Hamilton to Ferrari? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hamilton to Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by HMS, Jul 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel did things with the EBD car that Webber just couldn't convince himself was possible; to get the real benefit of the EBD you had to go on the throttle before it should be possible. Vettel was able to do this and Webber never did. Vettel's mind was able to tell him ''the grip will come'' whilst Webbers mind told him ''you will crash if you give full throttle now''.

I think over the years Vettel developed his driving style completely to do just that. Doing it now and he will spin, and he will crash. I don't think it's terribly easy to unlearn 4-5 years of second nature.

Next year Vettel has to beat his teammate very convincingly or his titles will become tainted.

Magnussen has him on outright speed so far this year I believe. He tends to hit things near his vicinity though, which has seriously hurt him in points this season.

2. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Why is Vettel more desirable than Ricardo? I would choose Ricardo first

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    As I would.

I see the opinion of "tainted titles" nonsensically being mentioned once again but "a title is a title" and the history books do not care.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    or prove that it was 90% Newey's car that did the winning, and that Webber just sucked period.

5. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    THIS. Not to take anything away from Michael, but if it was ALL in the hands of the driver Alonso would've made it happen. Respect to Alonso's skill (even though I don't like the guy, at all) but despite what he will (probably) say it's not all about him.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Only when Ferrari makes the team's first priority once again become winning will we see the likes of Todt and Brawn return.
    There are changes afoot. How comprehensive they are remains to be seen.

7. Rich S

Rich S Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    Monterey, California
    Full Name:
    Rich Saylor
    What needs to change isn't the drivers on each team; what needs to change is whatever regulation is preventing the teams other than Mercedes from having reasonably competitive cars. Anything from the basic formula- turbocharged V6 engines running a sort of hybrid, testing and/or design changes during the season, different tires to suit each different car (they all use the SAME tires, now!) or whatever it takes. Clearly the change in formula was to break the Red Bull stranglehold, only to hand it to Mercedes instead. Oops!

Also- whatever Ferrari management is doing to its racing team structure isn't working out, is it? I don't know where the best & brightest have fled to but it doesn't seem to have been to Ferrari. Too bad! I suggest that upper management- and their attitude- is to blame, not the worker bees...

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
    Rich

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Can you offer unfounded proof that your speculation holds water?

9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    odd question Gregg; why not founded proof? ;-)

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I'm odd; you should know that by now :D but you are right I could have worded that better, sorry. What I should have said was that I do not think it is a regulation that is holding the other teams back its just that Mercedes have found a way to get the regulations to work in their favor and not against them.

Better? :)

11. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Si! I had noticed oddity ;-)

Agreed on all counts

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    How many times did the best car NOT win the championship I ask you.

Fact of the matter is that Vettel was able to drive that Red Bull as needed and Webber didn't. Webber doesn't suck and never did.

Vettel is the real deal but he's had his constant critics. I made my earlier comment because his (loud and annoying) critics will get even louder if he doesn't start beating his teammate soon, especially by next year.

13. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I'm a work in progress but solace can be taken in that we are taking a general education course in "Written Communication" at school. So hopefully my written communication and punctuation skills will be improving. I can also thank some of the members here who have pointed out my poor skills and it has made me more aware of just how important this skill is in all area's of life.

Sorry I did not mean to ramble off topic.

14. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    True but the best cars usually are teamed with the best drivers.

Apportioning credit is never going to be clear cut.

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Y2K. Ferrari F2000 and Schumacher.

16. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Oh dear heaven, my first post was intended as a pure play-on-words joke. I love language and play with words all the time. Gregg, please recant your above undesired unneeded conn-fession! (that's another yoke!) keep it up and you'll have me dissolving and that'll not be a pretty picture

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I can give you a BIG list....

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    LOL!!

19. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I take it all back now that I've recognized the wartime photo of you in your old uniform. What a nerve to use it as your avatar

20. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    also when Kimi won for Ferrari (circa 2007 or so). The mclaren was better but between spygate and the hamilton/alonso feud Ferrari was able to sneak that one in.

21. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The question was won not defaulted to.
    ;)

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't think the mac was better...depended on the tracks...but Kimi was definitly the better man that year...

23. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    After this weekend we can hope Lewis will talk to Ferrari about taking his 4 tenths in driver development to them! I know there are some that would hate to see a b-man racing for Ferrari but I and others would welcome it!

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Huh?

25. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003