360 at Switchcars | FerrariChat

360 at Switchcars

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ron328, Mar 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #1 Ron328, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Hello fellow chatters. I am in the market for a 360 red cpe. I want to check this car out:

SwitchCars.com - 2004 Ferrari 360 Red

It looks really nice. Anybody knows the car? I'd appreciate ANY input or comment you have.

2002 or later 360s, I noticed, are priced at 80-85k or above. Switchcars is asking $104k. I plan to trade in my
    328. What do you think?

Ron

2. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks like a great car. Seems to be nicely optioned. Has front and rear challenge grills, spare tire, fire extinguisher, and the seats. A little high in price in my opinion, but what I would do is sell your 328 outright instead of trade it. 328 prices seem to be going up so you may bridge some of the gap.

The plus is that it has the major, and did I mention the AWESOME seats. I think around 90K-95K would be about right for this car. At 104 your into Spider territory or sub 10,000 miles cars. The 6 speeds are getting tougher and tougher to find, so that plays a little into it but is certainly not worth the extra 10-15K difference.

3. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Very nice car. Should have two black fobs by the way but it does have the flashlight. Oh and make sure it has the factory alarm code and that it works -- could save you thousands on a new alarm ECU down the road.
    Alan

4. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Somebody else here was asking about that car...maybe 2 or 3 months ago. You should find that thread and see what he found out about the car. I've looked at it just a bit...but passed cause I don't like those seats.

5. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    I agree with the above posters; however, I would put the price more around 80-85k. It is not a spider, it is above 11k miles, but is nicely optioned.

I would also recommend selling the 328 outright, depending on condition and service history.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Deiger

6. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    I like those seats. You don't see these very often on the 360. Agree that price is a little high for that mileage despite a fully optioned car with recent major service. The 6 speed is a plus though.

7. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    Personally - I don't like the seats, but that is a matter of opinion.

This car should sell for about $90K if everything is in excellent order and everythign is there and everything looks about perfect on inspection.

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This will be a good car to watch to see how strong the market is for manual cars. The seats are medium size so if you are a real big dude they might not work for you. The upside to this is you could sell them and buy whatever Ferrari seats you want in place and still have money left over.

When I was shopping a year ago there was one guy asking 104 for his perfect manual car and it was black. I don't know what happened to that car, it had half the miles IIRC. I think if you get out the door under 100 you have a good deal. The buyer of this car will be a guy like me who wanted a 430 but then realized that having a perfect 360 and a big wad of cash in the bank was a better fit. (assuming the car is perfect or darn near)

Thats low miles, last year for manual stick 360,etc, etc... Good luck

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very pretty 360. Good luck with your purchase.

10. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    THANK YOU all. Appreciate your input. I have the same thought on the price but I understand it is "asking." If this checks out fine, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a well-sorted "dream" car (but certainly not 100k). As a fellow chatter told me, "we only live once."

Agree with selling (rather than trading-in) the 328 except for the time constraint.

I will keep you guys posted.

Best,
    Ron

11. Buckynsparty

Buckynsparty Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    MI/AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    FWIW, I bought my 05 F430 from Doug at Switchcars - he is a great guy, very knowledgable and a good communicator. Highly recommended.

12. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Didn't they make gated shifter coupes in 2005 for at least half of the year, before the 430 launch? I know gated spiders exists, but unsure if gated coupes were made also.

Deiger

13. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have only heard that spiders were made for 05

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I haven't purchased anything from Doug, but I agree, he's a really nice guy and very knowledgeable.

...with that said, I think he should let me test drive this car. Sport seats and a stick?!? My cup o' tea for sure.

15. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Nice but 80 max Mileage AINT low and its a coope seats are a bit RAPPER for me 80 max!

16. Aorta

Aorta Karting

Nov 17, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jared
    $80k for a well optioned 2004 with 11k miles and a gated shifter would be a flat out steal!! Not a good deal...a smokin deal. I'd say $90k is closer to reality...maybe slightly more. Good luck!!

17. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Blair, you need to recalibrate for the rarity of the manuals IMO. The manual 430's are all but gone so then the next best thing are the gated 360's and this one has it all. I hope the next owner is an F-Chat person so that we can try and find out what it went for but if you want a car like this you could wait a while for the next one to happen along.

FWIW ~500 miles a year is about what you would want a car to be driven to keep in touch with it's health. Now if it was 6 owners then no but one or two would be a great find IMO.

18. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I looked at this car twice, sat in it twice, and lost sleep over it. ITS PERFECT. I can't repeat that enough, PERFECT. Doug, the owner, is fantastic, and this car needs nothing. Don't bother thinking you'll get it for $90 - not going to happen. He will let it sit till someone realizes what it is - a PERFECTLY CLEAN, SERVICED, RED, 6 SPEED 360. The seats are mediums, I weigh 190, and it was a 'snug' fit.

If you want a 360 stick, just buy it at $100 - and when someone says you overpaid for your very rare find, ask them how much they paid for their PERFECT 360 stick...

19. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    I totally agree, too many guys come on her and say how the car shouldnt sell for more than this or that and the funny thing is alot of them DONT EVEN OWN A FERRARI, ..Bottom line clean, well maintained, low miles and fully documented no story cars with gated 6spd manual make these cars worth every penny...If you love the car buy it!!!!

way too many tire kickers out there wasting the sellers time not to mention the negative condescending posts

20. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    While I completely agree with what you said concerning the value of the 6-speed manual and the "yapping" of the uninformed tire-kickers...one certainly does NOT have to own a Ferrari to understand the market and values. I have seen as many, if not more "misguided" valuations from Ferrari owners than non owners. IMHO...the bottom line on the manual cars is...if I see someone saying "there is no premium, they are plenty of them available, it's priced too high, etc."...that tells me that they don't know the market...simple as that. BTW...I do not own a Ferrari...but I'm working on it.

21. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    Allen I wasn't referring to you the an educated interested future ferrari owner doing his research nor a buyer and the threads Orignator but rather the others giving opinons and advice who I mentioned

Hoping your quest becomes a rality..I know how Ifelt when my 360 arrived safe and sound..

Adam

22. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #22 Ron328, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Good to hear everybody's opinion. A brief update:

First off, somebody (a close relative) is doing all the inquiry (including future negotiations) for me. He also got me my 328 in Dec 2002.

He had good things to say about Doug. He was knowledgeable, straightforward, no-BS guy. He has turned down an offer of 97k for the car in the past.

I'm giving it a serious thought. I'd say it is worth paying extra thousand bucks for the RIGHT car. But I also have to discuss with my better half why the budget $ is going up. (I know, I know... it is easier to ask for forgiveness :)). 6 months ago (when I started my research; I was uninformed), I mentioned that a 360 can be had for 75k. As i am learning more (and continue to) about the market, I said $85-90k for a good and late model car. Then, I found this car. Yesterday, she said "Huh...I thought it was only 75k." :)

23. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    If it truly is the right car for you that's great but that pricing represents a hefty premium in my eyes and I am not sure why. Maybe it's the best of it's kind? I recently shopped for a later model coupe and bought a 2003 after looking for many months and the pricing of this car just seems high for any 360 coupe and I saw quite a few. This to me is the equivalent of paying over msrp for a new, desirable car and that might be a good anaolgy for both supply/demand and, if you care at all, for resale (greater depreciation after you buy it). In the end you do what you are comfortable with and just lie about it afterward (kidding).

24. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    I agree with the comments above, however keep this in mind too, The driving season is about to start so prices do bump up more now and going forward until the fall so if you do want to make your purchase this is the most expensive time to buy especiaslly from dealers..

my 2 cents

25. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yeah rookie mistake right there! LOL