Door mirror(s) on F355 | FerrariChat

Door mirror(s) on F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Christian Sasfai, Nov 2, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christian Sasfai

Dec 31, 2012
    Heath, Texas
    Full Name:
    Christian Sasfai
    I've had my F355 for about a year and have noticed that the passenger door mirror (which is NOT convex) provides virtually no visibility to that side of the car. Are convex mirrors standard on the opposite side of the driver (and mine has been replaced with a standard mirror?) or have any of you converted to a convex mirror (I found some supposedly for the F355) and seen improvement? Combined with the spider top, it causes nearly the entire right side of the car to be a blind spot for me. Thanks.

2. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a simple small stick-on convex mirror added onto both sides. They're round and about 1 1/2 inches diameter and placed on the outer edge of the existing stock mirrors. Came to me that way, placed by the previous owner. I thought them goofy at first, but now totally appreciate them. No more blind spots either side. Cheap too.

3. Tangospell

Tangospell Rookie

Nov 20, 2007
    Brentwood, West L.A.
    There's an old thread you can track down that solves this problem. OEM passenger mirror is flat and thus worthless. The old thread lists a part number for a Kia (horror of horrors) replacement mirror glass that is a very close fit for the 355. You do have to take the Kia glass to a glass shop and have them trim it a little bit. Then use double-sided tape to stick the Kia mirror to the 355 glass (which in theory is removable in case you want to go back, which you won't). Cost is very cheap. This is one of the best things I've done to my 355.

4. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Did you end up doing the Kia method or did you find another method? I also have issues with this mirror it actually is magnified so a car 5 car lengths away looks right behind me. And because its magnified cars right beside me dont appear because it's too zoomed in.

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Yassa and Pangea like this.
  6. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I actually found the receipt ;)
    $31.24 back in 2014.
    I just broke all the plastic off the Kia mirror, and used 2 sided tape.
    Somebody posted a thread years ago .........
    10 things to know/carry with a 355, something along those lines.

7. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    did you do this because you also had a magnified reflection of what was behind you? I never seen a car that has a side mirror that reflects the image super huge like what I have on my 355 right now.

8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  9. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I think mine was stock and just flat, you couldn’t see squat out of it.
    Thinking the one you have may be aftermarket ?
    Installed by a prior owner.