

Cheers,

Sam

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Shill bid?

13. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce

Dave is most probably right on that one...but my very 1st Ebay purchase was the 400 I grabbed off of Peter in Gaylordsville, it would stand to reason that my feedback score at that time was "0" as well. I attempted to buy it outright pending a PPI by Bill but Peter said that it was already on the auction block & that it would have to run its course. Peter was amazed at my last second bid @ auction end & thought I might have used some 'snipe' software (what's that I asked :eek:) to pounce on it, but I told him I just used 'the old clock on the laptop' (showing time down to the seconds). I grabbed a screenshot of the auction end bids for record but for the life of me I can't find it, I would've attached it here for reference. As a responsible bidder, I attempted to call Peter immediately afterwards but all I got was busy signals. It turns out that 2 of the high bidders thought the same thing Dave did & were on the phone with Peter ready to up their ante in the event I backed out. I am still most satisfied with it to this day. I learned a lot from that 1st experience...watching/interpreting bid history while lurking behind the scenes is huge! And don't forget to enter a 'maximum amount' with a comfortable amount of headroom. ;)

14. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Winning bidder of my yellow 308 had a zero rating too. Joined fleabay to buy my car plain and simple.

15. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
  16. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just adding a few bits of info for documentation purposes:

Updated Mileage: 48283
    VIN: ZFFEB06B000045767
    Chassis: 45767
    Current Bid: $30100 USD (19 bids)
    Buy It Now: Contact Seller

Interestingly the mileage indicated (taken from one of the ebay auction pictures) is lower than the original post. It is possible I made a mistake when I first posted, or the seller made a mistake, etc... But should be easily verifiable.

As for the location... This is an area somewhat close to the City where I live. Sylvan Lake is a major Summer destination around these parts (about 100 miles/ 160km / 2 or so driving hours away) with a lot of pricey (for around here) cottages. Servicing (other than oil changes, etc) would most likely had to be done elsewhere (Calgary, Edmonton, etc), as Sylvan Lake is a smaller-ish town and so it would have limited specialty service garages. What is also interesting is that I have not seen or heard of this car within my circle of car-crazy friends or at any of the cars and coffee events. It is indeed a welcome surprise to hear about these specialty Ferraris in my parts.

Cheers,

Sam

17. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    The owner must have either... 1) lost faith for some inexplicable reason that the true definitive (and almost global) collector market is decidedly found on BAT; 2) had faith that this car being sold at no reserve via eBay would bring them the price they expected; or 3) just needed to get rid of it?

My car is special to me... but it would take far, far, far more than the $36,100 this one sold for. Great deal for the buyer and I hope he ends up I this forum, if not already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Ferrari-400-i-NO-RESERVE/124277317937#vi__app-cvip-panel

18. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

As OttoB stated, 45767 is listed as sold on Ebay for $36100 USD with 28 Bids

Cheers,

Sam

19. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day OttoB,

The seller did say the following in the ad:

This may explain the no reserve auction and/or going the Ebay route. It is too bad, as I suspect that BaT would have reached a better audience and perhaps a better price. However, BaT auctions usually require more effort on behalf of the seller and so perhaps since the seller was what looks to be the agent for the owner, did not wish to invest the time, effort, etc needed to sell on BaT? All this is conjecture and so only the seller and owner know the reasons.

That being said, I would be curious if the car actually sold on Ebay. I have seen many Ebay auctions that were sold without reserve and the car returned sometime later. Many years ago I actually won an Ebay no reserve auction and the seller refused to sell the car at the winning bid/price and there was no real recourse... As long as Ebay got their seller fee is all that mattered to Ebay...

Cheers,

Sam