Video: 458 Italia vs 458 Speciale | FerrariChat

Video: 458 Italia vs 458 Speciale

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by gtgtgtgt, May 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gtgtgtgt

gtgtgtgt Karting

Dec 5, 2010
    Be sure to watch this video as well kind of explains the not so big difference between the grey Speciale and black Italia:

Giallo Triplo Strato Ferrari 458 Speciale vs 458 Speciale Ultra HD 4k - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlwpCJ1RWQ&list=UUEe-43j9WUt6A0pHBppRJ_A&feature=share]Ferrari 458 Speciale vs Ferrari 458 Italia in 4k Ultra HD - YouTube[/ame]

and you see the yellow is faster driven / other settign on the Manietetto / less fuel in the car.

I know for a fact that the yellow Speciale almost had an empty tank while the grey one had more fuel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlwpCJ1RWQ&list=UUEe-43j9WUt6A0pHBppRJ_A&feature=share]Ferrari 458 Speciale vs Ferrari 458 Italia in 4k Ultra HD - YouTube[/ame]

2. bigblock737

bigblock737 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Andy B.
    For me it's quite a difference... The Italia is going flat out and still produces slip on the rear. As it was wet I guess the Speciale had some more problems getting the power to the ground at the beginning but then pulls away easily. At higher speeds however the Speciale has no advantage due to the different aerodynamic setup. I'd say it's almost impossible to overtake an Italia at speeds 250+...

3. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Strange. The difference between the two Speciales was greater than the difference between the slower Speciale and the Italia.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Odd the yellow S destroyed the silver S so soundly. Something is odd....I'd want my money back if I owned the silver version.

5. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Most likely driver differences and conditions. I'd like to see an off the line run of 458 vs the Speciale with similar skilled drivers.

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Yeah, most likely that was down to the driver.

7. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Compare these two cars on a race track and you will recognize the difference. The Speciale is a track weapon and not an acceleration rocket. For acceleration competitions its better to use a nice tuned Cadillac CTS-V Station Wagon... ;)

8. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    You're 100% correct BUT in terms of "real world" application/use less than 5% of the Speciales will likely ever see a track (at least here in the U.S.). Most of the street contests will be brief bursts of acceleration on the street or highway where the difference (as shown here) would be a disappointment to me.

9. bigblock737

bigblock737 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Andy B.
    If you buy a Speciale for dragraces there's a much cheaper way to succeed - a GT-R for instance...

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Speciale is considerably quicker than the Italia, up to at least 250 kph.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Which in stock form is considerable slower than the Italia, never mind the Speciale, in a straight line.

12. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Don't forget, the Speciale hasn't replaced the Italia. If someone does not prefer to visit tracks there is nothing wrong when still buying the "normal" 458 - still an outstanding car, also next to the Speciale!