RS200? Is this dealer a scam? | FerrariChat

RS200? Is this dealer a scam?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghardt, Apr 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I've been looking online at some of these cars (all in Belgium). I've seen the cars listed on many different websites. When I email the dealer he wants me to call his euro number at 01133613916500. His email comes back from RS200.com. Anyone else feel this dealer is a scam?

Here is a link to his cars:
    http://www.classicdriver.com/en/user/rs200com

2. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well he clearly has a pic of a Ford RS200 Evo on the website, but hard to tell if he's legit. I've not heard of this place before?

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Same answer from him. His number is french. I always forget to call. Id give the benefit of the doubt though.

4. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Very similar modus operandi as Mr Olzyck...

Paul

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Same listings as well. Esp that Alfa Barchetta..

6. ClassicAB

ClassicAB Karting
    BANNED

Jan 1, 2014
    Yes, because, he want to avoid tire kicker, he believe that if you cannot afford to call him, you cannot afford to buy a car, very clever , look at Ford RS 200 Information
    You should call him if you a real or you Urban Dictionary: tire kicker

7. ClassicAB

ClassicAB Karting
    BANNED

Jan 1, 2014

tire kicker
    A person who acts or thinks they're interested in purchasing a car that they can most likely not afford to buy. They spend a majority of their time trying to find things wrong with the car that's for sale by complaining the car is the wrong color,(when they knew that it was that color in the first place), its an automatic instead of a stick (but if it were a stick he'd want an automatic) or its missing a few features that they really wanted, like the irrelevant windshield washers on the headlights. Tire kickers generally low ball you on the first offer, just to see how desperate you are. They generally test your will to sell it to them by their indecision. Most tire kickers are indecisive car buyers who are cheapskates at heart, that will never fix the things or faults they find wrong on the car thats for sale if they buy it.
    Tommy the tire kicker was testing Johns patience with the list of things he didn't like about the car.

8. ClassicAB

ClassicAB Karting
    BANNED

Jan 1, 2014
  9. F430miguel

F430miguel Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Not only is the number French, but it's a landline too. Seems more legit than for mobiles or premium numbers.

10. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Seen this guys ads for a long time now.

11. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Seems like you are the seller? No? Providing real evidence the car is real can't be done over the phone anyways.

12. mnsty

mnsty Rookie

Jun 12, 2005
    Torrance, Ca
    Full Name:
    Cory Muensterman
    #12 mnsty, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Philippe Olczyk is RS200.com he stole that website layout from RS200.org I would not deal with him. I own a RS200 and know the owner of .org. He's a standup guy.
    If you need RS200 info RS200.org is the place.

13. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I've owned multiple Ferraris and still do. I just don't want to waste my time with people attempting to sell reproduction cars as an originals. Your aggressive response speaks volumes. Thank you for clarifying your scam.

14. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    Cory speaks the truth.

15. Venturi

Venturi Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 20, 2014
    The World
    Right, this Philippe Olczyk is always using the same modus operandi : placing false announcements either to buy for cheaper rate or with similar car standards with high price to sell better the one he has, using fake names, pretending living in Monaco while he is living in Nice, writing books as an investment to tell better stories about how he wants to present some stories. I do not know how this Philippe Olczyk can still find gogo clients to buy any car from him :)