The beauty and grace of a Cali | FerrariChat

The beauty and grace of a Cali

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by MalibuGuy, Mar 2, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #1 MalibuGuy, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Three is company and not a crowd in a Cali!
    Name another current CONVERTIBLE Fcar where three can be comfortably ( ok they are models-- but tall) accommodated !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Looks like you have more going than just the California

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Not quite on topic, but speaking of beauty and grace...today at the gas station I pulled in behind a winged 911. A guy in a Honda goes up to the 911 driver and gushes about how beautiful the 911 is. He asks questions about how it is on gas mileage and maintence. He asks how fast it is and has he ever been on the track. He goes on and on but not a single glance at my Silverstone California, nor even a nod and "nice car" comment. Totally oblivious to the Ferrari. Go figure.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi! Yes, I'm a newbie from Canada (GTA "AKA Toronto" area). I don't know enough to be specific about Ferraris or the California but I've had enough life experiences to comment on human nature ;#D. I think people's tastes are unpredictable simply because personal experiences create subconscious biases regardless of the facts. And then some people, for whatever reason, just idolizes German cars so that really limits the field.

I joined the forum a little while back, looking to learn and eventually contribute to our mutual enjoyment of a very special experience. I've been very impressed by the level of knowledge and friendly candid discussions on this forum. It's been very helpful to learn from you all as I wait for my new car to arrive.

BTW I agree, Silverstone is a very classy understated colour.

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #5 MalibuGuy, Mar 3, 2013
  6. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    I did not check your sig, thought you from down under :)

7. DiMisa1977

DiMisa1977 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2005
    Not such a bad thing inmho

Sent from my Chevy pickup truck using telekinesis and or Siri.

8. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    He is from down under. LA :)

9. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I have a Silverstone Cali as well and I get looks and comments all the time. Monday, I had a lad ask to sit in it and get his picture taken which I happily obliged. Think they'll find the car soon....

Just kidding. I get plenty of attention in the California...

SV

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    +1. My Nero Daytona California gets a ton of attention. My meteor grey 911 was almost invisible, I think I got 2 comments in 4 years of ownership.

11. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    This really got me thinking.. They have obviously not made another four seat convertible in recent times, but how many convertibles have Ferrari made with back seats? Would be interesting to know.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #12 tazandjan, Apr 3, 2013
  13. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Aside from small children, I think the idea is to allow a California driver to ferry spouse/girlfriend + 2 friends to the local restaurant or cafe in style... top down on a nice day for a leisurely outing, instead of hauling out the SUV or sport sedan. It's all about the cosy atmosphere. Your guests get to travel in a convertible which not many people own. It's romantic.

In Europe, many small villages and towns are closely connected by scenic, fun-to-drive-on little roads. This is not unlike New England or some areas of Florida, California - essentially well-inhabited areas with interesting terrain, so you don't feel like you just want to go from A-B.

14. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    #14 Statler, Apr 4, 2013
    4 seat relative of the California from the 80s. The new one has the motor in the wrong place. 4 people my wife's size to dinner is no problem.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Chris- Forgot all about the Mondials. Very nice seat filler.

16. hotbmwm3

hotbmwm3 Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2006
    Melbourne and London
    Full Name:
    Owner -09 California
    I think the mondial is underrated as a car