Is this Scud Price for real?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is this Scud Price for real??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Art138, Dec 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Yea I searched far and wide daily for almost a year. This was one that got my attention because of the price for a low mile '09 . . . until I found out about the accident. I even got a quote from ricambi for a scud steering wheel and they told me $9650 with a 45-60 day lead time. Ouch! I previously had a used scud wheel on my 430 but had sold it 2 months earlier which I was kicking myself for doing.

In terms of the accident leading to a cheap non led replacement, while possible, I don't think that was the case. I honestly think some owners wanted a scud with alcantara all the way around than have LEDs. A no frills racer so to speak. The one in atl had no LEDs and radio delete keeping with the theme.

The thing I don't like about this ad is that it advertises it as a 'clean' car which it clearly isn't. It's currently posted in the dealer listings and it states 'Paintwork:Yes'. Previous paintowrk sure isn't my definition of a 'clean' car.

2. HKE46Boy

HKE46Boy Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    RENN Spec
    Was it a minor or major accident?

3. vf430

vf430 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2009
    SoCal
    I saw this scud for sale by a Fchat member. It had no LED steering wheel. It finally sold at Ferrari of Atlanta. He mentioned that it was optioned that way from factory.

4. FTA

FTA Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2011
    Phila., PA
    Full Name:
    Frank T
    Is the price really that low? The $100k starting bid has an unspecified reserve and the BIN is $180k, which seems in line with other listings I've seen elsewhere for a car with similiar miles (though admittedly the range is broad -- but there are plenty of cars out there from $170-220k [and beyond]).

Wide World Ferrari in Spring Valley NY has a Certified '09 Scud with 870 miles on it for $209k on its website. Its on both cars.com and their website right now. Its even red like OP's eBay car.

5. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    ZFFKW64A590168809

For future searches

6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I saw a brand new scud in 2009 with no LEDs on the steering wheel

7. m2g2

m2g2 Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 10, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #32 m2g2, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Steve, you never cease to amaze me...when do you find the time with all your other commitments?
    Now, the question for any of you guys with more extensive knowledge re Scud options...did Ferrari charge extra for the "alcantara L.E.D. delete steering wheel" option? :p :D :) Somehow, someway...I'll bet they did :confused: And what do you figure its impact is on value? For me, it looks like one of those issues that can truly be a deal breaker. Kind of like a 997 Carrera TT without the sport/chrono option.

8. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have been shopping for scuds/cars on and off for six months and I had a friend trade one back to Ferrari dealer for $165k and I kick myself for not buying it. It is sad when a good low mileage, well optioned car goes away like that.

9. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    Dont forget your friend saved $165 * local_vehicle_sales_tax_rate in many states (not all). Thus he would have saved $10K in FL (6% sales tax) if he traded it in at a dealer on another car. So if he was going to sell it to a private party instead it would need to go for $175K, unless he was cutting you a deal. I will concede that maybe $175k was still a good deal.

10. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Not sure. All I heard was that the car had been in an "accident" and "fender repaint" and the conversation was basically over.

The Atlanta one was a different car because it had a radio delete. This car has a stereo. It's actually spec'd very nice if it weren't for the non-LED steering wheel and accident. That's why I actually took the time to see if it was feasible to get another LED steering wheel. It has alcantara all around with red stitching and yellow tach. Exactly what I was looking for.

Hahaha, Mark. I get wifi in the OR so I can check fchat during my down time. Yeah, I was a little obsessive over the scud market checking it several times a day. Now I just check it a couple times a week when I'm bored even though I have mine sitting at home in my garage. =P

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Really? What's the Vin or dealership?

12. m2g2

m2g2 Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 10, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mark
    LOL!

Steve, I hope your med mal carrier doesn't monitor F-chat!

I know what you mean about keeping abreast of the market. I find myself doing the same and it's been a few months since I bought mine. BTW: How's that Capristo exhaust switch working out?

13. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    It's only between cases when I'm waiting for turnover or at lunch.

The Capristo switch is awesome. It really should be standard. It makes it much more enjoyable to be able to switch on 'obnoxiously loud mode' at a switch of a button rather than having to rev it up to 6000 rpm. And then turn it to 'quiet standard mode' when driving home so as to not piss off my neighbors or attract unwanted stalkers.

14. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    It was a grey/silver stripe car that went to Scottsdale. It has since been sold to another customer. It was a good deal and should of done it.

Only reason it was that cheap is it was a good friend.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    When was that? Those guys should have let me know as I'm always trying to keep an eye out for a silverstone scud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thought you had a 458?

17. ca_scud

ca_scud Karting

Dec 15, 2006
    California
    Steve, if I'm in your OR, please don't check fchat :)

18. crazylumpy

crazylumpy Rookie

Sep 3, 2012
    SlC
    Full Name:
    Al
    The car is a Real Scuderia, the reserve on the auction is set some where around 175K. He also has this car listed on a dealer Wholesale site and the buy it now is set at 175K, so that's why I'm thinking is reserve is set at 175K. The Vin checks out as an original Scud, the dealer could order the Scud with out LEDS....

19. ferraribrit

ferraribrit Karting

Feb 27, 2009
    Ridgeland, MS
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I previously owned the car recently sold at FoA, and its VIN number is 3 after the car in question here. I had the window sticker which made no mention of radio or led wheel - in other words they had been deleted from the sticker too haha.

I bought the car with 200 miles on it from original owner through FoA who originally delivered but have no idea who ordered it that way. Obviously i'm the only one in this thread who does, but I prefer the no LED wheel.

As my car (and probably this car) was built in June 09 which seems very close to the end of production, I speculate that Ferrari had simply run out of LED wheels and didn't want to make any more!

Best, Paul

20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  21. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
  22. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    I had a black 09 scud before my current scud that did not have the led wheel. I traded it for my current scud.

23. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    Amazing how many times this scud has been sold and relisted for sale immediately afterwards.

24. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    this scud been in a few accidents, been talk about many times

25. mountainman3520

mountainman3520 Karting

Nov 11, 2013
    Silicon Valley, Cali
    Full Name:
    Dan Gilley
    Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?

All these people buying a dream car and then dumping it a few months later. After discovering . . . .