Ferrari's at goodwood revival? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's at goodwood revival?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ricardo, Sep 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think two issues are being conjoined here - Goodwood is a theatrical production and the producer decides who is eligible - it is noticeable that those who do not seem to recognise that are those who do not participate

As a contrast how much of how many of the cars at St James's Concours (for example) was original - the only car with only real soul was the the scruffy Bugatti - almost everything else had been restored beyond recognition and became as much a replica as the non-owner purists seem to be deriding for being allowed at Goodwood

2. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    #77 275GTBSaran, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. theowinstone

theowinstone Karting

May 27, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Theodore Winstone
    #78 theowinstone, Sep 16, 2013
    Charles gave me the original steering wheel from his 4 litre gto. It was made especially for Michel Paul Cavallier. Charles took it off in '66 in lieu of a generic gto wheel which he bought on a visit to the factory. It is made of ebony with ivory rivets - quite a thing. I'm going to put it on my first 250 :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Fabulous!!! I agree, that is, quite a thing!

5. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    What is the last million dollar or pound car you raced?

6. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Thanks for the write up! That green 275 is very cool.

7. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Great pictures

8. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    This response indicates that Enigma Kim does actively intend to defraud his audience. The time it takes to type or speak the words "my TDF replica" is equal to or less than "my rebodied TDF." The former is unambiguous and truthful. The latter is ambiguous. The message it's most likely to convey is "my TDF that was wrecked, or was a barn find of a partial original, then it was rebodied with a genuine TDF body." Kim's childish ad hominem response indicates that this is indeed the message he intends to communicate.

9. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I compete in all types of motor sport rally race sprint hill climb endurance rallying and tours what difference does the values make as long as you do it I don't under stand the question how is it relevant

10. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    The apology is mine.......and there is an inverse correlation between brains and lap time

Kim

11. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Not trying to add to the fire, but what would you call the ferris bueller day off California? It's for sure not the same: one is a rebodied Ferrari, the other a car built with a Chevy engine. To be honest I would not call it a replica tdf.

As to the general public, we have a classic car related business in the family, and at one event we had a 275 gtb. To be honest, the general public did not give it that much as a second look, so I guess no one would really understand the difference between tdf and rebodied tdf, or rebodied AS A tdf. This distinction is only important to us hardcore vintage Ferrari fans, I guess.

But I do agree that full disclosure is relevant, but have no problem with rebodied tdf, maybe because I know what it is, and for me it was clear the car was not being passed as something it wasn't.

12. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

You are taking my posts out of context and drawing an unfair conclusion.

I suggest you read Mr Lay's definition of Recreation and Period Rebodies.

"Replicas have never been allowed in Vintage, they belong in Off Topic - General Automotive" and "Recreations - car started its life as a Ferrari, still contains major parts (chassis/engine), but has been recreated into something it wasn't originally"

It may be longer to type then your incorrect definition but henceforth I will refer to my car as a TDF Recreation

Kim

13. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    These are one of these times where it would be nice to have an Icon on my computer which I could press and we could all go and have a beer together. Its healthy to argue and different viewpoints are normal. But its nice to see that in the end we all respect each others views. I learn from these conversations each time.

Goodnight from Zurich. E

14. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #89 Enigma Racing, Sep 16, 2013
    +1 and here is something to dream about
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #90 Enigma Racing, Sep 16, 2013
  16. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  17. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  18. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    +1

19. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    At least my posting your video has brought the above to your attention. The video captures very well, and reminds us, that motor sport is dangerous.

20. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I understand and agree with your point of view 100%. The reality is we can say that "money doesnt matter" to fix such a car, but the people that really care for these cars understand that they are custodians and shouldn't risk them for their history. Thanks for your answer.

21. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Yes thanks Steve, I've taken it up with Youtube

original is at

http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/Cars/2008%20revival.m4v

22. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    without words what a nice cars

23. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Having built and drive one of these I agree entirely with the above. Mine has a 289 engine, not a Chevy, and a few period Ferrari parts like the seats but I have not tried to fool anyone as to what it really is. Most, including a couple of cops, just want to look at it, ask questions and say what a great looking car it is. The only person so far who came close to being fooled was a Porsche guy who asked "Is it a real Aston Martin?" The car is as close to the real thing as I will ever be able to own, does look great in my driveway. and is a beast to drive. I will always take flak from some but anyone who spots it as a "fake" get my whole hearted approval. tongascrew

24. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #99 Enigma Racing, Sep 17, 2013
  25. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    I find this all quite amusing and know both the TDF's that raced at Goodwood very well.....The irony is that Kim's admitted TDF recreation not only looks the better car but probably has more original period parts in its construction than the other heavily butchered but matching numbers original......