Your hypothetical matched pair of Vintage Ferraris. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your hypothetical matched pair of Vintage Ferraris.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Mar 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrkasifs

mrkasifs Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Greetings all. I've been lurking here for years but somehow feel compelled to put in my 2 cents on this one. Very difficult to choose so if permitted I'll hedge a bit and pick two coupes and two open cars.The later (series 4?) 250 TDF, great race history and still one of my favorites after all these years, and a 275 GTB4 , to me one of the most timelessly beautiful PF designs.
    As for the open cars, I'd have to go with a 166 Barchetta, what started it all in my mind and an S1 PF cabriolet.

2. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #27 Bryanp, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For about 10 years, my family owned what I think is an interesting combination of vintage Ferraris; a1955 500 Mondial and a 1968 365GT2+2. These cars for me represent the two ends of the spectrum for Ferrari in the early days; the raucous 4 cyl Lampredi 50's racer - crude, spare, and brutal purpose-built race car, and then the last of the big-curvy 4.4 liter Colombo v-12 1960s Pininfarina grand tourers.

Couldn't be more different in terms of driving experience, but both pure Ferrari.
    (first pic by A. Menasce)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Good memories Bryan.
    The LM and Mondial(s) were a good combination...but the Daytona comp with the 300S (albeit not an F car) are little bit more civilized. After all we are getting older!
    Best to you, family and the Admiral.
    P

4. xxxxx77

xxxxx77 Rookie

Nov 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My two favorite are 0515 and 0403 .. But I can dream ..
    Just for the fun, I'd like to own a Dino 206 S or a TdF !

Forza Ferrari !