Concorso Italiano Palm Desert 2014 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Concorso Italiano Palm Desert 2014

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Jaguar 15, Dec 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm leaving Sherman Oaks on Saturday at 1:00 pm. Anyone want to caravan down to Palm Desert?

Peter

2. RED TESTAROSSA

RED TESTAROSSA Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2009
    So. Calif.
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Word to the wise....be careful where you park your car on El Paseo unless you want an Alberta, Washington or Illiniois license plate stamped on your hood. People back up until they hit your car, go forward until they hit that car, then back up an inch and they are good to go....[/QUOTE]

LOL! You forgot Oregon! If you are going to El Paseo and do not want to park on the street you may want to consider the top floor of the parking structure located on the south side of the street, opposite Starbucks, that runs for a block behind the stores. Do not enter the structure from the Sullivan's Restaurant entrance as the driveway apron is steep and you will scrape.

Note: It has been very windy here all week. If it continues this weekend you may want to get off on the Palm Springs turn off of the 10 Freeway and just take Highway 111 or other side streets to wherever you are going instead of continuing on the freeway to Palm Desert. You can get seriously sandblasted if you remain on the freeway between the Palm Springs turn off and Palm Desert/Indio during windy conditions.

3. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    yup you are correct..forgot Oregon...Also Beautiful British Columbia, and these are the people with brand new Rolls Royces and Bentleys. I could make a comedy film about parking on El Paseo from what I have seen there.

Might also throw in, be careful crossing the street on El Paseo. The "ol folk" don't bother stopping for stop signs or cross walks...don't assume they will.

4. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I promise to stop for everyone and if necessary will even act as a crossing guard. Toni and I should be leaving Saturday morning and looking forward to seeing everyone. Stay well.

Mel

5. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Hearing about the parking...I think I will keep the car at Shadow and walk to
    Paseo, looks like only 4-5 blocks and I need the exercise anyway !
    We are leaving Riverside later in the morning on Saturday, taking the Pines
    To Palms "scenic" route, anyone else taking this route ? Meet up....

6. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    We are open for a meet up.....some past post talked about dinner meet up also....
    Any firm plans yet ? F-Chat dinner ?

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    How many are going to the art gallery event on Saturday evening? It should be a good place to connect and maybe plan something for afterwards.

8. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    LOL we need to have a talk :)

9. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Hey guys, I sold my TR so I will not be displaying her... :( but I will be there.

10. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Pretty sure we're leaving around 1, 1:30 pm Saturday. I'm on Beachwood near the 101 and my buddy is in Glendale... We'll need to pick a place to meet...
    Ross

11. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    well.... looks like i'm suffering from a low/dead battery after being away in singapore for 10 days. battery is only 6 months old so that's a surprise to me. that having been said, i'm assuming that the issue will resolve and we'll be there on friday.

@zcobra1; @trojanfan; @jaguar 15 - we are going to the art gallery saturday (along with another couple we are friends with), and are game for dinner afterwards (and/or something before). i've heard that reservations are important, so we may want to pick a place and get a table if there are enough folk coming.

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

I will be at the art gallery with my pregnant wife. Let's all try to meet up there at the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Zcobra, I'm sure you know, be VERY careful on Pines to Palms, nice ride but, like Ortega Highway, many head-ons with drunks and motorcycles. Know someone that was killed last September on that road...head on.

I went to Palm Desert yesterday for a meeting....extremely windy on 111 past the Palm Springs offramp. Think sandblast! Whatever day you go, the earlier in the day you leave, the better.

Here are a few ideas with Gallery in mind from 5:30 to 7:00PM.

1) We could meet Saturday at 4:00-4:30 PM at my condo for cocktails, munchies and get a great Ferrari pic in front of the fountain or clubhouse as the joint is Tuscan style. Stir up the 'ol folk there with your Tubi's. The Gallery is a 5+ minute drive then wing it from there.

2) For dinner,personally, I love Il Corso and Firecliff on El Paseo. Castellis on 111 also. I know that the group heading up the event will be at Il Corso. It is the current "IT" place to see and be seen in town. I spoke to Patricia the owner/chef of Firecliff last weekend and mentioned a Ferrari group may show up for dinner. We need to let her know as they WILL book up. Reservations at the nicer places is a must.

3) A no hassle parking (or getting reservation) idea is dinner back at the clubhouse (so, so) which can accomodate everyone easily. From a 10 person private dinning room to 300 people. We could even eat outdoors if the weather works?

Now, Ideas for if anyone gets into town earlier Saturday...Stop by my place (I'll be there all day).....bocce ball, limoncello, play pool, more limoncello, sit out by club pool (has cabanas to get out of sun), limoncello, BS and talk cars, more limoncello...passout and miss the gallery. Just kidding....

I'm open to any suggestions. The condo is on Country Club Dr. between Portola and Monterey. Called Villa Portofino...can't miss the Italian flags along Country Club Dr. I can post my phone number or PM me.....

14. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If your buddy is in Glendale, maybe meet somewhere along the 134 at 1:30? 134 to 210 freeways usually has less traffic than the 10 freeway. Do you know of any meeting spot near the freeway there?

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    JAGUAR 15:

I'm game for any of your suggestions. I haven't been out to the Palm Desert area for years so I really don't have any idea of what is going on. I'll have my wife with me and should be in the area, traffic and sand storms permitting, around 3:30. Leaving Sherman Oaks at 1:00 and hoping to meet up with a few others along the drive in.

Driving a Red/tan F355 spider.

16. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Ok, there's a Starbucks at the Pacific Ave exit off 134 fwy. Make a left from the off ramp and its on the lhs.
    Meet there at 1:30pm Saturday. Parking is a pain but we can just double park...
    I'll be driving a TDF Blue 360 Spider

17. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    What ? You just got it back after that "duel" with the devil 18 wheeler !

Haig, need some advice on a 1031 ...... So will see you at Palm Desert.

18. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    We hope to get there by 1 or so, so time to explore/make new friends before check
    in, I will pm you my cell, so we can see what is happening.
    First time staying in PD, so open to anything. Easy going so we will go with the
    flow and take lead from the "vets"....

I can commit to a dinner place, Corso, Fireclift, casual, whatever, if we can get others
    to commit, that is the challenge.
    A dinner list started a few pages back, and died on the vine....

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

That's very generous of you.
    I'm pretty open as well sat afternoon. A pre gathering would be nice.

20. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    @jaguar - sat afternoon sounds great! sending PM now.

21. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    @Jaguar, will head over to your place after we arrive.
    Thanks for the invite.

22. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Ok folks...I'm sure most are not sure what you are up to yet...but if you decide to stop by:

The complex is Villa Portofino....address is 4001 Via Portofino which is the entry street for the complex along Country Club Dr. between Portola and Monterey. Look for the Italian flags along Country Club. Pull up to the entry gate for directions...I will be there all day Saturday...come and go with the flow....Should be a nice time with new friends...My number is (949) 842-1056 ....just in case you are Jake from State Farm and wearing khakis.

BTW: Armandos', my favorite Mexican restaurant on El Paseo caught fire last night. Not sure of the damage, but you might want to check if you had reservations there.

23. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I expect to be in PD around 3:30+/-. Meeting up with Formula1r in Glendale for the drive in and planning to stop by at Jaguar 15's for the pre gathering before the Gallery.

Anyone else driving in Saturday afternoon that wants to meet up?

I have no plans for dinner and was on the earlier dinner reservations list. Still have no plans. If anyone who knows that are is making group reservations, please put me down for 2.

See ya there.

24. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I think we will be in PD around 1 to 2pm and plan on stopping by Jaguar 15 to say hello and then maybe meander around to do some exploring and shopping on El Paseo Drive. Plan on being at the Gallery and would like to be included for dinner with the Group. If anyone is making reservations for dinner please include the two of us. Many thanks to Jim for opening his condo to everyone.

My cell # is 818 648 3112

Mel

25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I'm leaving now to PS and I know Haig is already there.
    I'll stop by tomor afternoon too Jim.
    Maybe everyone can arrive at a similar time? 3-4?