Corvette C7 Convertible | FerrariChat

Corvette C7 Convertible

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by jimmyb, Mar 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I like it. I think I'm getting one next year.

Lousy photos though and a terrible color combo here...

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Heh.....no photos of that hideous back end.

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    :)

5. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    I went with my wife to the Cleveland Auto show this weekend and the lazy as#'s at
    GM couldn't bother sending a C7 200 miles to the show from Detroit. What they bothered
    to send was a C6 ZR-1 that was a waste of time! Very frustrated with this company, but I
    guess there's a reason they went bankrupt!

Mark

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Hah! Try discussing with a dealer how to buy one! My dealer has no idea how to communicate with customers. It's completely frustrating. They call, you call back they never call again. You email, they try to sell you a truck. Not once--- like 10 times.

I have come to the conclusion that dealers really don't care about Corvette sales and just want to push out the door SUV's and econo boxes.

7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    The car from Detroit has been all over the country since Detroit....it is in Geneva as we speak. Sorry you didn't get to see a C7 but I believe there are 3 C7's for shows.

Jimmy

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Gonna get one of these. Looks like a good DD. I don't like this color combo though.... ugh!

BTW: Some at Chevy in Geneva --- your license plate was put on by a moron!

Strange to introduce this car in Europe. The Vette isn't even being offered in UK drive and the biggest markets for convertibles are the states and other warmer climates.

10. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I saw the new C7 Vette at the new York car show. I love the looks of the car. I sold my 2009 ZR1 vette to get ready for the new car. All new Chasis versions of the car have been better than the model before. I have never been much of a fan for vettes but they are becoming world class cars in my opinion. the 2009 AR1 was an ayesome car in performance and handling. All I know for sure is the C7 will be better.

I am a little worried about the Goverment owning GM and the new fleet gas mileage regulations that manufacturers have to achieve in 2014.

Lee

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #11 TheMayor, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

That's why this crazy stick shift with with auto rev matching. I'm sure the top two gears are for fuel economy and the auto rev matching minimizes gas consumption when shifting.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    FWIW, the C6 convertible was intro'd at Geneva in March 2004.

Jimmy

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Exactly my point. How many C6 convertibles did they sell in Europe since 2004? 5?

Dumb marketing move IMO. Could have had a much bigger bang for the buck in a major US city. No one from the US press covers Geneva.

14. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    <ayor I did not know that. 7 speed also helps with fuel mileage no doubt

Question? what is the Auto rev you mention?

Thanks lee

15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    The rev-match is so you don't need to blip the throttle between down-shifts with a manual transmission.

The 7 speed is an extra overdrive, not much in terms of a changed gearing from the C6 from what I hear

16. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I don't know about the marketing, but every major U.S. car magazine covers (and has covered for years) the Geneva show. Check the websites of Autoweek/Car and Driver/Road and Track/Motor Trend/Automobile/etc for Geneva reports.

Jimmy

17. opencollector

opencollector Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    CA Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #17 opencollector, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They would get that anyway. What you want is the mainstream press in the US to show it -- like CNN and the 11 o'clock local news and stuff like that.

It's a footnote. Should have been released in the US. Corvette sales in Europe aren't worth sending a car and putting it on display -- GM already lost money on this car in Europe. :)

19. 1Superleggera

1Superleggera Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2011
    North East
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hmm...Maybe if you buy a few trucks, they'll give you an allocation for a C7...:)

It is a nice looking machine.

20. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I was behind a Malibu today and I noticed the tail lights have rounded off rectangular shaped taillights. It seems to be some kind of Chevy theme now.

22. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Respectfully disagree...probably my favorite color combo though prefer a bit lighter exterior and darker interior.

I noticed that too...imagine the comments in the crowd..."typical American quality"...etc. :rolleyes:

-------------

A supercharged spot in Geneva, http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/american-muscle/374806-2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-fascia-gets-accidental-web-preview-51.html#post142149948.

23. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Thank you. I like the idea

Lee

24. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Have you tried calling one of the big Corvette dealers like Kerbeck or Les Stanford and just have it shipped to you?

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #25 TheMayor, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    No, I haven't. My fear is that I'll just be another person on a long list. I thought if I stayed local, I would be treated better than just some guy who wants a Vette.

But, I can see that buying "American" is different than buying "foreign". American means --- little service, little information, no communication, and not even bothering to listen to what you are asking because they don't care as long as you buy any car or truck from then.

Foreign means the exact opposite.