Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918 | Page 162 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by mpowered, Nov 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wtdoom

Wtdoom Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Agartha
    Full Name:
    WT Doom
    #4026 Wtdoom, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Mark , I'm telling you I can bench press 27000 kilos . Is that enough for you ?
    Do you think that just my word will be enough to be accepted among the powerlifting community ? I'll release a video of a part of my lift ... Is that good enough ?

Mclaren need to either just leave it or prove it . It's not enough to show a few seconds of video on a part of the ring the car works well and say that's it , we are the greatest . I know you are a great mclaren fan but Can you really , truly not see how silly all this sounds ?
    Are you guys brainwashed ?

Btw the bridge to gantry time is not a rumour , it was timed at 704 . You could say they have no idea if it was an all out lap , that's fair enough but to say they didn't time the car is factually incorrect mate . It was the fastest lap of the day and it was a 704 and they were not media but there were 2 people in the car .

I think so too but I know at speeds above about 170 the 918 will probably always be slower than the p1 as the front engine disengages . The limit has been raised from around 145 mph and the revs too , hence the new faster figures but it still disengages after about 160/170 .

2. Wtdoom

Wtdoom Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Agartha
    Full Name:
    WT Doom
    Yes I am almost certain of this too .

3. robinou30

robinou30 Karting

Jun 23, 2008
    P1 Acceleration, the one in Genesis blue, saw yesterday...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS8OsVxwT-M]McLaren P1 start up - HUGE Acceleration ! - YouTube[/ame]

4. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    as I expected, the 918 will get trounce on the acceleration comparison, they are a 100hp short and way too heavy.

5. Mark ANTAR

Mark ANTAR Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Mate, it's barely heavier than the P1 and has got more torque and nearly as much hp.

6. Mark ANTAR

Mark ANTAR Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Okay, it was timed and that was the fastest lap of the day, but it's still a rumour.

And please read my earlier post.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142735979-post4026.html

7. Wtdoom

Wtdoom Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Agartha
    Full Name:
    WT Doom
    #4032 Wtdoom, Nov 18, 2013
    Mark is correct , the weights are not that different . I expect the P1 to be over 1500 kg fueled etc and the 918 has over 300 pounds feet more torque with about the same ( slightly less) hp .
    We disagree on btg and the definition of the word rumour in this context( and that's fine ) but you ignore the rest of my post ?
    I'm genuinely interested that's all .

8. PAXAH

PAXAH Karting

Feb 23, 2013
    :D

9. Wtdoom

Wtdoom Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Agartha
    Full Name:
    WT Doom
    You are such a mischief ! Lol!

10. stockholm996TT

Apr 3, 2007
    In a lenghty Sunday Times interview this weekend FS confirmed a P1 time below 7 min, but he did not want to reveal the actual time. Quote: "We’ve gone way under 7 min and we’re happy".

In my eyes that sounds fast enough.

Porsche just released its final and improved acceleration figures, hitting 0-200 km/h in 7.2 sec and 0-300 in 19.9 sec with the Weissach package.

Times are good for super car lovers!

11. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #4037 bobzdar, Nov 18, 2013
  12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nismo time is very impressive. A Speciale will probably be slower.

Now, I hope all 3 supercars post a laptime faster than 6.45 to be at least 20s+ faster than the NISMO (1 sec per km roughly).

13. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    So they think its unsafe but went with the P1 ANYWAY and pushed the car and driver to lap under 7.00?

Conflicting nonsense from FS.

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The awd and computerization makes the 918 an idiot proof supercar, a 21st century engineering and technical tour de force-placed inside a late 20th century body design. The awd helps put the massive power to the ground, which helps in acceleration and drive out of low speed corners.

History repeats itself, the more things change, the more they stay the same, etc. In the 80s we had the 959 vs. F40 debate; fast forward to today and the debate still rages, although there is a new player in the game in the form of the P1. (Im leaving out other cars like the Pagani, Bugatti, etc.)

The question still remains and the answer lies within each individual-do you want the best car or the best driver's car? Fortunate are those who have the means to choose.....

15. DLC

DLC Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Upstate New York
    Full Name:
    David
  16. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Im sorry, but this thing sounds terrible. I wouldnt put down money for this. That noise proves you have a 12C engine. It bothers me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

17. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    7:04 may be A lap time but it is not THE lap time. Where it becomes a "rumor" is when someone applies the claim that it is the fastest time the P1 has circulated the Ring - their best time was far better than that. ;)

What Frank said was priceless actually, and the added quote included by PAXAH about a page ago in bold was most definitely from the same article you pulled your quote from.

Online exclusive: Q&A with Frank Stephenson, McLaren?s chief designer | Sunday Times Driving

>8^)
    ER

18. Wtdoom

Wtdoom Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Agartha
    Full Name:
    WT Doom
    #4044 Wtdoom, Nov 18, 2013
    You guys are like cult members , I'm so amused .

Listen that's why I specifically said " We disagree on btg and the definition of the word rumour in this context( and that's fine ) " but you like mark conveniently ignore the rest of my post .

What frank said is schizophrenic at best and an insult at worst Eric . In effect he is saying " the ring is dangerous , we wouldn't send anyone round it but we did send someone round it and got a great time but we are not going to tell you ( or prove it ) so there . Plus we challenge anyone at any track any time , err except the ring "
    It's a train wreck . It's priceless alright but not in the way you mean . Why do they keep digging ? Can't they just move on ?

Please Eric , please stop with the smarmy wink smileys , insinuating that you know something . Its very silly .You know nothing , not a jot . What you have heard or been told is not what you "know" . When we see a video , filmed and timed by independent witnesses even THEN we barely know something . As it stands you merely got Told something .

FYI I have just run the 100 metres in 6 seconds WHILE I WAS WRITING MY POST ( and in my pyjamas) .
    you want to call the Olympic committee or should I ? I can release a video of a PORTION of my run later if you like . You think that would be enough for them mate ?

19. DLC

DLC Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Upstate New York
    Full Name:
    David
    I guess it would be fair to say that you weren't a big fan of the Can Am cars of the 60's & 70's.

20. No Lotus

No Lotus Rookie

Mar 6, 2013
    I think our best hope is a public shaming campaign that grows in momentum.:D

Until we see video, no way P1 has gone sub-7:10.

21. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    I wonder what Sergio Perez thinks of the P1...

22. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Don't know what perez thinks but jensen is getting one, all carbon!

23. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I don't ignore what you write at all - I just don't always agree everything. :)

Why move on when they know what they know? What Frank said was brilliant based on their current position, and I don't think we're going to see them let it go, or for that matter, give away enough details for you and everyone else in the world to be "satisfied" with their results. Buy one and give it your own attempt if the P1's Ring time matters so much to you (not necessarily "you" but anyone who thinks this is so important that we have the number).

Okay fine, I know nothing. ;) But I trust that my sources know something, and I trust my sources. The story I have been told (not just from employees) hasn't changed in over a month from any angle and it's not the 6:47 time you floated either. I'll help you with your response - it must be some giant conspiracy perpetrated by Ron then. :rolleyes:

Again - this whole Ring thing isn't a REAL competition. The Olympic committee have rules and standards all participants must abide by and I am not sure showing up in your pajamas is going to qualify btw. :D There's nothing like that at the Ring so the times themselves are largely irrelevant anyway, especially if the goal is to offer comparison. Instead all we get is endless debate over them.

Gloss over where Frank said put them all on the same track the same day - level the playing field and then pick your favorite horse. He knows which one he would choose, and so do I. I even have $2 for the bet.

Look, I get that some will demand proof - I'm not here to convince anyone of something they don't want to believe. Their result may or may not be on the horizon but if/when it does arrive, I am not afraid to mention there will be a brilliant opportunity for me to say 'I told you so'. ;) <-- oops

>8^)
    ER

24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just read the final GTR variant, the Nismo GTR lapped the ring in 7:08 with under 600hp.

This might just be more impressive than any of these 3 when you think about it. How impressive it is will depend on how close it is to a road car vs race car.