What People Do When They See A Ferrari. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

What People Do When They See A Ferrari.

Discussion in '360/430' started by randomguy, Nov 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Well, I only have my 360 (first Ferrari for me) since last week, but drove about 1,000 km (600 mls) already. A few memorable reactions so far:

- A guy (about 40) took a picture of the engine through the glass window at a gas station. I opened the bonnet for him to get a better picture and offered him to sit in the car (of which I took a picture with his mobile phone). As he got out of the car, he actually had tears in his eyes!!! That was a special moment for me too.

- As I slowly drove by, I heard a woman say to another "stupid sh*t car"...

- This afternoon, a group of Italian tourists yelled "Ferrari!!! Made in Italy!!!" :)

- My car has been photographed while driving downtown by several young carspotters. I took five of them for a ride and they were very happy. For three of them the first Ferrari-ride in their life! See here for some really nice pics one of them took: Ferrari 360 Modena - 4 March 2014 - Autogespot

- As I was waiting at a red traffic light (no revs, no loud music, or any behaviour like that), I heard one girl say to another "show-off".

- Little boys shout WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! when they see the Ferrari :) (happened on several occasions)

- Today I heard a middle-aged woman say (in a disappointed way): "not a handsome man though". It made me laugh out loud and I politely said "thank you" with a big smile :D

-And generally: lots and lots of people taking pictures of my car - at the traffic lights, while driving through town, out of other cars on the Autobahn - sometimes it makes me feel like being a celebrity, although of course it´s the car that´s the star, not me ;)
    When I drive through town and there´s nobody behind me, I´ll usually stop when I see someone take a picture of my car (to allow the picture to be good) and give them a thumbs-up and a smile - the people usually seem to get very happy by that.

Also, like other owners have written here, I try to be a good ambassador for Ferrari - by letting lots of pedestrians cross the street whenever I see them waiting, allowing pics everywhere, letting people sit in my car and give rides to those that really love it. It´s simply a really nice feeling to make other people happy with my Ferrari and to share the passion with them!

Ciao,

Lars

2. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Good for you Lars...keep the good times rolling!

3. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Lars, it's amazing how a machine can bring such joy to so many. You the man for being such a gentleman and how you relish those priceless moments. G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    good man Lars, always be nice, it's just one quick bad behavior everyone thinks Ferrari owners are all like that, kinda stupid but that's people's logic.

5. Robdownunder

Robdownunder Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Filling up at petrol stations in the 430 is captivating for sure.
    People just never see one up real close.
    Rob

6. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    It's axing how a car can evoke such emotion!!!! Some extremely positive and some to the point of hatred!!!! Amazing but true!!!! The car has passion for sure!!!

7. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The first time I drove mine to work there was a steady audience. Many were in disbelief as to what they were seeing. I work on an Air Force base and a Ferrari is not a common sight. I've been on this base for 13 years and have seen 3 others before mine (F355 spider, 512TR, 308 GTS). My wife also works on base so when I went to pick her up all of her coworkers came out to see it. As the crowd gathered, one guy came out of the building to ask what happened. A couple standing in front of the building blurted out, "There's a Ferrari over there!!" Pretty funny.

8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Axing ? please define. ..

9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I had a little kid shout out " that's not even your car" lol what was that about

10. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Yesterday I was driving down the main street of my neighbourhood and a guy was walking passed my ride. So he yells out f;:,$ you!

I don't know this guy so I guess he is pissed off about me driving a Ferrari? So minutes later I go back down the same street and here he is walking across it...so I launch all 400 ponies at him, not to hit him but just to scare him.
    He totally shat himself and ran like gump

Thinking back I should of just ignored him but....

11. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Wow, you guys need a better response for "how much does it cost" over on the Lotus forum we all answer with $25 per pound new(about $50k since the car weighs a hair under 2,000 pounds). That really gets people confused and yet most are satisfied with the answer.

I have had people ask me who makes a Lotus, people ask if its a Lamborghini(never been asked if it's a Ferrari)

When driving a Maserati Quattroporte I had a guy get in the back seat while I was waiting for my friends to come out of 7 eleven. I had been talking to the guy for a bit but then he's like" I wanna sit in yo car" and gets in the back.

I was out in a Gallardo one day and pulled up to a 4 way stop with a new 997 to my right, guy just stared for a while, but I was 24 at the time and guy in the Porsche was in his 60s, he looked baffled to see a young guy in the car, because he stared at me more than the car.

I was walking out of a WinCo(cheap low end grocery store in the PacNW) when I see a guy getting out of a Ferrari 328, I yell out "Nice Ferrari, I have the other Italian" he looks the the Maserati a few spaces away and laughs and goes inside.

Last one, I was at my local Lotus club fall track day and a guy comes up to look at my car saying he and his son LOVE Lotus cars and they have never seen so many before, he tells me how he has always wanted to sit in one and I tell him sorry, you can't just sit in it but you can ride in it! He looked a little baffled as I handed him a helmet and said go sign the waiver your going on track in 5 minutes, he had the ride of his lifetime. I always try to pay it forward, I bought a helmet while in College and would go to the track and ask for rides in other exotics and received a lot of free rides so I always take people out in my cars now.

12. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    thats when you get in, roll the window down tell him " tell your dad ill bring it back with a full tank" and drive off and shoot a flame! lmfao

13. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    That´s really nice, well done!

14. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Today a guy asked me "can I took some pics"?
    I agreed.
    We had an interesting conversation on his previouses cars and on his "wish list", he was a nice guy.
    I let him seat in her, and he was very happy for this.
    He asked "can I drive it?" But I denied it.
    However, I met him 10 minutes later and we had a coffee break.
    Talking about cars and about my local track (Vallelunga) when I've been there.
    That's cool because it could be a good friendship.
    If I have to be honest: I don't like the guys who want be my friends only because of my car; that's a little bit hypocritical.
    Therefore he seems a nice one.
    This could be a good friendship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

15. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    :D

16. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    him asking to drive it is a bit presumptuous, and I'd be annoyed

17. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I was following a school bus on a rural road for quite some time. I was watching the kids in the bus and they were oblivious to the fact that a F50 was cruising behind them for almost 5 minutes.

Then one kid saw the car, his eyes bugged out of his head, and pointed at me while screaming. In a flash there was a sea of little faces plastered onto every square inch of glass on the back of that bus. It looked like a tank crammed full of sucker fish. I was wondering when the bus was going to tip backwards honestly.

I don't know how many ipad/smartphone pics of my car were taken that day but I am pretty sure every boy on that bus had atleast 50. LOL

18. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I do like the school bus situations. Yesterday, I had my 360 out for about a 30 minute drive. As I was leaving the street to my home, a school bus comes to the intersection and stops. Lets many neighborhood kids out, there were like 6 of them - boys & girls all about middle-school age. The bus door opened directly in front of my car, depositing the kids on the pavement about 15 feet in front of me. They all stopped dead in their tracks, at the foot of the school bus exit. Then, several seconds later, they started jumping up and down shouting "we love your car!!" I smiled and waved to them all as I sat. The bus driver had to remind them to get the hell out of the road...

It was nice. Having had such a LONG and AWFUL winter, I've forgotten the simple joy this car brings to people that see and hear it.

19. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares

Yeah agree!

20. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
    Great post, I had someone yell out the other day "Nice Lamborghini". Coming out of a 3rd Gen Dodge Viper for 6 years Ive never had the same reaction out of anyone over that car compared the the reactions you get from a Ferrari. Its crazy, I also sat and starred at it in the garage for 2 hours the other night just tinkering around hoping the snow will leave...

21. tscud

tscud Karting

Jan 16, 2014
    San Diego
    I hesitated to buy a ferrari for many years and had porsche's instead, due to the unwanted attention a ferrari gives. After getting a tiny bit bored with a well modified GT2, I had to have a taste. I don't really drive any where to park it, but while out on drives the reaction is usually positive and people just seem so happy to see the car.
    I also must say even though the performance is not on the same level the driving enjoyment is on a much higher level. Many friends who have been in both cars express the same feeling.

22. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    +1 my sentiment and friend's sentiment exactly regarding the driving enjoyment.

Regarding attention, I still get more attention from younger people in the GTR. More heads turn at the 458, but not the mad rush of youth that happens with the GTR.

23. Blesset

Blesset Karting

Mar 20, 2006
    texas
    Full Name:
    mas
    My experiences have mostly been very positive. The exception caught me off guard.

Saturday afternoon in downtown fw sitting at a red light with my 4 year-old son and next to us was a restaurant with a large outdoor patio where they have a band playing on the weekends. Band was on break and there were probably around a 100 people there. this guy yells out (really loud) "hey nice fiero!". He was standing on the patio to my left and his yell got everyone to turn to look. I thought about saying something but nothing came to mind and then I thought maybe I should give him a rev of the factory racing exhaust to shut him up but in the end I just continued my little banter I was having with my son and ignored him. Light turned green a few seconds later and we drove off.

Jealousy is an ugly color indeed.

24. Ferrari-F1

Ferrari-F1 Karting

Jul 12, 2013
    Southern California
    people see their unfulfilled dreams being driven away by others and get jealous. Its nothing new and is only a negative reflection on society in general. Some people just don't believe in capitalism...

25. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    +1