FERRARI decides to screw their last champion, again | FerrariChat

FERRARI decides to screw their last champion, again

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, May 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #2 DeSoto, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    I stopped reading here.

Santander sponsorship started 2 years later. If he even can´t get the facts right, why should I trust his opinion?

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The whole Santander thing is well documented and started quite early in 2008.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Having read the article, the first bit was a bit too dramatical for me until I got near the end. The ERS power up for Alonso only is disgraceful. Utterly ridiculous, in fact.

I can't help but feeling quite smug that Raikkonen managed to outqualify Alonso, at his home track, with less power. Haha :D.

Here the document:
    http://desdirodeabike.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/bnxdappiqaauqj4.jpg?w=640

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Gee... it was only a week or two ago that people were saying Kimi world be favoured because Alonso criticised the team last year and was probably leaving.

Now that he's beating Kimi, the conspiracy theorists think Alonso is being favoured.

Weirdos!

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Why would the FIA ask to adjust the ERS current on only Alonso's car unless it was producing too much power? If it produced to little, FIA isn't going to insist it has to be changed, that's Ferrari's problem.

7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Bring me some links then.

I highly doubt that Santander had any influence in a team that was racing against another team that they actually were sponsorizing at that time.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Who the heck knows?? BUT....why would they favour Alonso? Why wouldn't they give equal cars? Come on....just be logical...it makes no sense.

Alonso doesn't need any help to beat Kimi. Either is capable of beating the other on any given day, and I can't believe the team favours Alonso, after going to all the effort of getting Kimi back. If they were going to play those games, they'd have just kept Massa.

10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Santander's big boy was there, and the noise around Alonso that he was looking at faster toys again this weekend was a lot of reason for Ferrari to show that they stand behind him and that it's still his team.

Kimi had the upper hand all bloody weekend so Alonso certainly needed help to get ahead. Don't forget Alonso has been with the team for 5 years now and Kimi only 5 races since he came back. Alonso has had 3 years of experience with the different suspension etc. It's only the first weekend Kimi was truly ahead of Alonso but if he's got the right steering now Alonso is about to have it really tough. Still outqualified on a track he's only been outqualified once on, despite him having more power...

This weekend was the first one where they quite obviously favoured Alonso, not just the fans think so either. Martin Brundle and quite a few others in the know have all said the same, and they generally know a thing or two more than us arm chair experts.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So what if it's written by the first guy? All the dates seem to work quite nicely with each other, articles etc. Makes perfect sense.

What's your stand on the FIA instructing Ferrari to adjust Alonso's ERS power?

13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just doesn't make sense to me....but I'm a bit dumb.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Santander connection with Ferrari lasts until 2017, but it is connected to Alonso being there (or probably at least 1 driver significant in their market, such as Massa for Brazil), so it's of pretty big importance for Alonso to stay on the team currently (on top of his performance, of course).

If Alonso leaves, and Santander dictates another latino driver to come, who will be good enough currently to ensure at least a WCC (or has high up as possible)? We all thought Perez would be up to the job but he was up and down at Mclaren. Gutierrez isn't going anywhere (pace wise). Nasr is still too early, and Ferrari doesn't take on guys with no significant F1 experience.

Other option is to find new money in place of Santander, but the Santander spot is not cheap. If Bottas would join Kimi (I'd very much welcome that), the only company with enough money and interest to sponsor would probably be Nokia (flush with Microsoft money now).

Vettel comes without sponsors as far as I know. He's had his full ride done by Red Bull for years, before F1 too. Can't really see Red Bull sponsoring Ferrari, lol.

So Ferrari is in a little tight spot. 40 million a year is a lot of money to lose, even for Ferrari. No doubt they'll be able to find another sponsor, but will it be to the same tune of money? Or as quick? Mclaren has struggled significantly finding a new title sponsor.

15. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Conspiracists are an interesting crowd: in Spanish forums they´re saying that Ferrari is trying to spoil Alonso, and here I read the opposite.

The guy is coherent between articles, so what: coherent lies or coherent speculation doesn´t make a solid evidence.

I don´t know, contrary to that guy I don´t enjoy making stories from thin air, but even if Alonso had less ERS power after qualifying, Raikkonen was not able to open a gap in the race, and that´s the only thing that should matter now.

Anyway, Raikkonen´s last race was good in my book: even if he lost to Alonso again, this was the first time he was able to give a fight. If he can keep this pace, he´ll have more chances of finishing ahead of him along the season.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Don't get me wrong, I don't take what the guy wrote as concrete evidence. I do think there is some truth in it, but like Raikkonen said himself ''it's just business''.

All I care for is what I see with my own eyes and what's happening on track. I want Kimi to beat Alonso. For me, he did so this weekend.

Kimi was still in the Ferrari office after 20:30 on Sunday, not happy with the situation. Probably not very happy either...

17. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    How's the saying go?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..."

18. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    If I were a championship winning driver, I wouldn't touch Ferrari with a 10 foot pole as long as LDM was still in the picture. If they can treat a driver of Schumacher's caliber the way they did, what chance does anyone else have of getting treated fairly?

19. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    piece of cake, build 40 LaweneedtowintheWDCferrari dashboard plaque speciale edition @ $1.5mil per and you are back to level...

more than enough people out there to pony up that int heir time of "need".

going to be interesting as the season unfolds and how this all takes shape between these two... most interesting driver pairing in a good while.

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    +1

Alonso is better and faster than Raikkonen, period. Lots of people thought Kimi would come to Ferrari and send Alonso home crying. That hasn't happened...in fact Alonso is making Kimi look like Massa. This must be frustrating for his fans, as they seem to make more excuses with each passing race.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I´ve been sayong for a long time, Alonso may be a good driver but he is poison, and what he takes away from the team is far more than what he brings....Untill we get rid of him, Ferrari won't be a decent team again....

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    LMAO, this guy's "journalism" has been discussed on here before. He is clearly a huge Kimi fanboy/ conspiracy theorist that is simply trying to explain away Massa beating Kimi.

Take what he says with a grain of salt.

23. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

The article does not even describe a year in which Santander was brought in. All it says that Ferrari in 2009 decided to bring in Alonzo. And speaking of Alonzo, he is "coincidentally of the same nationality as Ferrari's main sponsor." Those statements are true. It did not suggest that Santander WAS Ferrari's sponsor at the time.