Big Red Hates GT4s (split thread) | FerrariChat

Big Red Hates GT4s (split thread)

Discussion in '308/328' started by MS250, Feb 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I really think you are working yourself up onto something that only you think about. It's only a gt/4 - the words holy grail and gt/4 kinda sound like China the old female wrestler and virgin in the same sentence. Not a real attention grabber, know what I mean.

2. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
    Your a funny guy!

You should have been a Cavallion

3. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  4. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Oh but if it had a warranty card...

I would have bought it for 9k

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Why not buy the 2nd one that wasn't in a flood for 10k ;)

6. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I guess you and the insurance company used a measuring tape to accurately calculate 9 inches? If so, why would an insurance company right it off if it wasn't as bad as you say?
    If you are happy, that is all that matters, but the reality is the reality.

7. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Fair point :D

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You can spin debate this all you want. I don't care to be honest, but face the facts.

The car was writtten off by an insurance company as a flooded car. I was not the insurance guy that did that, and I didn't start this thread

As long as the owner that has it is happy is all that matters, and is great. Selling it to someone else down the road without that disclosure is not only illegal - it's a ******bag move.

Simple black and white case.

Be mad at the game, not the player !

9. Strictly Ferrari

BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
    #9 Strictly Ferrari, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

A bit more than wet carpets !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. tvision321

tvision321 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2011
    You have a good logo, a real comedian; but way to serious for a social site on toys; If you subscribe to Cavallino magazine, you'll find continuous articles about cars rescued from near oblivion; grant you, these entire recreations, like Glickenhaus's P4 resurection by John Hudjak ( which started from a door skin, a couple spare A-arms and a serial plate cut out of the original burned out hulk, John and his sons are so low key and talented); now its considered a real P4 and worth multiple 7 digit numbers. Glickenhaus had vision, so does Strickly Ferrari.

Mind you are correct, the GT4 will not be worth 7 digits, but I think when restored it will trade hands without even being advertised for 6 digits.

Insurrance companies total cars because the involved car is not cost effective to repair. Such is the case in this car, in which the owner and likely the agent wanted to move quick on it, sub-valued the car and off it went.

What you should be joking about (being that you are the unknown comic) is the original seller (who's a nice guy) who most likely to his shagrin listened to an agressive insurrance adjuster and the intermediate guy who flipped the car... both of them have regrets in letting it slip through their hands, which should tell you something.

As far as disclosure on Strickly Ferrari's part re water damage, I have seen his pics and he has a impecible reputation for telling it how it is. So if and when he sells it (I doubt it will be in the near future) when its been restored and paraded about, stories like this and its subsequent resurection are what makes the car all the more interesting.

take a valium and watch some corney old Gong Show episodes! you'll live longer, LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBZVQ4zBcU]Gong Show: The Unknown Comic - YouTube[/ame]

11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ^

We all get it between the two of you....

It's ok, have fun with the car(s) , flooded written off, stolen , brunt to a crisp , accident cars, whatever floats your boat to buy and fix ....knock yourself out.

Doesn't matter how you spin it - it doesn't work for me...and others I'm sure.

You saved a gt/4 , high five, good for you....live long enough to enjoy it.

Not sure why you both have this desire to explain this unless you feel you have too, to gain comfort. It's only a gt/4 for god sakes, not like you saved a 275

I really don't care.

12. Strictly Ferrari

BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car

Your true colors have come out IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! not the PASSION you only care about it if was a 275 that are now trading at 1mill plus I'm sure you up on the values
    I think you have told the Ferrari coumnity how you truly feel about there cars under the 275

You are truly a Joke!

"Its only Gt4"

13. tvision321

tvision321 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2011
    LOL , sorry I am still chuckling about the unknow comic on the Gong Show! Can't take your recent posts too seriously...just makes me crack up, LOL

14. tvision321

tvision321 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2011
    Oh, man I am screwed, I'll be huming the Gong Show theme song all day tomorrow!

too funny; do we have a "soupy sales" guy on Fchat to join in on the discussion?

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Boy, you guys are bitter, I feel bad for you.

Good luck with that !

16. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Yet you continue to post.

17. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Chucky baby...

18. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Another completely useless argument going on, I see.

19. tvision321

tvision321 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2011
    doesn't get any worse

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_d-Q5GOWpA]The Unknown Comic - Comic Strip Live 1989 - YouTube[/ame]

20. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There is a diablo I know of that was written off just days ago, from a ding that happend at the storage facility where he keeps it. Get this, the right rear quarter panel was slightly pushed in, and the rear bumper scratched down to the primer coat about 6 inches long. Write off!! I could have pulled the dent out with a plunjer, popped the bumper off and have it repaire and repainted for under 1000 bucks.

Car just had 50k worth of work done to it, would you seriously not even consider a car like that? No damage at all really.

22. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Nice to see a mod split and start a thread I never started....nice !

23. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    I thought that was odd.

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    As per Rob no debate can occur on 0846 except in the 0846 thread and Rob has banned people who disregarded his directive.

If you want to talk about 0846 feel free to do so in the 0846 thread in Vintage.

0846 as it exists today was not: "started from a door skin, a couple spare A-arms and a serial plate cut out of the original burned out hulk".

0846 was never a P4 and as it exists today is a P 3/4.

John Hudjak had nothing to do with the resurrection (Ferrari's words) of 0846 one of his son's John Hudjak Jr. did.

What 0846 is and isn't has been fully disclosed and debated for many years and as it will never during my life time or my children's lifetime's ever come up for sale, what it may or may not be worth is pure speculation.

The legal identity of 1967 Ferrari 330 P 3/4 chassis 0846 was established in a legal proceeding many years ago and that legal identity has been accepted by Ferrari and a Ferrari Published website, the content of which is in Ferrari S.p.A's sole discretion, reflects that fact by listing me as the owner of 1967 Ferrari 330 P 3/4 chassis 0846 since 2000. The time has long passed where anyone including Ferrari can ever challenge that legal identity.

25. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta