Lamborghini Chicago CLOSED | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Chicago CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by *fill-up*, Feb 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chet

chet F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    Who owns it? Was it recently purchased by Sultan?

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Danny left there long ago, not sure if he's back? I know he went down to StL a couple years ago though. Worked with him on a 430 deal and was a stand up guy

3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Yes

4. JSR29

JSR29 Rookie

Jan 5, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    Scott Rothermel
    Sultan (Global Luxury, Burr Ridge, IL) did not purchase Lamborghini Chicago, Westmont. For whatever reason the buy/sell did not conclude.

With the demise of the Lamborghini Franchise I wonder what name they are doing business under? Certainly every stitch of "Lamborghini" Corporate Identity is gone from the building.

Bill Nuccio is no longer associated. He's at Dealer St. Charles IL Used Cars St. Charles - Autos by Bill Nuccio

Danny Baker established his own dealership in St. Louis #1 Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, Aston Martin | Sales. Service. Relationships. | Exotic Motors Midwest

5. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Ive heard the Lotus franchise is being sold off and the place is closing its doors this month.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    So,it looks to me like the Bentley Gold Coast is now the only game in town,sales and service included......

7. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Stay tuned.

8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Closed for business 03/22/13.

Sad.

9. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    TJ left about (at least) 6 months ago ---- followed soon after by Jon leaving as service manager --- after that, service was not what it used to be..... those 2 guys were great and irreplaceable, IMHO.

This is sad, but it does not surprise me....

With Lotus sales in the ****ter --- Evora was a flop in the US market, the new Esprit cancelled (forever), and the Elise / Exige having their DOT exemption on bumper height about to expire --- Lotus Dealerships are gasping for air everywhere. I would not be surprised if Lotus leaves the US market all together in the near future.

Take the Lambo franchise out of the equation, and Fox (aka, Lambo Chicago) has nothing left but a "high end used car dealership". And, since they are mostly squeezed out of the other makes (Ferrari, Bentley, Maserati, Aston Martin, McLaren), especially when it comes to service ability, by the other BIG PLAYERS in the Chicago area......... well, they are suddenly left a drift I would think. Plus, there is certainly no shortage of quality exotic used car dealers in Chicago --- they don't need another one that only has that to offer :(.

10. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Curious as to where all the Lambo owners are going to go for service.

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    An accountant could face up to 25 years in federal prison after pleading guilty Friday to embezzling tens of millions of dollars from a wealthy Chicago-area family and using the money to finance a luxurious lifestyle that included more than two dozen homes, private jets, yachts and a Lamborghini luxury car dealership.

Sultan Issa also admitted in a plea agreement with federal prosecutors that he stole millions more from individual investors, including $500,000 from a widow who trusted him to invest funds from her dead husband’s estate.

The plea agreement said Sultan sank another $15 million in stolen funds to pay expenses for Global Luxury Imports, a dealership he owned in Burr Ridge that sold Lamborghinis and other luxury vehicles.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-sultan-issa-65-million-dollar-fraud-20200110-ojxneip6yzdhjkaotdtywh4474-story.html

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Wow! That makes sense now. I purchased a Bentley from them back in 2017. No issues with the car but a month or two after they went completely dark.

13. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010