330 GTC for $750,000... | FerrariChat

330 GTC for $750,000...

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Zedtt, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
  2. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    Price range of 330 GTC are really on high level these days.

But seems to be nice car

Julius

3. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    As market values have increased, I detect similar inflation of the adjectives used to describe the cars. The 'drivers' Ferrari of the 60's, it was called, the one serious collectors owned on the side to do 'eventing.' Same car as a the sexy 275 GTB but with 'conservative' lines that were a mashup of SuperAmerica nose and 275GTS tail...

But now that prices are swelling into true collector-car respectability, it's " one of Pininfarinas masterpieces," and "considered one of the finest series production models built during Enzo Ferraris lifetime."

4. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Beautiful interior color on that car. Is that a factory color?

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    bet Dean regrets not buying one now :p

6. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    You can still buy a nice Lusso for this money, right?

7. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Sure you can. If you have time machine...

8. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    But try driving the whiny 4 speed on the highway. Don't get me wrong, the Lusso is scrumptiously shaped but when you want to put one on the road, then the GTC is the true choice for a driver between the two.

The GTC is correctly gaining its place in the vintage price realm

9. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003

Very true. I may advertise mine for $1 million and work in the phrase "The 330 GTC, along with the 250 GTO ...."

If only we knew the bid as well as the ask.

10. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    I have only limited experience of other tipo, but similar words were used by Paul Frere, Phil Hill and many others in reports written long before recent price hikes.

All I can say is that after 32 years, my GTC still gives me a lot of pleasure to drive and to look at.

John

11. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hyperbole aside, I always felt that the 330 was the perfect combination of pre-modern styling (and weight) and very competent performance that remains rewarding to drive today. Maybe the market is starting to recognize that trait.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The EXACT same thing crossed my mind!!

He was 'out' at $200K, IIRC...that IS a lot of money, to me.

As I mentioned then, a professor at Rice University used to leave his 330GTS parked out in the lot...

13. redmagma1

redmagma1 Rookie

Jan 23, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Shervin
    330 gtc had been under valued for a long time. Todays current value of 650-850 dollars is a true measure of its worth that is in line with the rest of the 1960s Driving ferrris of that era
    I expect the value of this beautiful driving ferrari to continue to appriciate in years to come as well

In todays market you cant find one under 600K. it will be intersting to see what the 365 and the 330gtc will sell over the next 3 days from now at the RM and Gooding Auctions at Amelia Island

I bet everyone will be shocked again !!!!

14. Daytona1

Daytona1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2009
    Although the 330GTC is a very nice driving car, it seems amazing to me that their prices are approaching $800k, when you can buy a near perfect Daytona for $400k. Having driven both, the 330 GTC doesn't even come close.

15. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    What I know of Daytona prices means that you can't buy a near-perfect Daytona for $400k, at least not in Europe. I also don't agree that the Daytona is the superior drive, let alone that the GTC doesn't come close. I think an independent survey of the GTC and the Daytona on a mountain pass will come out in favour of the GTC. On a long open flow type of route, the Daytona will win it. I think, though, that discussions like this are beneath owners and it is very unbecoming to proclaim your own car as the superior one. I would love to own a Daytona, and I wouldn't put a Daytona down to hype my own GTC.

In the end, prices never work like a gable of justice. Some cars are underappreciated, and some overappreciated. For many many years, GTC owners were wondering why the Daytona was more valued than the GTC. Now the shoe is on the other foot. That's life - sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down.

Onno

16. redmagma1

redmagma1 Rookie

Jan 23, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Shervin
    I am almost certain that during the next 3-6 months the daytona pricing will be correctly adjusted to around 550-700 dollars. Soon after that the 330 gtc will pass the 1 Million Dollar mark and then, Daytona with follow that route...

17. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I agree. While I love the Daytona's iconic styling, its wonderful wail at full song and its ability to cover ground-I find driving my 330GTC to be a much more enjoyable experience.