Houston C&C probably over with. | FerrariChat

Houston C&C probably over with.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by triple-x, Mar 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    #1 triple-x, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There was a huge discussion last night about idiots overrunning the Houston C&C for months.

I personally posted that it would only a matter of time before some IDIOT peeling out would crash.

Well some IDIOT was peeling out & crashed today just as I said it would happen due to the wet roads.

The car was in pretty bad shape. Lucky no one got hurt or killed.

There were also 3 cars that got keyed at today's event.

The cars were keyed up pretty bad to the point they WILL need a new paint job.

TWO THUMBS DOWN to the idiot(s) that probably ruined it for everyone.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mark5scuba

mark5scuba Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark Ross
    What cars got keyed? Please tell me it wasn't our beloved Ferrari's...

3. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    No thank goodness. One brand new BMW.

I don't know what other brand(s), I just it heard it from others that were taking pictures of the car that wrecked.

4. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Car really does not look that badly damaged. What do you mean it's lucky no one got killed? Accidents happen everywhere. Cars get keyed everywhere too. Why would it lead to the end of this gathering?

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Since you have never attended the event you deserve some insight from someone who has attended the event on several occasions both there and at the original venue.

If the car was wrecked pulling out of the complex onto Louetta, which is a heavy traffic road, there could have been injuries or even a death, never say never. Yes cars get keyed everywhere but this event started on Post Oak with a very courteous and respectful group of people and I never once heard of cars being keyed there. This event has now in reality outgrown it self and the age group has fallen so there are a lot of attendee's with that "Ricer/Thug" mentality, it is almost a "turf war" of sorts. 90% of the attendee's are very kind and courteous but it only takes a few fools to ruin a good thing.

A lot of people drive 50+ miles just to attend so on that note I may look into a few idea's I have about a new location.

6. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Let me try to simplify this for you. I own a Ferrari if i was told cars got keyed at a event. Why would I take a chance of attending. Hence less cars, less people.

The second part of this is. What's to say those same people are not going to show up at any other car event?

Hope that helps.

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You are correct. I have contacted someone about moving the C&C event to his property with a few suggestions regarding attendance as well as "on sight" security. It will play out if it is meant to be but if not I have a few other idea's in mind. It's a shame really that this has happened because I have met so many great people at C&C who I consider friends.

8. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    That's a shame as I am finally getting a car worthy of attending and was looking forward to going!

It's really frustrating to see cars getting keyed at all, but especially at this kind of event. What really drives me nuts about it is that if it has wheels and a motor, on some level I like it. I even like low riders!! There are so many people in the world who don't like cars at all that I can't figure out why those of us who do often need bs things to argue about!

9. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    One of the great things about C&C is that it did not matter what you drove, true car fans have many likes.

10. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I didn't take pictures of the driver's side because the police would not allow me on that side of the car. It was crushed driver's air bag deployed.

Zack the organizers were warned by the business owners that if the punks continue to disrupt business by punks peeling out revving engines it's over.

If I had my high end coin store in that high end plaza paying high end rent and PUNKS scarring my high end clients I would be looking for a new place to do business.

My friend is going to start a new venture in the next month or two. Unless you have a super car you can't get in no ifs ands or butts.

11. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I drive up from Galveston about a 90 mile drive each way.

I used to enjoy waking up my son at 4am getting him ready and leaving by 5am so we can get there by 7am.

It's truly father & son thing. I would get my coffee then he would go to the cars he likes and stand back as he takes pictures of them with his own camera for a couple of hours. (my kid is only 6)

Then we would caravan a bunch of Lambo's go have lunch then hang out at Luigi's playing wanna be mechanic and maybe go to Luigi's house so the kids can play. My kid looks forward to that every month.

Yesterday's chain of events ended it for us. Not because of the idiot crashing maybe not even for the cars getting keyed, but for the one idiot that got pissed off at someone and tried to run them over a couple of times and my kid was in the middle of it taking pictures of cars.

If I didn't step in and push some guy out of the way he would have been run over and my kid was only a few feet from that.

The guys with Lambos are done with the event. Luigi takes at least 3-4 of his own Lambos to the event. He's done with it and is going to start his own gathering which we'll be more than happy to attend.

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    In all honesty the current location has been doomed for at least the past year. I strongly believe that new events should not be public knowledge or advertised openly. Once a foundation/location is established with said participants and respectful attendee's it should be Masonite in it's secrecy. Yes this is sad but could be the only way to have a truly fun event and dare I say a good reason to BBQ ie feed the people.

13. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
  14. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Impressive driving skills.

15. D. Antonio

D. Antonio Karting

Dec 30, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    I was planning to travel from San Antonio to Houston this June or July to attend this cars and coffee. I hope it doesn't close for good.

16. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Slick streets with no brain equals "My parents will be pissed and drop me from their already overly extended policy". The driver needs a Metro card.

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The bigger these events get, the more they can attract drama. The same thing has happened at the Dallas meets over the years, other members here had their cars damaged buy careless dullards not watching what they are doing. I caught someone using the 348ts quarter panel as a chair while they were texting back in 2012, I asked the person not sit on the car & in return I get a scorned stare like I did something wrong. Even some of it was intentional when Classic BMW had their new car inventory all keyed up buy some kids. Kind of the reason I stopped attending, plus it's an hour drive for me from West Fort Worth.

18. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    That would be superb, in general C&C is missing the variety and exclusivity that would be expected - I like all manner of automobiles but I'm certainly not excited by the massed ranks of tin that appear at some un-godly hour for prime spots - okay they meet the 'car' requirement but isn't this aimed at cars that are not seen on a daily basis !

19. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    ^^^^ I don't even think some of those cars meet the coffee requirement let alone the "car requirement".

20. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #20 WJHMH, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Tree WINS! He's got a redbull decal on his car. Gives you wings to fly into trees. lol

22. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Do they have police sitting at the exits? Because up here in DFW, Plano PD brings out a few of their Tahoes to join everyone else and discourage that type of behavior.

23. mark5scuba

mark5scuba Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark Ross
    When did the Hyundai become an exotic?

24. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    There were a few LEO's at the entry/exit last time I attended and a few walking around the crowd.

25. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    I could not agree more :)