THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread | Page 116 | FerrariChat

THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Greg23, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    But it's not the real car it's only a mule... Same as pics of engine in mule as there is no carbon fibre tube its metal... So we have no idea what she will look like...other size of a 458 and lower roofline than a 458... A lot of people seem to think its going to look a lot like an Enzo if so why hide it so much

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I think you'd be surprised to see how much of that mule is there to stay.

Those are actually the same front lights as the ff looking much bigger on the short bonnet, but the general consensus from the renderers seems to be that they're final.

To me the whole thing seems finished and then covered in camouflage.

My only doubt is about the engine air intakes on the back wheels, which could elongate and join the side intakes for radiators, for the rest is about less is more I think.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I hope and i think the headlights will not stay. It's already present on the 458/FF/F12. It would look too similar to the rest of the range and the supercars have always defined the styling not followed it.

4. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    At least three 'Fchatters' will be at the private showing.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I won't pass judgement until I see it in the FLESH ! ! !

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes. It has always been the statement of the future for technology and styling. It will be interesting to see if this is the case. The chatter in the F12 forum about a statement from Ferrari that the F12 was half Pininfarina and half Ferrari Design has me a bit concerned if true. Design by committee is a difficult thing to pull off successfully.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #2882 Igor Ound, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I can start to see it.

I think it will be a collage of all the current F's.

Lights from ff, some kind of front aero bridge as f12, back of the 458 and sides from Arya:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    ?

;)

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I can think of two who have participated in this thread (From the UK and Switzerland.). Am i correct?

10. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    All I know is that the showing will be before the end of October, if your source says it will be tonight it may be tonight. The Fchatters I know of are from the states. They are not very 'active' on the forum.

11. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Don't disagree, but I think the headlights will not be off-the-shelf FF units (as they are now). Front fenders will be pronounced, outward (cabin) visibility will be better than the Enzo and an aero-bridge is a possibility. FCar fronts are nearly impossible to speculate on.

Getting it on record now, but I think part of that CF tub they showed was intentionally disguised. Have seen a shot or two that makes me think they created a completely flat roof piece for this, whereas the finished product will have channels running through the doors/roof.

12. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    No way the FF lights are staying, they wouldn't be showing them as clearly. Front lights strongly define the styling so they're always a key feature to be shown as late as possible. I don't think the final ones are even similar or in the 458-F12 fashion. As it's been said here, it's more probable that this flagship "F70" defines new styling cues for upcomig models rather than sticking to the current ones.

As for what else is staying and what not from the mule, ovbiously the complete tub which includes front windscreen, roof shape, doors... then wheelbase, exhaust positioning and intakes/vents positioning. I hope that the prominent intake over the rear wheels becomes a more elevated body line in that area and then the intake should be flush, not prominent anymore. That would make the whole rear a bit higher, I find it too low now.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The last photo makes it look pretty Micky Mouse. Like something somebody would chuck together in their shed ...

Must be way off the real thing surely.
    Pete

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    If this is it, this is not much to hope for.

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    This is a body for a front engined car and not a rear mid engined.

16. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    They say you have to give your wife to seven Ferrari executives of your choice before taking delivery. It's contractual.

17. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I doubt that's the case for the top boy at PMorris. More likely the other way around..

18. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I don't follow you... of course this is the car, only the final body and styling is not there yet, obviously.

19. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #2894 4re4ever, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    No it's not it a mule with lots of final or final stage parts...
    Look at the photos it does not even have the carbon tub it's parts nothing more

20. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm seeing the tub in all pictures. 95 pages down the road and you're telling me the mule is not the mule?

21. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Not the carbon tub in a mule in the pic with the engine you can see its all metal... No I'm saying its not the car without the body.. its just parts of the car on a mule nothing more

22. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Parts of the car on the tub-correct, powertrain/dimensions-correct mule makes basically the car itself minus the body. This is nonsense discussion.

RP said "if this is it, not much to hope for". Well, this is it, but you're not seeing the final styling. You take the mule, strip it off all the black panels, throw in a styled body and you have the car. That's it.

23. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #2898 4re4ever, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Lmao show me where the carbon tub is on the mule ? Look at the engine photo you can see its metal not carbon... The wheelbase is correct.... Everything else is parts some are final some are just to make it a drivable development car nothing more... this is a mule not a camoed prototype.... The finished car will not be this with the body dropped on...no way in hell

24. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm talking about the looks all the time, not sure if you took that in mind. The final car will look like the mule keeping the tub and rest of chassis components and throwing in a styled body. Of course that exact mule is not making it into a final showable car, never meant that. And no matter carbon or metal, I'm just talking about shapes, looks, aesthetics that will remain into the production car. Oh and just for the record, I see carbon in the tub at least in the radiator-in-front-of-rear-wheel picture.

25. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Time will tell