Visiting Ferrari Modena - Advice? | FerrariChat

Visiting Ferrari Modena - Advice?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by dogstar6, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogstar6

dogstar6 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    So I am leaving for Venice in a couple days and I am taking one day and visiting all the Ferrari properties in and around Modena. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions in how to tackle all the properties (Both museums and track)? Thanks in advance!

2. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Unless you have a reserved tour you can't just walk in and tour the factory. You'll have access to the museum, store and you can catch a glimpse of the track if you walk along the roadway that is next to it. The museum and store probably have regular hours and are within a 1/8th of a mile from each other so you can see both in a couple of hours.

3. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I think you can take your title to the dealer and they can arrange the factory tour.

4. dogstar6

dogstar6 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  5. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    Try to get to the house of Enzo. It's an excellent museum and worth the ride. It's within walking distance from the train station. Try to hit this first then head to the museum. There is a shuttle service or you can taxi.
    If you spend the night try to stay at Maranello Village

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Yes. Getting into the MUSEUM TOUR is easy. Getting into the tour of the factory (assembly shop, engine shop, etc.) is where you will need an endorsement from an authorized dealer and a reserved spot on the tour. You can't just show up and go on a tour of the factory. The museum tour is a different tour.

7. dogstar6

dogstar6 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Well I guess I will be heading to a dealer this weekend! Hopefully they will endorse me :) Thanks for the great info!

8. Rosso_Corsa_360

Oct 31, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Kevin B.
    Both museums are definitely worth it! I wasn't sure how the house of Enzo would be compared to the museum at the factory, but it was awesome. They change the cars in there from time to time so it's always interesting. I went in December and they had a bunch of f1 cars which was awesome! Regarding the actual factory tour, try to get to your dealer ASAP. When I did it there was a form to fill out that the dealer has to send to the factory to work with a concierge so it can take a few days to hear back. Best of luck and enjoy!

9. Andrewo

Andrewo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2011
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Good luck. It took months for the dealer to get me a date.

10. dogstar6

dogstar6 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Filled out the form and the dealer sent it off to Ferrari North America Concierge yesterday. It's a long shot and my fingers are crossed!