Portland Cars and Coffee | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Portland Cars and Coffee

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jonny Law, Apr 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    So Pandora made it twice! I think she has found a bunch of new friends!

2. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    That Lime Green 360 is SICK!

3. Dr. David

Dr. David Rookie

Mar 11, 2009
    Ok guys, please let me run this one buy you:

Cars & Coffee has always been a "Run-whatcha-brung" event, with people showing up with an incredible variety of automobiles and motorcycles. Indeed, that is what it is all about. Anything and everything is welcome, as it should be.

I don't know if this has been proposed before, anywhere, but how about adding a new dimension to this informal event: "Show-what-Ya-dun." People mingling about is great, but perhaps a short focused presentation may benefit everyone.

At 11.00 AM, there will be an opportunity for anyone, (possibly scheduled), to get up on their "soapbox" and share what he recently did, has done in the past, or is planning to do on his vehicle. This would allow for an educational opportunity for all of us, taking this "show" concept into another dimension. Limited to 5-10 minutes, with no commercial involvement, allowing feedback for suggestions, and questions after.

I personally am no "fabricator", but I have built some cars. I recently installed a front brake cooling duct system on my Ultima GTR. It isn't complete yet, but it may be before Saturday if there is interest in this format. There is fiber-glassing, and, although I did it "old school," there are certainly people in the crowd that have knowledge about water-cutting and laser-cutting.

Something to learn??... A weekly event??...Good idea-bad idea??...You tell Me!

Let's all have FUN!

4. Dr. David

Dr. David Rookie

Mar 11, 2009
    I meant to say 9 AM

5. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    FYI: Any Ferrari drivers at this Saturday's C&C may get some special treatment.
    Gotta show up to find out what it is...

6. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    Well thats just elitist mark!!! Ill be going down to medford to pick up a new addition ;)

Haithem

7. Erictpeterson

Erictpeterson Karting

Apr 4, 2013
    Must your F-car also be present? Or will you take Mark's word for it ...

8. Dr. David

Dr. David Rookie

Mar 11, 2009
    Ultima GTR Build Videos:
    You have seen the car at Cars & Coffee. I frequently am asked about what it takes to build one. I ran across these time-lapse build videos posted on You-tube of people actually building the Ultima GTR and thought perhaps someone might like to see them. Remember, just like everything, it is one step at a time!

Here are some of the steps:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDP9_5rQ1Rw]Building an Ultima GTR in client's garage (Time lapse) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFFKwGWKNo]Ultima GTR 720 Build - YouTube[/ame]

9. PlaysWithItalians

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Dr. Dave for the videos! Always interesting to watch and learn.
    See you at C&C.
    --Mark

10. 2aftercannonball

2aftercannonball Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    #338 2aftercannonball, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had a great time today, nice talking with all of you. Took a picture today that sums up the event. Btw after bragging that the Diablo has been so reliable, we lost the clutch fluid about a mile from the gathering. It was a 3 mile round trip walk to the auto part store, made it home safe!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Good to hear everything worked out.

12. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    When did the thunderbird show up? That looks amazing, I think i mustve hauled off before then.

13. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    They showed up just after there was the big right before 11:00 departure wave. Time stamp on the photo is 11:05 and I grabbed those shots within a few minutes of their arrival. I would have chatted with them more but my kids and the dog were sitting in the car having had enough at that stage.

My photos do not do the Thunderbird justice. It was incredibly well presented.

14. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    BTW I think we chatted i drove in with the land rover 101 FC

15. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    Then it was a pleasure to talk with you finally face to face.

The LR was a big hit! Both my kids looked at it and said something to the effect of "Dad you could get one of those too." I asked where we'd find parking space.

One of these days I should arrive there with a magic marker and a whole bunch of those sticky name tags just so I can start to keep up with who is who!

16. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Your Land Rover is awesome! I was one of the people drooling over it as well.

17. PlaysWithItalians

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wow! What a great turnout this Saturday, for both exotics and unique collectibles!

This is why we have been going strong for 4-1/2 years.

Thanks to everyone who comes out and enjoys the community which has grown around the cars!

18. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    #348 donv, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed