Next California? | Page 48 | FerrariChat

Next California?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by churchy, Oct 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Looks very similar to the current one except for the huge rear diffuser!

2. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    755nm!!!!

Well, the transmission is going to get butchered!

Wow, that really worries me, I'm curious to see what they have done to make the gearbox handle that figure. The 7DCL750 is rated at max 750nm and is struggling on the low torque NA engines...

3. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I love it, much better than the previous big butt Cali.

4. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Here are the specifications:

ENGINE:

3855 cm3 90° V8 with fuel direct injection

412 kW (560 cv) @ 7500 rpm

755 Nm (77 kgm) @ 4750 rpm

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT

L: 4570mm (8mm longer than the outgoing Cali 30)

W: 1910mm (1mm wider)

H: 1322mm (equal)

Dry weight: 1625kg (5kg lighter than Cali 30)

WD: F47% R53% (equal)

The car on the pictures sits on Pirelli tires, but Bridgestone is also noted as a development partner. No Michelins like on the Speciale.

PERFORMANCE:

Vmax 316 km/h

0-100(62) 3.6s

Fuel consumption is 10,5/100km Combined cycle with HELE system (ECE+EUDC)

Co2 is 250 g/km Combined cycle with HELE system (ECE+EUDC)

5. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    I wish they had made a much lighter car than the current California. Italian "Dry Weight" of 1625kg will be close to 2 tons with full liquids...

6. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Add atleast around 100kgs yes.

Another thing that surprises me is that Apple is not on the list of development partners! It says Harman Becker on the infotainment.

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think this is going to be a monster success for the Factory. I have one on order but would you swap for an F12?

8. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That is the one thing that runs contrary to everything I learnt pre launch-strange.

9. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    after release the weight of Cali T anybody still believe that turbocharged 458 replacement will be lighter? turbo engine don't change weight of car

10. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Yes that and the fact that there is no information anywhere on the website about the gearbox. I would have expected some detail on what has been done to make it cope with the massive 755nm the engine is producing at 4.750rpm. I take it as a bad sign that there is no news, meaning that most likely that have only recalibrated and adapted the current unit towards the new car.

11. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxT40GOtL3s]Ferrari California T Premiere - YouTube[/ame]

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Huracan by a nose. I wish the T was more radical and aggressive styling wise.

It's pretty much a draw. The Jag F type is a bit more aggressive and interesting than the T. But the Jag doesn't have this power and doesn't have a folding hard top. It also doesn't have the T's price.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I can almost guarantee you that we know more about this car than 90% of the US salesmen out there now. I can never figure out why Ferrari doesn't inform the sales people better in advance of a product launch.

14. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I LOVE IT!!!! GREAT JOB, FERRARI!!!! As for the previous info we all gathered, the only part that didn't match with what I was expecting is the hood. I was told it would be one reverse (extractor) scoop like the F12's, not a twin. I think the twin scoops look fantastic!!! Everything else as far as appearance is pretty much as described/thought. Engine is as described. I, too, was looking for some mention of the Apple set-up. The gentleman I spoke with described that at length. Beautiful car!!! I imagine it will look even better in person!

15. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    #1191 deppi0, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Why do you think recalibration only will be an issue? Mercedes recalibrated the same box and it worked perfectly with 650Nm of torque.

Hopefully they have done a good job with it

By the way thanks for the screenshots from the video. Totally agree with you, looks much better than the released pictures.

What are the light strips at the back?

16. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Mayor, I imagine you must have thought exactly what I did upon seeing the first image: Jaguar F-type! In my book, that's not a bad thing. The Jag looks fabulous in person. I'm not implying any type of copy/mimicry from Ferrari. I'm saying that the same sexy, elegant lines, and aggressive haunches of the Jag...the excitement they inspire...hit me immediately upon seeing the California T. With all due respect to the current California, I think the T design seems more cohesive, is easier on the eye, and presents a bolder...more dashing...look. From the looks standpoint...and we'll discover more about the engine/transmission qualities, etc.....I think Ferrari has a clear and BIG winner in their hands!!

17. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Because the gearbox which is already the toughest in Getrag's range is only rated for 750nm! And Ferrari are obsessed with shift times!

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Can we get all three threads amalgamated please?

19. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    current DCT has no clutch issues with V12,im sure it will hold this V8 ,900nm torque

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This is what the California should been from the start.

21. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Current DCT has too many issues with the outgoing California and not to mention the 458... You can read all about it here on FChat.

22. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    they don't put any audio file with exhaust sound at website like they did with Laferrari?

23. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Unfortunately no. But perhaps we'll see a video of the car running withing a few days?

24. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    sadly they don't give car into hands of journalists before geneva