F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS*** | Page 25 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    +1 Exactly!

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Funny thing was, when they where renegotiating Kimi's contract, they reached an agreement on his salary very quickly. What took ages was exactly how many PR things he had to do...I'm sure he started at zero but he had to give them something ;).

Yes I agree.

The media know exactly how a driver is after a couple of seasons and subsequently ask them questions in a certain way, leaving it open ended and for the driver to fill in the blanks...they know exactly what answers they're getting and can then write the **** out of it.

3. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Not only that but I notice the media questions are pointed in such a way that the driver can easily, if they wanted, expectorate an incendiary answer. It's as if the media are trying to 'start stuff', which they probably are. Controversy sells.

For those of you in the US, the F1 media reminds me of an episode of Jerry Springer.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not entirely fair considering.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's putting it mildly.

Plain stupid if you ask me.

How anybody can ignore 4 WDCs is beyond me.

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I watched the Monaco parade. And every year, I ask why the heck this race is still on the calender???? F1 cars outgrew this track a long time ago. It is just a big waste of everyone's time. Sorry, just had to rant.

7. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Now this ^^^ is what I was getting at with my post about the media instigating the Lewis v Nico, Prost v Senna thing.
    Its like the way sky interviewed Nico and then cut to Lewis telling tales about what the other driver said. It always reminds me of children in a school play ground playing "he said she said". Kind of light the fuse and step back.

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
  9. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Outgrown the track? :confused:

Cars were much faster a couple og year ago, not to mention wrestling a ~1000hp turbo beast around there.

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yup. That said Lewis is still silly for saying ''I'll sort it like Senna did''. IMO it just shows his immaturity or complete lack of understanding of the history. Sorting it like Senna = deliberately punting Rosberg off...

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Monaco is unique, an anachronism on the calendar.
    Monaco hardly respects any safety rules imposed on other circuits, and still gets away with it.

12. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    We'll see what hapoens in Montreal!

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haters gonna hate.

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, I can subscribe to that. :)

15. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Seb's just tasting a bit of humble pie, served by Ricciardo.

16. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Now he did not say that did he. This is were people lead by media fill in the blanks themselves thinking of suzuka.
    Its like media and people are saying that all Senna would do was punt a fellow driver of the track to sort a problem.
    Equily what was said could have also just as easily ment a senna type of aproach from another angle other than punt a driver of.
    Is punting a driver of all senna did?

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Last I checked Vettel was 2 places ahead of Ricciardo when his car packed up. Again.
    But then Hamilton should have said ''I will beat him on track''. Not ''sort it like Senna''.

18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Monaco is still on the calendar because of all of the glamor surrounding the race, not the race itself.

For the drivers, they are just trying to get around the track without hitting a barrier, there's little to no actual racing going on. Passing opportunities are a joke.

When you have fabulous new circuits like Circuit of the Americas, I don't know how anyone can argue against that.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hamilton in an ******...i remenber when Massa ate him from breakfast in the first corner at Hungaroring he was pissed and after the race said something like "nex time he tries that...", what a tool!!...and after Spa 2008 when he was defending his overtaking on Kimi, stating he had balls (i believe he does, he just forgot the brain)...
    Lewis is good , very good but he is not as good as he think he is, and his ego is far greater than his talent behind the wheel...

20. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Unfortunately true.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Drivers love it, the people at the track love it...

It's not impossible to over take. Sutil did well until he ejected himself of the track, as did raikkonen.

The race itself is the most glamorous IMO. I highly doubt it'll ever go away. The reason one goes to the race itself is not to watch the best racing action around...it's the whole week that's one big party, incredible glamorous stuff that goes on.

Of all tracks people want to win, Monaco frequently is on top.

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  23. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    So let me ask you this, and answer honestly.......if you had the ability to be transported to a track just as the red lights are going out, and then got transported out of there the second the checkered flag is waved, meaning you are there to watch the race, and only the race, where would Monaco rank on your list?

24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Dead last for Monaco! The Amber Lounge procession is not an ideal race in comparison to others.

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Gee, maybe Alonso is heading to Mercedes after all. :eek:.

;)